Update your Neowin avatar!

OMG Still1... Thanks for showing how ugly signatures can be.... seriously, so overly sized. I'm disliking this new setup more and more and more.

well i am experimenting things... and thanks for the advice I am going to resize the signature...

I have been thinking about re sizing since this morning but wont be able to do it now since some images are blocked at work.

I always meant to make a photocopy of my avatar and sig just in case this ever happened.

A friend of my Nan heard from a lady at the local greengrocer, that all of Neowin's avatars were left in an unlocked cupboard during the move, The avatars were last seen being sown onto the jumpers and cardigans of hippys from the west country..

Just what I heard, not saying its true.

I mentioned in another topic that despite a larger size Avatar being recommended, simply re-uploading your old one with no changes seems to work just fine. I didn't notice any pixelation, at least.

So just to be clear, there is no longer a "photo" and an "avatar", just one picture to do both jobs? So if you want to make the most of either one of them, the other has to suffer?

I don't know why they went this route, there is a reason you might want a different photo on your profile to your forum avatar

OMG Still1... Thanks for showing how ugly signatures can be.... seriously, so overly sized. I'm disliking this new setup more and more and more.

Sigs haven't changed at all, and we have guidelines for the size.. so I don't understand your problem.

Is there any way to turn off the avatar borders? They only appear for .png files with transparency.

Is there anyway to DISABLE avatars?

IMO they distract from the posts which is the main focus of the reason why I visit the page. I understand people have a taste of customizability but I prefer a very clean and "professional" look.

IMO they distract from the posts which is the main focus of the reason why I visit the page. I understand people have a taste of customizability but I prefer a very clean and "professional" look.

It will have to be a mod, which I've requested.

As for avatar borders, I'll have to ask Timan if he can do that.

Personally I prefer having them there since it means you can see who has posted it quickly at a glance, which is quicker than seeing the username imo.