Windows 8 news coverage here

you get 8Mbit via 3G :o

we dont even have 3G here :(

i have a 2mb cable.

What? I thought 3G was one of the areas where Pakistan was much ahead than India. Nevermind, I have 4 mbps ADSL connection and 3.6 mbps 3G connection for backup.

It would be up at 19:30 IST can't wait! But going out for food then will keep it downloading overnight. Should not take more than 4-5 hrs if servers can handle all the load.

There is a saying the UK (my part anyway) that if sit watching the clock it will go slow or stop :D

IT'S COMING!

There is a saying the UK (my part anyway) that if sit watching the clock it will go slow or stop :D

IT'S COMING!

Yep, "A watched pot never boils" is another one

WHAT? thats really expensive man!!!.. i hope you are making good use of it :p

4 hours to go !!!! YAY!!!!!!.. imagine if they plan to release it after the conference. :p lol

Yea, does it actually say the release is set for that time or just the announcement ? lol

The WDP announcement said "The download will be available later this evening" :D

Yea, does it actually say the release is set for that time or just the announcement ? lol

The WDP announcement said "The download will be available later this evening" :D

what where?

NOOOOOOO!!!!

WHAT? thats really expensive man!!!.. i hope you are making good use of it :p

sure does ;)

What? I thought 3G was one of the areas where Pakistan was much ahead than India. Nevermind, I have 4 mbps ADSL connection and 3.6 mbps 3G connection for backup.

It would be up at 19:30 IST can't wait! But going out for food then will keep it downloading overnight. Should not take more than 4-5 hrs if servers can handle all the load.

really?? We dont have 3G here. And on TV all ads i see are 3G in india. :p

although yes 2G here is inexpensive. But it hardly does the job. Its too slow.

And well its gonna take me 4 hours on my connection. If you have a 4mb connection it will take you around 2hours.... for 3.6GB ISO

o no man :(

ive been watching conan to pass time and ... :( i had my whole day planned for this. Ill have to download it tommorrow if it releases later the evening in Redmond.

It'll be funny if it comes to the time and nothing happens. No announcement or anything.

Now that's the kind of thing that could make windows 8 go far.

Make everyone want it even more!

1 hour 8 minutes!!!

It'll be funny if it comes to the time and nothing happens. No announcement or anything.

Now that's the kind of thing that could make windows 8 go far.

Make everyone want it even more!

Everybody would be like

132882301075.jpg

if they said:

The download will be available later this evening

if they push the download to later this evening I would be really sad :'(

I was actually really excited that they were having it in Spain so I could start the download at 6 AM and then by the time I get home it would be waiting...like a present :D

55 minutes :D

UPDATE:

The Verge liveblog (with countdown!): http://live.theverge.com/Event/Microsofts_Windows_8_Consumer_Preview_event_at_MWC_2012?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WinRumors+%28WinRumors%29&utm_content=FaceBook