Windows Phone 7: Another holiday season lost

Funny because Win Phone 7 has sold more than Android did in it's 1st full year.

Looking at Europe, the Nokia Lumia 800 is flying off the shelves.

Long story short, Your a Troll and you are an epic failure.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Aww, someone had his feelings hurt. I'm sure if you're right the global market share numbers will reflect that when we see the 2011 Q4 numbers next month. Hang in there buddy.

Aww, someone had his feelings hurt. I'm sure if you're right the global market share numbers will reflect that when we see the 2011 Q4 numbers next month. Hang in there buddy.

Jesus! Quit being such a arrogant jackass. You turned a discussion into a one man ****ing contest.

Grow up already.

• Like 1

Funny because Win Phone 7 has sold more than Android did in it's 1st full year.

Looking at Europe, the Nokia Lumia 800 is flying off the shelves.

Long story short, Your a Troll and you are an epic failure.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Your proof?

That's true. But we all know that Android Tablets are not selling in large volumes like the iPad. Android forks such as the Kindle Fire and Nook (Touch, Color and Tablet) are not counted as part of the Android Activation. Those Android forks are selling quite well too because of price. At least for Android, those numbers will mostly be just phones.

Hm.. yeah I don't think so.. Kindle Fire is the hottest product this holiday season. And Android tablets have been selling really good. ASUS Transformer Prime is sold out everywhere and they can't make enough of them, Nook and Kindle Fire have sold in millions.

The Kindle Fire only went on sale thirteen weeks ago. But According to Amazon, it's been the "number one best selling, most gifted and most wished for product" on its website.
If you're a late holiday shopper and are still wondering what to get friends and family members for Christmas or Hanukah this year, take a cue from what key online retailers Wal-Mart, Amazon and iTunes are selling most of this season. By analyzing purchase receipts received by email, eDataSource(http://www.edatasource.com) estimates show that while many of the year's hottest gifts are predictable, falling in the electronics, toys, books and video game categories, there are some that err on the more practical side.

The hottest gifts for Holiday 2011, according to eDataSource analysis of online purchase confirmations from Wal-Mart and Amazon, are:

• Kindle Fire
  • The Help (movie, book and ebook)
  • Steve Jobs (book and ebook)
  • 2 Meter HDMI Cables
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • Universal TouchScreen Stylus pens
  • Kindle Touch 6"
  • Wal-Mart Gift Cards
  • iPod Touch
  • Compaq Black 15.6" Presario
  • Sceptre 32" Class LCD HDTV
  • Easy Bake Oven
  • VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker
  • Crayola Double Easel
  • 3-in-1 Stick Vac Lightweight Vacuum in Pink
  • Just Dance 3

Kindle Fire set a record sales of all time this holiday season selling 1 million units every week. You will note that iPad is not on that list.

Kindle Fire set a record sales of all time this holiday season selling 1 million units every week. You will note that iPad is not on that list.
AFAIK, amazon combined all kindles together.

Hm.. yeah I don't think so.. Kindle Fire is the hottest product this holiday season. And Android tablets have been selling really good. ASUS Transformer Prime is sold out everywhere and they can't make enough of them, Nook and Kindle Fire have sold in millions.

Kindle Fire is an Android fork and doesn't count on activation. Thanks for paying quoting me and NOT PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO THE MEANING of what I said :-/

Let me clarify for people like you that don't understand.

You have Android Phones - They count on Activation

You have Android Tablets - They count on Activation

You have Android Forks such as a Kindle or Nook - THEY DON'T COUNT ON ACTIVATION NUMBERS FOR ANDROID AT ALL!!!

Jesus! Quit being such a arrogant jackass. You turned a discussion into a one man ****ing contest.

Grow up already.

If you don't like it leave. You're a big boy. Nobody forces you to stay here.

i have 2 apps downloaded on my phone. I use it as a phone. i bought it to talk to people.

The you'd better get a Nokia feature phone instead of a smart phone. Or some lower end S60 phones which could be much cheaper, more sturdy, and longer battery life.

I wonder what the sales numbers will be.

I was in Paris last week, and Orange has Omnia W ads everywhere. Most underground stations have at least one huge Omnia W ad, plus the ones in the street.

I've started to see more WP related ads on TV here (from Vodafone who has 3 WP devices for sale now, the titan, radar and omnia w), they're also going to get the Lumia 800 soon.

I was also seeing a good chunk of HTC Radar ads which is the first new devices that showed up for sale here as well in November.

I saw nothing like this last time, maybe a few ads a year ago for the Optimus 7 (which is what I have) but that's it. So already I've noticed more advertising this time around.

