Indestructible SD cards - help me destroy them

Some really great suggestions here everyone and I'm going to try a lot of them.

For legal/safety/practical reasons I cannot:

• Shoot it (guns are hard to obtain here)
  • Blow it up (explosives are illegal for consumers)
  • Strap it to a firework (fireworks are illegal for consumers)
  • Blowtorch it (I don't own a blowtorch)
  • Microwave it (dangerous)
  • Grind it/destroy it using industrial equipment (don't have access)
  • Ingest it (health)

To be honest, I think the best sort of test you can do are things that may actually happen to the product through general use. Blowing it up is obviously gonna knacker it up. :p

I would throw it in mud, stand on it, drop it. If it was a bigger item I'd get a dog to chew it or something, but as it's so small.. dangerous. xD

Hmm I see a lot of suggestions. Perhaps something less obvious, such as taking it to a construction site and asking someone with a Jackhammer to go at it? :)

You should test it for what it claims to be.. " being water, magnet, and shock proof." anything else and you are just wasting a perfectly good SD Card.

yeah first degaus it, then drop it off a 50 story building, then take it for a swim :laugh:

They're metallic-cased as far as I can tell so unfortunately microwaving them would be dangerous

Don't believe everything you see in he movies the worst that can happen is that you wear out and reduce the efficiency of the magnetron. And even that is very unlikely from something that small. Ore than that you just get a pretty light show.

Note: I almost forgot, they are Samsung microSD cards rated as "waterproof, shockproof and magnet-proof"

It sounds like you might be able to get through the waterproof if you put it in boiling water.

Someone mentioned a construction site for the card.

The Extreme Makeover Home Edition team is here in my town, I am sure I could probably drop it off for one of their crew to include it in some of their fun activities. :)

Nah...couldn't get past their security from the spectator zone. LOL

Don't believe everything you see in he movies the worst that can happen is that you wear out and reduce the efficiency of the magnetron. And even that is very unlikely from something that small. Ore than that you just get a pretty light show.

Yeah but I doubt the actual owners of my microwave would want metal in it.

I'll be filming it all tomorrow, the order will be something like this:

• Light water, shock and magnet testing (which it should pass)
  • More shock treatment: high drops, some smashes, stepping on, etc.
  • More solid treatment: sand, dirt, mud, etc.
  • More liquid treatment: vingear, washing machine, freezing in ice
  • Heat testing: under the grill briefly, boiling water, possibly frying it in oil
  • Smashing tests: pickaxe, weights, hammer
  • If it's still working, everything else I can possibly think of, or suggested, to stop it working

Here is a good one, take a glass tape the SD card to the bottom of the glass, then fill with water, leave it overnight in a freezer so that the card is covered by ice. break the ice to see if it works.

So I received my supposedly "indestructible" SD cards today in the post. I'm going to be posting up a video review showing ways that I will be testing the strength of the cards.

However I need you guys to come up with some cool ideas for things I should do to try and destroy them.

Any ideas are welcome and will be considered but ridiculous ones will obviously not be attempted.

Note: I almost forgot, they are Samsung microSD cards rated as "waterproof, shockproof and magnet-proof"

12 GA shotgun or a .308 rifle round

Big question guys: I destroyed it just then, but I didn't reach the final stages of boiling water and other cool stuff. It was destroyed through quite a nasty shock.

Now I have a second one that I was planning on giving away here. Do you want me to destroy the second one through remaining cool methods (boiling, acid, heat) or give it away?