Playstation Vita Thread

Not really. Its had a very lukewarm reception much like the PSP did and other than one or two games there is nothing announced longterm for it.

I'll pick one up when they are dirt cheap next year when its actually got some games I want to play.

i was interested in the 3rd birthday last year but never bought it. i read the IGN review and they said it was pretty brutal. There's certain enemies that will kill you instantly if you dont mash the correct buttons. still, the game looks sweet, but i'll probably never bother playing it.

as for my Vita - i finished Uncharted last week, so i havent played anything else on it since. I'm playing ME3 now on PC so that's consuming my free time. I wont get back into Vita until a flight next month - i'll have time on the plane to play Escape Plan.

Yeah I think since I still have so much to play, going to hold off on 3rd Birthday and see if it ever somehow drops in price. If so, then I will grab it, as it does get good reviews overall.

I'm over it. I have it up for sale, I only really got it for Uncharted.

Not really. Its had a very lukewarm reception much like the PSP did and other than one or two games there is nothing announced longterm for it.

I'll pick one up when they are dirt cheap next year when its actually got some games I want to play.

Yeah, i saw you had it for sale on Neobay. Hope Uncharted was worth it from your perspective.

The Vita has actually taken most of my gaming time. I find that the only console games I've been playing are Madden and NCAA, only because I'm in leagues for those games. Other than that, I've been doing a lot of Vita gaming while my wife watches TV and while I sit on the toilet lol. I do one level at a time in Rayman, then jump into Motorstorm RC mostly. Got Unit 13 coming in from Gamefly today as well.

Right now, I'm looking forward to playing Mortal Kombat, Resistance, Sound Shapes and Gravity Rush. I do hope more games are announced for this year though.

Yeah, i saw you had it for sale on Neobay. Hope Uncharted was worth it from your perspective.

More than worth it, I'm sad enough to buy anything for Uncharted, it's as if the franchise was created especially for me.

I find myself playing more on my PS3 than the Vita though and I kind of need the cash so one has to go.

What are people feeling about their Vitas then after the "hooneymoon period"?

I really like it. I think that there needs to be more games for it but hopefully that will be resolved when the Playstation Suite SDK Open Beta is released in april for $99 per year. I do play Unit 13 and Everybody's Golf a lot and I am looking forward to Resistance: Burning Sky's.

On the apps front, the only thing I am missing is a YouTube app, I have been using LiveTweet and Music Unlimited a lot and both are very nice apps. :)

finally checked one out at Target over the weekend. Was playing the demo of Virtual Tennis or something similar, was very impressed with it - I am doubtul ill ever make the jump to it, my short casual gaming on my ipad seems to keep me satisfied.

finally checked one out at Target over the weekend. Was playing the demo of Virtual Tennis or something similar, was very impressed with it - I am doubtul ill ever make the jump to it, my short casual gaming on my ipad seems to keep me satisfied.

When it comes down in price, I highly recommend it man, and you will even have plenty of games to borrow.

On a side note, Canabalt is not showing up for me under the Minis whatsoever. Do I have the dates wrong or something?

Looks like it's only been released in the EU so far Larry, only thing I could find was mentioning that a US release would follow in the weeks following the EU. Not sure I'll pick it up myself, as it's one of the few games I actually will play on my iPod touch and not sure it's worth picking up on both.

Sadly I think the Vita is doomed to follow the abysmal Go, the releases thus far are MEH!!! at best, with nothing good coming out for the foreseeable future. I just wasted ?300 on a dead donkey :(

They keep screwing the UK/EU market and expect us to just fall into line and wait for releases. If there was anywhere left in the UK I could trade this lemon in, I would do it today/tomorrow, sadly with Game/Gamestation going there is nowhere else to trade this in :(

Sadly I think the Vita is doomed to follow the abysmal Go, the releases thus far are MEH!!! at best, with nothing good coming out for the foreseeable future. I just wasted ?300 on a dead donkey :(

They keep screwing the UK/EU market and expect us to just fall into line and wait for releases. If there was anywhere left in the UK I could trade this lemon in, I would do it today/tomorrow, sadly with Game/Gamestation going there is nowhere else to trade this in :(

Not to offend you or anything but did you not look at the release schedule? It's been a month since release, everyone pretty much knew what was coming out in the first few months in January. Next big releases are April/May/June with Mortal Kombat, Gravity Rush and Resistance Burning Skies, MLB came out in America but we never get it here in the EU.

