Office 2003 beta gift

If I had signed up, I would've been happy enough to just test Office 2003 and get all the bugs out of it. I wouldn't really care about any gifts that I would get for doing something that I like to do... :hmmm:

If I had signed up, I would've been happy enough to just test Office 2003 and get all the bugs out of it. I wouldn't really care about any gifts that I would get for doing something that I like to do... :hmmm:

Thats my Opinion!! I had signed up and tested Office 2003. Thats a great thing! But I dont expect anything for something that more fun than work for me....

Thats my Opinion!! I had signed up and tested Office 2003. Thats a great thing! But I dont expect anything for something that more fun than work for me....

Yeh now when the beta expires you can all go back to using Microsoft Works, Office XP, or download OpenOffice 1.1. Or if your rich buy a copy of Office 2003 Pro for $300.00 to $600.00. And help Bill Gates give to charity. ?'ll stick with OpenOffice 1.1. The newest version and FREE. :laugh::

Yes that's true but what I feel most people are upset about is the fact that they too did participate in bug reporting and that Microsoft in no way could ensure that the top 60 testers they had picked were the true top 60, like i said before a person may have only submitted a few bugs but that may have been the most serious. I feel that everyone should recieve the same gift or nothing at all.

Cheers. :D

Just call Microsoft and tell them you're a tester and you haven't gotten your radio yet and that you're P.O.'ed and that if you don't get it soon you'll be filing a complaint with the FCC. (Or some crap like that.) :)

True. But why only 60. Their a multi-million dollar company who can afford to give all people who participated in the beta test a free copy of Office 2003 Pro (Full Version). I just got the cheap radio and sticker and I assure you that they are going back to Redmond on Monday morning along with all the beta test software they sent me from the Office 2003 beta test along with a letter of dissatisfaction. I was even a Technical Beta-Tester who busted his ass testing the product. I heard from a reputible source that even Apple's beta testers always recieve a free copy of the final product of their software from Mac OSX to Final Cut Pro. What makes MS software so damm special. I can't afford $500.00 for Office 2003 Pro. And no I don't have a qualifying product for the upgrade. So I need the Full version product. :yes:

Stop being beta testers if you guys are so dissapointed. If you're in it just for the rewards, then just forget it.

It is only fair that you should recieve the final product you helped out with. Why the hell would you beta test something that you know you could never afford. Hoping that in the end you get rewarded with a copy for busting your but testing the product.

So then why should we even care about beta testing any product from MS. Let them do it in house. They don't care about us. So much for trustworthy computing.

they dont have to care. they dont force you to test them. think about how many people dont get to test them that would love to. If you dont like to gift, deal with it, send it back, throw it away, shot it with your gun, just dont cry about it. they asked if you would like to test, you said yes. if i go test drive a car do i execpt the dealer to give it to me? cut me a deal, helf price? no, why should Microsoft?

they dont have to care. they dont force you to test them. think about how many people dont get to test them that would love to. If you dont like to gift, deal with it, send it back, throw it away, shot it with your gun, just dont cry about it. they asked if you would like to test, you said yes. if i go test drive a car do i execpt the dealer to give it to me? cut me a deal, helf price? no, why should Microsoft?

What like people who go to their launch events and get the full version software for free. Or if MS goes to Comp USA or Best Buy and starts handing out free version to the employee's. Sorry folks I will not get over it. They are just plain cheap!. Maybe I should send them a bill for my services!.

Testing a car is different. Actually it would be like testing a car before it is in production. And that is done by company employed engineers. Who get payed for their services. Were not testing after it is final.

Plus according to the Office 2003 beta test newsgroups that I participated in, the topic of the gift was brought up. We all kept mum. One beta tester of Office XP stated that every beta tester got a copy of Office XP Pro as well as a copy of Frontpage 2002. Everyone was extremely happy with MS. Now look what has happened. Check out MS stock and tell me that they are hurting financially. I'm not going to forget it, because this was the only chance I had of ever getting a copy of a MS office suite. Never could afford one. So I busted my ass, even with a full time job

Plus according to the Office 2003 beta test newsgroups that I participated in, the topic of the gift was brought up. We all kept mum. One beta tester of Office XP stated that every beta tester got a copy of Office XP Pro as well as a copy of Frontpage 2002. Everyone was extremely happy with MS. Now look what has happened. Check out MS stock and tell me that they are hurting financially. I'm not going to forget it, because this was the only chance I had of ever getting a copy of a MS office suite. Never could afford one. So I busted my ass, even with a full time job

gee if you are really so damn despirate for it, you could obtain a not-so-legal version of office