Office 2003 beta gift

Oh flaming hell. Another thread of "All I got for my <poor> efforts as a beta tester is a radio", whinge, whinge .. Moan moan..

I think Microsoft did this on purpose! YES! ON PURPOSE! :|

To get rid of all the "beta testers", and I use that term loosely; that "participate" <cough> poorly <cough> just to get free software..

Well hasta la vista whingers and moaners. :devil:

gee if you are really so damn despirate for it, you could obtain a not-so-legal version of office

Some people actually have some sort of moral on piracy...unlike many others. I'm still using Office 97 that I bought and Word 2002 that came with my new computer...

60 were chosen from the Beta 2 intake! Ok?

Beta testers that were in the beta since Beta 1 and stuck their fingers out of their behinds and actually did something, got what they deserved.

Anyway, if you can't afford Office XP or 2003, just use OpenOffice. It's still good.

Really, I think maybe that radio was a beta test for their new line of portable radios! Like they don't just cost 10 bucks for a decent one anyways...who'd wanna spend the 100 bucks it'd take to buy that piece of crap?

creamhackered - I'm not sure how much more of this whinge / moan / moan / whinge etc.. I can take.. :laugh:

Time to ignore this thread I think, and let "them" cry. :|

creamhackered - I'm not sure how much more of this whinge / moan / moan / whinge etc.. I can take.. :laugh:

Time to ignore this thread I think, and let "them" cry. :|

bro, i tend to agree with you

Plus according to the Office 2003 beta test newsgroups that I participated in, the topic of the gift was brought up. We all kept mum. One beta tester of Office XP stated that every beta tester got a copy of Office XP Pro as well as a copy of Frontpage 2002. Everyone was extremely happy with MS. Now look what has happened. Check out MS stock and tell me that they are hurting financially. I'm not going to forget it, because this was the only chance I had of ever getting a copy of a MS office suite. Never could afford one. So I busted my ass, even with a full time job

Oh, go cry me a river. Like hell you'll mail the radio back to Microsoft "with a letter of dissatisfaction" :sleep:

We all know that you won't drag your complaining Jedi ass to the post office to mail that thing.

Enjoy your radio, Jedimaster :devil:

I can't believe that this is the 611th post in this thread. Why are all of you complaining? Some because they wanted the free software...I agree with you that Microsoft can afford the losses in the liscensing fees, etc. by sending us all free copies of Office Pro, but they chose to be conservative. I was OK with that until I heard that the people who attended the free launch events could get the full version free. Most everyone who beta tested took time out to find all the bugs, and we get radios. Yes, we all have found uses for them, and that's fine. I guess the launch event attendees have the opportunity to get the software because they show enthusiasm for the product. Perhaps they should have posted one of those "hidden surveys" on BetaPlace, you know, the ones that determined who got Build 5507 (remember that survey that asked if you were a developer?), well perhaps if they had done one of those, the people who actually showed interest and visited BetaPlace would have received the "better gift". I understand their thinking because look at the employees, all they get are USB keys? I think they deserve more (of course they are paid). Perhaps the better solution would be a coupon, say 40-50% off the RTM.

Well I'm happy with my radio, it works, I get good reception where I live. I have scanned the window cling and put it as the background for my desktop. In addition, it is my favorite color, orange.

As for all of you not happy with the radio: If you gave a sincere effort to find bugs and help the program, congrats, I hope you have better luck next time, if you choose to continue beta testing with Microsoft. As for those who signed up just to get the RTM, you are the target of Microsoft's efforts and I hope you learn from this program to become a better beta tester. And please stop complaining.

Oh, go cry me a river. Like hell you'll mail the radio back to Microsoft "with a letter of dissatisfaction" :sleep:

We all know that you won't drag your complaining Jedi ass to the post office to mail that thing.

Enjoy your radio, Jedimaster :devil:

Got it all in a FedEx Box already. Going out on Monday. I'm done with Microsoft an their antics!. Devoting my time now to to learning a better operating system GNU/Linux!.

No more Activation BS, Licensing BS, High Cost BS, Intellectual Property Rights BS, or the Microsoft way BS. Just back to fun computing. Like it was in the past. But with a superior kernal and operating system.

simple facts is no matter how you feel about microsoft and what reason you believe they did what they did, they are getting a lot of bad press.

as of right now this radio is attached to my wall to remind me of the effort i put into the beta wasn't worth my time. as for anybody who believes i should gravel down to microsoft for using me and throwing me away. you have a low value of your self worth.

i do realize that nothing i will say to you will change microsoft. so i will try to stop posting about the treatment of microsoft to wards beta testers.

They have bought this bad press i hope they enjoy it!!!!

this whole thread is getting annoying... here...

Microsoft clearly stated if you ever even took the time to ready some of the stuff they have that for all beta's they have NO obligation to give you anything in return. The gifts are given out by the beta team, which their decision is not controled by microsoft, because microsoft authorized them (the team) to give gifts as saw nesicary. this is why some beta's you get a lot of stuff (hardware, software) for free, and others you get nothing (vs.net beta, where all you get is a thank you letter) all this boo hoo MS is the devil complaining because some people got something and others did not is stupid. Grow up people, Symantec does similar things too.. Look at Norton products, when they have a beta you can submit all the bugs you want, they will only give copies of software free to people they see helped them the most. No that does not make them evil, that shows that they thought you where a big help and they rewarded you as they saw fit. In the office 2003 beta, there was so many testers that leaked info, posted screen shots, and did almost every thing else that violated the terms of service that they had to weed out the best. If you make them mad by leaking information, they will not reward you as good in return. Remember what goes around, comes around. The people they thought where the best people in the IEP beta (Individual evaluation program) got moved into the OEP beta (Organization Evaluation program) which is full of people who are professionals and are very good at what they do. It was also a more closed group of people then the IEP program, which if you compared the news groups for the two, the IEP had about 20 times more posts then the OEP, but the OEP had more technical posts and more knowladgeable, with out the posts that had nothing to do with the beta you recieved in the IEP program.... What I'm tring to say is that, if you deserved it, you got moved up and made more noticable and you where thanked in a manner that was relative to you good you where to the beta.

bluebsh

well they bought this bad press very simply. now Remember what goes around, comes around. they bought the bad press now they will have to deal with it. as for anybody who asks me if i will support 2003 office im telling them to get open office.

NO obligation to give you anything in return. doesnt mean that they should have sqrewed the beta testers.

how do they expect to get helpful testers in the future if this is what they show to the public.

and if this whole thread is getting annoying... leave as with microsoft we didnt bring you here force you to post

as of right now this radio is attached to my wall to remind me of the effort i put into the beta wasn't worth my time.

It sounds like you have way too much time if you're spending it taping a radio to your wall. :rolleyes:

Dude, quit posting too many times, why cant you just freakin edit your post or quote at least using the quote button. Damn quit ur complaining.

You just signed up for office 2003 licensed, since you heard that everyone got office xp when they beta tested it. Big freaken deal, if you want office 2003 free, download it the final then burn it on a cd and then you got a cd full version. geez. :happy:

It goes like this -

Top 60 testers - Full copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Edition, Sticker, Pen & Pad and the lovely Radio ....

Everyone else - Sticker and lovely Radio ....

Now quit your whining and move on to better things in life ....

Thread Closed

Radish?