During this holiday season, what made a name for itself (or contnued to do so) is iPad, iPhone, Android Phones, Kindle Fire (Android Fork), Nook Tablet/Color (Android Fork). No where did I hear people mention Windows Phone.

Though the Lumia certainly has made a very public name of itself in the UK,

• Like 1

Though the Lumia certainly has made a very public name of itself in the UK,

I don't doubt reginola it made a name somewhere. But worldwide is a completely different story.

I don't doubt reginola it made a name somewhere. But worldwide is a completely different story.

Well obviously not in the US, but everywhere the Lumia is out, it seems to have very good recognition.

• Like 1

The opening volley of ads were all based around the idea that Windows Phone was easy to use. ?Get in, get out, get on with life,? was the tagline. It?s a nice idea, but it completely misses the psychology of the average smartphone user.

People really don?t like to be told something it too complicated for them, even if it is. The implicit tone of Microsoft?s original ads might as well have been, ?Here?s a phone that?s easy enough for you to use, dummy.? The ads completely ignore the fact that smartphone users often have their noses buried in a screen because they like using the device, not because they have no choice.

Somehow exactly this approach has worked for Apple for almost 2 decades now?

Apple has always been simplifying their products, yet nobody complained that it makes them feel dumb?

Well obviously not in the US, but everywhere the Lumia is out, it seems to have very good recognition.

Source?

Google's running scared, starting to wonder...

can they survive Rolling Thunder

Of course they can. Whatever happens in the high end at the moment, they practically own the low end smartphone market. There's no one else really even competing there. And even then, do you honestly expect a couple of Nokia phones to take down Android's entire high end mobile line up? :p

Of course they can. Whatever happens in the high end at the moment, they practically own the low end market. And even then, do you honestly expect a couple of Nokia phones to take down Android's entire high end mobile line up? :p

No, I expect malware to do that. It's already doing a good job to begin with.

*facepalm*

...That awkward moment you realise Android's market share is 25x bigger than Windows Phone's.

Yeh your right a few dozen rogue apps will make android implode, oh wait it hasn't xD

*facepalm*

...That awkward moment you realise Android's market share is 25x bigger than Windows Phone's.

So why are you Google zealots so nervous about WP7 that you try to point out every little thing you can about it? I don't see the iPhone crowd running around complaining about WP7 all the time. Could it be that maybe they're a little more confident in their product? Android is just a big mess. Misery loves company.

So why are you Google zealots so nervous about WP7 that you try to point out every little thing you can about it? I don't see the iPhone crowd running around complaining about WP7 all the time. Could it be that maybe they're a little more confident in their product? Android is just a big mess. Misery loves company.

If your calling me a fanboy I'm probably the worst one ever considering I own an iPad and have owned an iPhone is the past. And we respond to your comments because we can't just let utter garbage be unchallenged.

Funny. I LOL'd it. But seriously, what do you really think?

You are so right. Look what happend to Windows Desktop. Oh wait, never mind.

No, That crowd just never heard of WP7. :D

What I dont get is why some people have this pathological need to show public disdain for the Windows Phone platform. I mean, I have a Windows Phone now, but came from Android, and my wife has an Iphone 3gs, and an 4s in the mail for a holiday gift i got for her.

I personally dont like the Iphone, and my experience with Android wasnt all that great... but whatever. To each their own. I dont have to go fighting for one or the other, as really, what has Microsoft, Apple, or Google really done for me? Do they pay my house, car or taxes? I dont think so.

So i support with my hard earned money one, maybe two platforms (wifes), but i dont wish ill on the other platforms. Variety is good for business, and consumers. And every time i see some Windows Phone bashing, its really starting to get old and annoying.

So you personally dont like the platform, or hardware, big deal. But youve personally benefitted form it. You see, healthy commerce brings innovation. IOS influenced Android, Windows Phone influenced Android, then Android influenced IOS, etc. What this means is that we as consumers get to benefit from a pool of great ideas, no matter which platform we choose (for whatever reason). And thats cool.

In conclusion, dont feed the trolls, resist the flame baits... and all that jazz.

P.D.

I wish all you people a happy, prosperous new year. Regardless which phone platform you have. Peace!

Mr.Ed

That's stupid. Windows Phone has made a name everywhere as the most beautiful, elegant and innovative smartphone OS in the world.

Then why aren't people buying it. The sales figures belie your claims.

Would love to see Nokia open up to other operating systems.

This ^

If Nokia made Meego/Android phones, it might survive. At the current rate, once Microsoft stops proping up Nokia with cash, it'll go bankrupt. A single OS strategy was a monumentous mistake for Nokia.