Playstation Vita Thread

Are you using the thumbs for control or the D-Pad as i found it a little annoying on the thumbs (unless its the underwater sections) so use the d-pad a lot. The controls are not bad and feel pretty ok.

Currently the only controls which are bugging me are the ones for escape plan, i swear sometimes i swipe and they ignore it, a couple of levels really want to make you chuck the Vita at a wall.

I used the analogue, maybe I'll try to d-pad tonight

So while I am enjoying Uncharted, are there any more recommendations?

Perhaps Rayman Origins or something?

If you like platformers then Rayman is a must play IMO.

Wipeout is a great game and looks fantastic visually.

Super Stardust and Escape Plan are the 2 PSN games getting the most praise/recognition.

They also have demos available for most of the games as well, so I would recommend trying them out.

Cool, thanks

Yeah, I just realized the demo thing. :s

Rayman looks like a thing to go for.

Also, Wipeout looks interesting.

I'll check out both of them for sure (Y)

Working out last night I currently have 2 Nintendo DS (1 Original/1 Lite) and a PSP, also went through my PS3 game collection and found about 28 games I could happily trade in. May be taking a trip to the shopping centre at the weekend to see what deals are on. :)

Got copies of Uncharted and Rayman coming soon. I was apprehensive about UGA because of the touch controls and negative reviews about the beginning of the game, but everyone seems to be saying that it's a great game from the midpoint on. So as an Uncharted fan, I can't pass it up.

I'll also be picking up MLB 12 The Show next week. For anyone in the US who wants it, there's a deal where if you get the PS3 version, you can get the Vita version for half off, so that's $80 for both versions. I'm just excited to be able to take my RttS player on the go. Maybe I'll actually last a 162 game season this time around. :laugh:

Another vote for Rayman, excellent game, really beautiful in both graphics and game play.

I would put in a vote for Escape plan if you into puzzles, can be annoying at times but overall worth ?10 from the store.

I would recommend going through the demo's on the store, they are quite good in size/time and give a good feel for how the game plays.

On another note i see Penny Arcade have an inventive way to play little deviants.

http://penny-arcade....omic/2012/02/27 :laugh:

I used the analogue, maybe I'll try to d-pad tonight

yeah i would really recommend it, made the jumping and general platforming a lot sharper and also doesn't do your thumb in like the thumb stick can do after a while.

I bought Wipeout 2048 yeaterday and all I can say is WOW!

To me, the visuals are just jawdropping for a mobile console. I haven't played it online yet because I suck at it but the wider tracks certainly help, especially coming from the PSP versions or even older versions like Wipeout 64.

I think that both Uncharted and Wipeout are the most impressive titles on the PS Vita atm. If this is an indicator of what the console is capable of now, what about in 2-3 years time?

Another vote for Rayman, excellent game, really beautiful in both graphics and game play.

On another note i see Penny Arcade have an inventive way to play little deviants.

http://penny-arcade....omic/2012/02/27 :laugh:

yeah i would really recommend it, made the jumping and general platforming a lot sharper and also doesn't do your thumb in like the thumb stick can do after a while.

Hilarious Comic. (Y)

And I tried the D pad just before on Rayman, and I truly usually do prefer using it on games that require precision, but I really feel the analog stick feels better and allows for just as much precision. Just goes to show everyone has their own preferences with things.

I bought Wipeout 2048 yeaterday and all I can say is WOW!

To me, the visuals are just jawdropping for a mobile console. I haven't played it online yet because I suck at it but the wider tracks certainly help, especially coming from the PSP versions or even older versions like Wipeout 64.

I think that both Uncharted and Wipeout are the most impressive titles on the PS Vita atm. If this is an indicator of what the console is capable of now, what about in 2-3 years time?

