LCD TV or Plasma TV

Ive had a 50 inch Panasonic Viera plasma for about a year now and I would recommend it even over a super slim LED-LCD, love that 600hz picture, little glare, zero chance of burn in, and the best picture quality by far for any TV I have had in the past, that includes a 52 inch Sony Bravia 1080p 120hz TV I had before the Viera

How about OLED :D

Of course they won't be out until later this year and will likely cost a hell of a lot more than you're wanting to pay :p

Sorry to drag this up from the realms of page 3, but I can't see how Plasmas are cheaper? On amazon, they appear to be more expensive, or at least the Samsung ones do.

I think the cons though about not being able to have it on a wall (I'd like that choice) and the worry of burn in (even for a short time) will outweigh the sons of an LED/LCD.

However, there is an LG 50PZ250T which is coming in nicely at ?640. Although I wanted Samsung really. But by the time I am ready to purchase a TV, then Samsung may have brought out a new range for me to look at anyway!

Sorry to drag this up from the realms of page 3, but I can't see how Plasmas are cheaper? On amazon, they appear to be more expensive, or at least the Samsung ones do.

I think the cons though about not being able to have it on a wall (I'd like that choice) and the worry of burn in (even for a short time) will outweigh the sons of an LED/LCD.

However, there is an LG 50PZ250T which is coming in nicely at ?640. Although I wanted Samsung really. But by the time I am ready to purchase a TV, then Samsung may have brought out a new range for me to look at anyway!

Why can't you have a plasma on a wall ? yoru walls made of cardboard or something ? and Stop with the "worrying baout burn in" nonsense already. seriously.

There' are cheaper LCD's yes, but then there's also cheaper Plasmas which are even cheaper. the thing is, Plasma's are far cheaper for quality. for what you pay for a crap C3 model panasonic Plasma (they're on sale on my store for 4000NOK right now), well we don't have anythign to match, and other cheaper chains have them even lower. byt the closest you can get form qhat we have is a crap Samsung 4 series 4 inch... and anythign below 5 series on Samsung is crap. the 4 isn't terrible but it's still bad, the 3 series we can't even get anymore that might be bale to match the plasma for price is just plain horrible.

now lets get up to the decent G or GT 30 series which is what I call the low end plasma (I think the C3E is somethign that should be ignore as existing and is only made to sell as an upsale model, and to throw away at customer, no surface coatign , cheaper drivers, no adjustments at ALL, and HD ready for a 42 inch.. ugh, still image quality compared to a 5 series Samsung that's twice the price though...), these are more expensive yes, and there are cheaper LCD's. BUT the Samsung 6 series is more expensive, and doesn't even come CLOSE in PQ. heck it still beats the 7 and 8 series easily. for half the price. THAT's why they're cheaper.