Libyan forces 'capture Gaddafi'

Libyan Forces have said to have captured the ousted Libyan leader Col Muammar Gaddafi.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-15385955

MOD EDIT - Seems it's now confirmed.

http://openchannel.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/10/20/8415341-after-gadhafis-demise-biggest-killers-of-americans-now-are-dead

(and other sources)

Edited by SHoTTa35

Impossible as it sounds, it might be true after all the U.S. interference.

But still highly unlikely

Why unlikely? Considering all the progress the rebel forces have made, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, but it was inevitable in the end.

Reports are rather conflicting at the moment, with some saying he's captured and others saying he's dead. I guess we'll find out for sure over the next few hours.

Either way, in the long run it won't make any difference to the average guy in the street whether Gadaffi is in charge or not. He's still gonna have pockets full of sand and no freedom.

Why unlikely? Considering all the progress the rebel forces have made, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner, but it was inevitable in the end.

I am actually surprised that Gaddafi was still in Lybia. I would have thought he had fled.

Reports are rather conflicting at the moment, with some saying he's captured and others saying he's dead. I guess we'll find out for sure over the next few hours.

The current trend in the news is that he died following wounds during the battle of Syrte.

There is a very graphic image from AFP available on msnbc.com. I am not at ease with posting it here but it is available somewhere.

Either way, in the long run it won't make any difference to the average guy in the street whether Gadaffi is in charge or not. He's still gonna have pockets full of sand and no freedom.

Depends ... Now that he is dead, may be the rest of his followers will use terrorism to undermine the new Lybia, may be they will go into hiding in other countries and will give up any hope of vengeance. It is up to the Lybian people to buil their new country. How will that turn out ... Time will tell...

Why not? You like people who kill their own civilians?

Because he was the only one who stood against the U.S.

and anyone who stands against the U.S. kills its civilians.

Yeah that makes him a ***

• Like 1

Shouldn't have happened

Exactly. What passes for patriotism these days is scary to me. Patriotism is just blindly accepting whatever the major news sources say. No one questions anything anymore. I wonder what people will say when America gets attacked and bombed again. Everyone is going to be up in arms when the reality is, it might be well deserved. If someone came into your house and threatened your family, you will do what you can to protect them but for some reason it's okay when they don't look like you.

Yeah, you don't sound like you're using any logic at all. I'll finish the "conversation" right here.

Why not? You like people who kill their own civilians?

And we don't? We have been doing it for years but when it's exposed, the exposers are called "Conspiracy Theorists"

QFMFT

Exactly. What passes for patriotism these days is scary to me. Patriotism is just blindly accepting whatever the major news sources say. No one questions anything anymore. I wonder what people will say when America gets attacked and bombed again. Everyone is going to be up in arms when the reality is, it might be well deserved. If someone came into your house and threatened your family, you will do what you can to protect them but for some reason it's okay when they don't look like you.

(Y)

Yeah, you don't sound like you're using any logic at all. I'll finish the "conversation" right here.

Of course you'll end it

What does that have to do with this guy killing his own people? Not entirely sure what your point is.

What does that have to do with this guy killing his own people? Not entirely sure what your point is.

I've always heard this and Google brings up random blogs.

Is there any evidence that he was systematically killing his own people?

He'll probably come up with a western hate-filled, blind source

He'll probably come up with a western hate-filled, blind source

Nope. No source because I don't really care. If you want to research him be my guest as I have better things to do. I was just asking the fellow what his point was because there didn't seem to be one. I don't get the correlation between a dictator in libya who may or may not be dead or may or may not be captured and home intrustions in America and what that has to do with patriotism. Perhaps I worded my post wrong, but I don't really care to fix that, either.

"If someone came into your house and threatened your family, you will do what you can to protect them but for some reason it's okay when they don't look like you."

Edit: I changed my mind

http://english.aljaz...7565923629.html

He sounds like a delightful guy that an ordinary person would love to spend a day with. I understand that it's find to hard links on him, afterall this was just the third link when I googled his name (on a non-western-hated filled site no less).

In the 1970s against students, when he publicly hung students who were marching, demonstrating, demanding rights in Benghazi and in Tripoli and many other squares, and his opposition members abroad in the 1980s, including here in London and other places in Europe and in in Arab Middle East.

Yeah, what a shame if he really is captured or dead. /s

Well, I guess the rebels thought so, as they were the ones who started this whole revolution AND killed/captured/whatever Gadaffi.

Dunno why people are bringing the US into it, they've kept pretty much out of this one...

Wow, people are actually defending that monster?

They aren't going to stop fighting and killing until he's dead, so the sooner the better. I feel bad for people that are stuck living in those corrupt nations.

Wow, people are actually defending that monster?

They aren't going to stop fighting and killing until he's dead, so the sooner the better. I feel bad for people that are stuck living in those corrupt nations.

Apparently he really is dead. http://english.aljazeera.net/ is saying they have video of his dead body now.

Finally! Congratulations, Libya! Maybe now they're finally on their way to getting their country back.

Hope he burns in hell.