List of games here with dates - http://en.wikipedia....tion_Vita_games

FYI PSP games look fantastic on the Vita thanks to the screen, and dual analogue (some games benefit greatly from this). There are a lot of good PSP games, check them out if you care.

However sounds like you purchased without doing research which is never a good move if you value your money!

So far the release schedule has been better than the 3DS, i got the 3DS at christmas and am still waiting for some more games, im not a fan of Metal Gear or resident evil so ive only got Kid icurus lined up til summer, The vita on the other hand i thought had a much stronger launch line up with a good variety of games.

As for general use, i generally go through game playing as a whole slumps and starts and at the moment i haven't felt like playing anything, however i still dip into blob and a few others. I don't believe the Vita is going to go the same way as the PSP as there are a lot more options for games through the market and high street. Overall im still happy to have got one at launch as it's a great, well built gaming device.

guys, short question.. what games do you recommand for the ps vita? i plan it to gift someone the ps vita and 1, maybe 2 games for it. he is not into soccer or racing so count out f1 2011 and fifa kinds... i thought modnation racers: road trip would be a save bet, any other ideas or suggestions?

guys, short question.. what games do you recommand for the ps vita? i plan it to gift someone the ps vita and 1, maybe 2 games for it. he is not into soccer or racing so count out f1 2011 and fifa kinds... i thought modnation racers: road trip would be a save bet, any other ideas or suggestions?

I do not recommend ModNation Racers, it is pretty meh.

Personally I think Rayman Origins is a great game for it.

Then maybe Uncharted or Wipeout. Or get them a PSN gift card so they can pick up a few games off the PSN, such as Escape Plan and Super Stardust.

Then maybe Uncharted or Wipeout. Or get them a PSN gift card so they can pick up a few games off the PSN, such as Escape Plan and Super Stardust.

Agreed. Can't really go wrong with Rayman, Uncharted or Wipeout.

So finally got around to finishing off Uncharted on the weekend. While I started to enjoy it a bit more than earlier on, some of the touch stuff still bothers me and can be really clunky at times. The whole having to swipe to finish guys off for combo moves in melee is just so stupid. I normally don't mind using a bit of melee here and there but I almost found myself trying to avoid it so I wouldn't have to worry about swiping (thankfully stealth kills were still just one button press). Will probably end up playing the game through sometime down the road.

Started my first daily tournament in HSG a little while ago and enjoyed that. Going to play through a few more challenges here as I see this being the game I'll be playing for the next little while. Forgot how much fun HSG can be, and definitely can see it being a game I play on the Vita more than the PS3.

Other than that I'm starting to look forward to the Resistance game that's coming. Likely going to take a break for Uncharted and SSD for a little bit so would be nice to have another game to throw into the rotation. Kind of would like to see them do LBP Karting on the Vita if the PS3 version turns out to be what MNR should've been the whole time. Then they may actually have a real winner (so long as they include online multiplayer).

Got a question. I've been thinking of trading in my HP TouchPad to CeX and getting a PS Vita. They'll give me ?140 for the TouchPad and ?6 for the case; a boxed PS Vita is being sold for ?195 there, so I'd be paying ?49 then to get it. Anyone here think it's worth it? I have had a couple of grievances with it from the times I played it in GAME, mainly the small size of the analog sticks and the face buttons, but maybe I can put up with it.