Absolutely. (Y) Wipeout really is amazing all around. I have to say, and this is all my opinion after playing it, I truly cannot believe that people were making the 30 frames per second out to be an issue. Some of the comments and articles I read on various gaming websites were just silly. Like the game was unplayable because it runs at 30fps. I really truly believe those that did make a big deal out of it were either nothing but Sony haters, or they literally did not actually play it. It truly is a non-issue.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So a quick little Blip article on Kotaku says something real interesting, and I am very much looking forward to a random day like March 9th now. (Y)

Sony?s Going to Reveal The Next Wave of Vita Games on March 9th

So, if you've been lucky enough to snag a Vita since Sony's latest handheld made its debut, you're probably enjoying its standout titles. Sony wants you to know that there's more on the way. According to Andriasang, the PlayStation company will be announcing updates on games and services in an upcoming webcast.

From Source Article Kotaku Links To...

Sony is promising information on unannounced PlayStation Vita titles during a web broadcast that it will hold on March 9. The broadcast is titled "Welcome! PlayStation Vita Game Heaven."

According to Sony's announcement, the broadcast will include information about unannounced Vita titles, upcoming releases, and Vita services, as well as new information about in-release titles. The broadcast will feature presentations from game creators themselves.

Awesome News. (Y)

Finally, I got my PDP Crystal Case from Amazon today.

41uOHvCd9ML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

41Xt1Wry%2B6L._AA300_.jpg

Thanks to AB for sharing it with us all initially. It is seriously a brilliant case. Incredibly sturdy, but awesome rubber inside that holds 8 games and 2 memory cards perfectly. Seriously if anyone is considering a case and have not yet made a decision, it is truly perfect and I cannot say enough about how good it truly is. I wholeheartedly recommend this case to anyone and everyone who is looking for a case to protect their system that also is amazingly practical. I really wish I never wound up purchasing the starter kit, as this case which is literally half the price renders it pretty much pointless. At least I got a 4GB card with the starter kit, that is gonna be my music/photo card.

• Like 1

In the wake of the announcement what do you guys want to be announced or released this year for Vita?

Tiger Woods

Gran Turismo

Grand Theft Auto

Splinter Cell

I just picked up a WiFi Vita and Uncharted, however in my foolish attempts to escape from the busy Asda store I forgot a memory card! Back out in the rain for me...

Edit: This is the one time an up-sell would have been welcomed!

A thanks to AB, i don't know if it was automatic or if you sent it over but received some goods for hustle kings and it seemed to have kick started my near, just found a load of people nearby all playing the Vita.

Done a trade in today, some old games and picked up uncharted. Ive been in two minds as the demo left me 50/50, the escape the building was good but the sniper level was a little annoying, however i wanted something a little more 'meaty' to get into for the commute.

16GB Memory cards are thin on the ground in the high street shops, Argos, Game etc. all sold out, they only do 8GB's and 4GB's at the moment.

A thanks to AB, i don't know if it was automatic or if you sent it over but received some goods for hustle kings and it seemed to have kick started my near, just found a load of people nearby all playing the Vita.

Done a trade in today, some old games and picked up uncharted. Ive been in two minds as the demo left me 50/50, the escape the building was good but the sniper level was a little annoying, however i wanted something a little more 'meaty' to get into for the commute.

16GB Memory cards are thin on the ground in the high street shops, Argos, Game etc. all sold out, they only do 8GB's and 4GB's at the moment.

Don't let the Uncharted demo fool you, the full game is very impressive. It's quite a big game as well with 30 chapters.

In the wake of the announcement what do you guys want to be announced or released this year for Vita?

Tiger Woods

Gran Turismo

Grand Theft Auto

Splinter Cell

All of the above pretty much, although out of that list, GT and GTA would be the games I really, really want. I think GT is probably a given, and I hope GTA is as well.

I am picking up Wipeout 2048 and Rayman tonight :woot:

Nice, let us know what you think.

I will say this with Rayman, I was renting it through the Gamefly service we have here in the states. I enjoy it so much I decided to Keep It Now, which cost me $18 thanks to credit I had and their discount that is already applied to games.

