Windows 8 news coverage here

image_235.jpg

Any body notice the weather in the system tray in the bottom right? :D

neat, but do you think it's actually part of the time/date thing, or is it more of a third-party type thing? would be great if this was actually a part of the task bar...

neat, but do you think it's actually part of the time/date thing, or is it more of a third-party type thing? would be great if this was actually a part of the task bar...

Mentioned over the last page or two. Current assumption is that it is most likely a third-party app, but only another 1.5 days before we find out for sure.

Mentioned over the last page or two. Current assumption is that it is most likely a third-party app, but only another 1.5 days before we find out for sure.

ah, didn't see that :/

can't wait :D

canouna in his tweet posted the pic of WCP metro start screen on giant screen, what's interesting is there seems to be a "desktop sub-tile" on the desktop tile, with the metro beta fish wallpaper, and a music icon on it.

image_241.jpg

• Like 2

canouna in his tweet posted the pic of WCP metro start screen on giant screen, what's interesting is there seems to be a "desktop sub-tile" on the desktop tile, with the metro beta fish wallpaper, and a music icon on it.

Nice! He has been really picky off late....lol

That could very well be new music app....but on desktop? could it be zune client (just the name changed)?

image_241.jpg

Nice! He has been really picky off late....lol

That could very well be new music app....but on desktop? could it be zune client (just the name changed)?

i think its wmp in "small mode" or whatever its called...

post-293012-0-79438300-1330412183.png

But what's interesting is that he is getting a preview of the desktop on maybe hovering on the metro tile, this is not there in WDP

• Like 1

I think it is in WDP because if you put the cursor right to the left of the screen you get a same preview as we can see here :)

On the WP, you get a black menu like this :

start-menu.jpg

aah true

Nope, false.

Nope, false.

Uh, true. He didn't say put the cursor in the corner. He said to put it on the left edge. I've done it before, and it HAS to be literally on the edge or it won't work. Hopefully that's changed in the CP.

nope, 512Kb/s (70KB/s) cable connection

but downloading a 2GB ISO will take me roughly 2 days on a connection like this :(

im really tired maybe but 3.6Gb will take 16hours on ur Connection. :s

@ 64kb s ull be downloading 3.75mb a minute. SO thats 225mb an hour. and 16hours equal 3600mb ... almost 3.6gb

and yes you get a preview if u take them mouse to the left edge ..

and u can keep the mouse there and use scroll wheel to scroll through apps i think aswell.

tick tock

waiting!!!

im really tired maybe but 3.6GB will take 16hours on ur Connection. :s

@ 64kB s ull be downloading 3.75mB a minute. SO thats 225mB an hour. and 16hours equal 3600mB ... almost 3.6gB

and yes you get a preview if u take them mouse to the left edge ..

and u can keep the mouse there and use scroll wheel to scroll through apps i think aswell.

thank godness i would get my allowance 2morow around the same time the D/L would be available

otherwise would be stuck Downloading @ 512Kb (at normal speed would get 8Mbit via 3G dongle )

Thankfully, my fup cap goes off on 1st

Will download this at 10MBits :)

We have 3G here and theoretically its about 14-21 mbits/sec... but I don't think they give anything more than 4-5mbits anywhere here and its super costly. 500mb costs about 200 bucks(~$4) whereas 3gb on 2G will only cost $2 and using up 3GB on 2G is almost impossible in a month given the near dialup speeds on EDGE.

Uh, true. He didn't say put the cursor in the corner. He said to put it on the left edge. I've done it before, and it HAS to be literally on the edge or it won't work. Hopefully that's changed in the CP.

Isn't the pointer on the corner on that pic ? My bad then :/

Still, the store icon is blue, and not orange as in the DP, so it's not the DP!

Thankfully, my fup cap goes off on 1st

Will download this at 10MBits :)

We have 3G here and theoretically its about 14-21 mbits/sec... but I don't think they give anything more than 4-5mbits anywhere here and its super costly. 500mb costs about 200 bucks(~$4) whereas 3gb on 2G will only cost $2 and using up 3GB on 2G is almost impossible in a month given the near dialup speeds on EDGE.

yes we have 2.5G here. And its really slow. Its something like 2gb for 30days for $2...But no 3g.

although there is one sweet thing. My 2mb internet connection is just $17 a month and its unlimited. like really unlimited. no limit. :p no throttling or anything :p so im ISOing all the time :p