F1 World Championship 2012 Thread

simonlang

no matter if dry or wet, the ferrari is BY FAR the fastest car. i told you this since a few races. despite vettel being the best driver and outdriving his car race after race, he also cant escape the bad-luck he usually suffers. (this guy never won a race in july... fact).

the only chance for a good race and good championship would be alonso stalling it at the start (unlikely), a overconfident schumacher crashing into alonso (unlikely), a semi-dry track where you need intermediates (suits mclaren), or the two best drivers vettel and hamilton pulling out some wonderlaps again.

i am not very optimistic. this year everything works for alonso, its a shame, because i dont think he is such a good driver. actually i think he is one of the most overrated drivers ever.

TheLegendOfMart

Haha the Red Bulls are being investigated over alleged illegal engine mapping which could send them to the back of the grid.

post-1442-0-52169400-1342948656.jpg

Technical Directive TD 036-11 is apparently related to the off throttle blown diffuser ban.

MightyJordan
"I'm not aware of any irregularities. The result was declared after qualifying."

Hmm, I'm expecting a guilty verdict.

Meanwhile...

Sergio Perez handed penalty for impeding during qualifying for the German Grand Prix

Sauber's Sergio Perez will be demoted five places on the German Grand Prix after stewards ruled that he had impeded other cars in qualifying.

The Mexican had qualified 12th, but was found guilty of blocking both Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso in Q2.

A statement from the stewards said the penalty was "imposed due to the driver being involved in two similar offences in the same session."

Perez is the fourth driver to be given a grid penalty for the Hockenheim race. Mark Webber, Romain Grosjean and Nico Rosberg are already facing five-place drops for unscheduled gearbox changes on their cars.

simonlang

redbull being investigated now totally stinks for me. hell, they should just let alonso race alone and stop all his opponents from racing. its ridiculous.

TheLegendOfMart

You are talking like its some conspiracy, Red Bull are flouting the off throttle blown diffuser ban and they should be rightly punished. You wouldn't be moaning if it was Alonso that was being investigated.

Team representatives have to attend a meeting at 11.00 to explain, I hope they get sent to the back, bumps the McLarens up a bit and their cars were quick on Friday when it was dry.

simonlang

You are talking like its some conspiracy, Red Bull are flouting the off throttle blown diffuser ban and they should be rightly punished. You wouldn't be moaning if it was Alonso that was being investigated.

Team representatives have to attend a meeting at 11.00 to explain, I hope they get sent to the back, bumps the McLarens up a bit and their cars were quick on Friday when it was dry.

because i think the latest incidents perfectly hint to a conspiracy. so far we ve got nothing but an investigation. alex wurz thinks nothing will come out of this and i agree. probably it was ferrari just to disrupt redbull team.

i so hope for an alonso dnf today, would be justice done!

TheLegendOfMart

Um, Ferrari didn't do anything, it was an FIA Technical Delegate inspecting the cars like they do before and after every race.

+Frank B.

mclaren2: Is it really so hard for you to swallow that Fernando Alonso is a good racing driver who achieved much more with a sub-optimal car (face it, the 2012 still is far away from being the best car on the grid) whereas his team mate is mediocre at best?

There is no pro-Ferrari conspiracy here. RBR were caught exploiting the regulations, and deserve to be punished if found to be guilty.

• Like 1
simonlang

nope. there is no doubt that since hockenheim 2010 massa is not the same anymore. but no one would! however the fact is, ferrari has now the best, fastest and most reliable car. the numbers just dont lie. its not because of alonso that ferrari is in front now, but despite alonso! with a sub-optimal car alonso had in 2008 and 2009 we could see he could achieve nothing, except a crash-gate helped win.

+Frank B.

No further action will be taken against Red Bull.

TheLegendOfMart

No surprises there then, disgusting.

The stewards disagree with Red Bulls explanation but they found that the wording of the technical directive isnt clear enough to rule that Red Bull throttle map was illegal so therefore rule that it is legal.

simonlang

No further action will be taken against Red Bull.

that was the most sensible thing to do! now i really hope for a vettel win!

+Frank B.
f1raceger.png
MightyJordan

Vettel's almost certainly gonna get a penalty for that overtake on Button. Fingers crossed it's not a penalty for the next race.

He's Dead Jim

Oh Sebby... :)

Eddo89

Is not as though Button had actually gave him room, it will be very touch and go if Seb can physically have a wheel on the racing lines.

But the sticking point will be Seb not being ahead when he ran out, and it took him a little distance before clearing Button. I personally found the overzealous policing of the white lines a bit annoying but to the letter of the rules, I won't be surprised if there is a penalty.

theyarecomingforyou

Is not as though Button had actually gave him room, it will be very touch and go if Seb can physically have a wheel on the racing lines.

But the sticking point will be Seb not being ahead when he ran out, and it took him a little distance before clearing Button. I personally found the overzealous policing of the white lines a bit annoying but to the letter of the rules, I won't be surprised if there is a penalty.

You can't have drivers deliberately taking corners late and then driving off the track to gain advantage. He gained an advantage by going off the track and should therefore be penalised.

Noir Angel

If Vettel doesn't get penalised for that I will have serious questions about the impartiality of the FIA and the stewards. He clearly completed the overtake by going off the track. Also disappointing that the FIA are again so reluctant to clamp down on Red Bull's cheating, now it just means more cost for other teams to develop the same concept which will then get outlawed at the end of the season anyway.

TheLegendOfMart

AyayYg3CEAAPyQr.jpg:large

Haha! Vettel drops to 5th, Button up to 2nd.

• Like 1
MightyJordan

OrsonWellesClap.gif

Thank you FIA for actually doing the right thing for once.

• Like 1
Noir Angel

An entirely correct decision in my opinion. Good on the stewards.

+Frank B.

The penalty for Vettel pleases me greatly. I'm not a fan of his at all.

Man of the race today: Fernando Alonso.

Reject of the race: Felipe Massa

• Like 1
123456789A

Alonso did an outstanding job of staying in front of the faster Red Bull and McLaren today. A well deserved victory, whether you like him or not.

Intersect

stick them all in 250cc Karts that have no room for all this extra gadgetry and then see who the best driver is.

123456789A

stick them all in 250cc Karts that have no room for all this extra gadgetry and then see who the best driver is.

Narain Kartin' Keyan