Got a question. I've been thinking of trading in my HP TouchPad to CeX and getting a PS Vita. They'll give me ?140 for the TouchPad and ?6 for the case; a boxed PS Vita is being sold for ?195 there, so I'd be paying ?49 then to get it. Anyone here think it's worth it? I have had a couple of grievances with it from the times I played it in GAME, mainly the small size of the analog sticks and the face buttons, but maybe I can put up with it.

I had the same concern about the small thumb sticks however in practice they work well. I don't know if it was because the Vita was in an anti-thieft cage that made it so hard to handle.

I would recommend a Vita if your looking for true portable gaming, it's an excellent machine.

Sadly I found the smallish sticks to be a hindrance, mainly due to my disability of limited movement and arthritis in my joints/hands etc. My brother who doesnt have this affliction thinks they are fine, so I assume that for a person with no ailments will find the controls and placement etc perfectly adequate.

My only gripe thus far is the severe lack of games in the UK compared to the US/Asia market, even demos far outweigh what is available here in the uk :( And the prices seem to be ?10 cheaper if you buy online than instore, whilst not a bad thing, the ludicrous prices for memory sticks really puts you off :( if they had stuck with generic SD cards instead of there own proprietary brands maybe it would have seemed fairer?

Just my opinion, don't crucify for for having one :)

psn gift cards sound like a good idea. is it possible to download all games via the store? or is there some limit?

Sadly I found the smallish sticks to be a hindrance, mainly due to my disability of limited movement and arthritis in my joints/hands etc. My brother who doesnt have this affliction thinks they are fine, so I assume that for a person with no ailments will find the controls and placement etc perfectly adequate.

My only gripe thus far is the severe lack of games in the UK compared to the US/Asia market, even demos far outweigh what is available here in the uk :( And the prices seem to be ?10 cheaper if you buy online than instore, whilst not a bad thing, the ludicrous prices for memory sticks really puts you off :( if they had stuck with generic SD cards instead of there own proprietary brands maybe it would have seemed fairer?

Just my opinion, don't crucify for for having one :)

I dont think anyone crucified you for sharing this before, but I do think it was fairly pointed out that the launch titles were known for quite some time before the Vita was released, so if nothing on that list appealed to you, it did not make much sense to pick one up just yet. I think that is all that was being pointed out.

As far as the demo situation goes, I think they have an okay selection, but nothing great by any means.

I do hope you eventually wind up enjoying it. No doubt about it. (Y)

psn gift cards sound like a good idea. is it possible to download all games via the store? or is there some limit?

Yep, pretty much all games I think are also available digitally as well (at least the ones I mentioned). Just remember, they would need a memory card to put those games on.

I had the same concern about the small thumb sticks however in practice they work well. I don't know if it was because the Vita was in an anti-thieft cage that made it so hard to handle.

I would recommend a Vita if your looking for true portable gaming, it's an excellent machine.

This on both counts.

I have zero issues with the sticks or the buttons, and I thought I may as I have some pretty big hands myself, and they are just fine.

And I would go as far as saying not only is it an excellent machine, it is the best portable gaming experience currently available. It offers true gaming, not gaming specifically meant for mobile experiences.

I suppose it ultimately comes down to whether or not you want a dedicated portable gaming system, and whether ?195 is an appropriate price to pay for it (assuming that you plan on trading in the TouchPad regardless). I'm quite happy with my Vita personally, but a friend of mine was dissuaded by the fact that the Vita can't really do much else apart from play games. It has a web browser, but it's nothing that you would ever want to use, especially with your phone at your side. It doesn't really have any apps worth speaking about, and it definitely doesn't come close to approaching an iPad or even an Android tablet in terms of functionality. I feel like the Vita is targeting a narrow group of people, but for those of us who fall into that category, it's a fantastic gaming system.

I actually just started playing the Vita again after neglecting it while I was finishing Mass Effect 3. Started playing Lumines last night and remembered how addictive that game can be :). Will probably start Rayman eventually, been itching to play that for a while now.