Absolutely. (Y) Wipeout really is amazing all around. I have to say, and this is all my opinion after playing it, I truly cannot believe that people were making the 30 frames per second out to be an issue. Some of the comments and articles I read on various gaming websites were just silly. Like the game was unplayable because it runs at 30fps. I really truly believe those that did make a big deal out of it were either nothing but Sony haters, or they literally did not actually play it. It truly is a non-issue.

Agreed 100%. The Giant Bomb review was making such a huge deal about how the game "lacked a sense of speed", but as a huge Wipeout fan, it feels perfectly fast to me. Maybe a difference would be more noticeable if you played Wipeout HD and 2048 side-by-side, but to imply that the game is severely compromised because of its framerate is a ridiculous argument unless you're really that fussy (which some people are, to be fair).

Tiger Woods

Gran Turismo

Grand Theft Auto

Splinter Cell

Don't care about Tiger Woods or Grand Theft Auto (shock! horror!), but I would love to see a Gran Turismo or Splinter Cell game. More than anything, though, I would love to see some of the smaller PSN games like PixelJunk Shooter or Joe Danger make their way to the Vita. Games like those seem like a great fit. Too bad Bizarre is no longer in existence, because Geometry Wars would be pretty cool with the twin sticks as well.

Edit: Oh, and more JRPGs. Good ones, that is :).

Don't let the Uncharted demo fool you, the full game is very impressive. It's quite a big game as well with 30 chapters.

thats good to hear, i just hope theres not too many fiddly areas, i don't mind challenging, just don't like having to perfecting swipe or move the analogue sticks.

Games i would love to see

Flower

GTA

GT5

Portal2 (especially co-op)

Call of Duty (i know, but i love the yearly releases)

LBP (which is pretty much a certain)

I am picking up Wipeout 2048 and Rayman tonight :woot:

Nice, let us know what you think.

I will say this with Rayman, I was renting it through the Gamefly service we have here in the states. I enjoy it so much I decided to Keep It Now, which cost me $18 thanks to credit I had and their discount that is already applied to games.

Agreed, good choice Rayman is an excellent title.

Not sure on wipeout, only played the demo and didn't really get into it.

I'm really loving Uncharted. I'm in Chapter 23. Loving the way it uses the Vita features. Got problems with the aiming at first but now I'm loving it.

Sony showing new PS Vita games next week - Report

Company's Web broadcast on March 9 will take wraps off new games for portable; info about upcoming titles and services also promised.

Gamers are only a week away from learning about new PlayStation Vita games. Sony will hold a Web broadcast next Friday, where it will reveal new titles for the portable, according to an Andriasang report.

The event--titled "PlayStation Vita Game Heaven"--will be held next Friday, March 9, at 8 p.m. JST, or 3 a.m. PST, and can be streamed from Sony's official site. According to Sony's announcement of the event (translated by Andriasang) the broadcast will offer information concerning unannounced PS Vita games, upcoming titles, and PS Vita services.

On top of that, Sony said game creators will be on hand during the broadcast.

No specific titles were mentioned, but earlier this week Sony said it had 70 PS Vita games in the development pipeline. The PS Vita was released in Japan on December 18, with a subsequent arrival in North America on February 22. The system sold 1.2 million units worldwide as of February 26.

GameSpot

I'm really loving Uncharted. I'm in Chapter 23. Loving the way it uses the Vita features. Got problems with the aiming at first but now I'm loving it.

I haven't bought a Vita YET but when I do it will be to play Uncharted. Such an awesome game.

Still waiting for my refund. Purchased it on launch day but Sony had messed up and uploaded a broken version, been trying to download it ever since but get an error trying to install it, phoned Sony up and they said they have escalated my problem but its been over a week and Im still waiting.

I finished Uncharted on the normal mode. Just started on the Hard mode.

Same here. Started Hard and trying to find all the treasures but I'm still missing some. I'll need a guide.