Windows 8 RC To Get Flatter Explorer UI, Other Changes

Pics aren't loading here :( Excepted the twitpic one.

Copy the picture links and open them directly in a new tab and they'll work that way.

Pics aren't loading here :( Excepted the twitpic one.

Lemme do it the Faikee way

post-293012-0-63242200-1335781880_thumb.

PS : next time you see "Posted Image" Drag it to new tab :) (Probably works on non ie browsers)

Not really a BIG change but still a more of metro touch :) And no dotted loading cursor... The new aero revision is so much like those aero themes made during win7 rtm time , clear glass and soft colors! Really nice and less distracting , also the buttons are so soft looking. I bet MS is bringing such changes just to make desktop users who dont like metro at all have some love for the desktop mode of win8 , without these they would say its just win7 with metro , but now its umm lil fancier and polished.

The revised Aero with the Watercolor-style widgets would look much better if the title bar weren't quite as tall. As it is the proportions between title bar and rest of the GUI are out of whack.

That's it?!

Those aren't big changes, those are miniscule bells and whistles (and not very good ones at that)

Where's the supposed "new polished start button"?

Where's the supposed "new revision of aero"?

You can see the individual pixels of the cursor's black outlining pretty clearly. Doesn't look very professional in my opinion. :/

I can see the pixels in my Windows 7 curosrs too... No biggie.

That's it?!

Those aren't big changes, those are miniscule bells and whistles (and not very good ones at that)

Where's the supposed "new polished start button"?

Where's the supposed "new revision of aero"?

Canouna in the forums told that when he said "Start button" he meant

3scpB.png

And new revision of aero is right there in that pic , unless you were expecting Aero Diamond or something...

Also the more and bigger changes they would land the more bugs can crop up leading to poor quality of WRP or a delayed schedule .

but its no different compared to the aero from the CP

EDIT: unless you mean the change to the buttons and scrollbars, :huh: and is the title-bar non-transparent? Is the "start button" permanently on the taskbar now or does it still appear on hover only?

• Like 1

but its no different compared to the aero from the CP

EDIT: unless you mean the change to the buttons and scrollbars, :huh: and is the title-bar non-transparent? Is the "start button" permanently on the taskbar now or does it still appear on hover only?

post-293012-0-39831000-1335783077_thumb.

Rest i leave to your eyes.

Yes the start orb button which was introduced in vista is no more now since WCP. He meant that they have improved the start screen preview which comes on hovering at bottom left...

Nevermind

BTW with RC escrow builds coming in now , are we going to have a new thread for RC discussion or would we rename this one?

You can see the individual pixels of the cursor's black outlining pretty clearly. Doesn't look very professional in my opinion. :/

Don't forget that some cursors have gradients while some don't. :D

The new cursors look pathetic. I didn't like them.

Though I would've loved the circular dots animation at windows startup to be used in cursors.

He's teasing shots at this point, of course there should be other changes but no screen shots yet. Builds are up to 8370 now.

Coz he didn't show us any.

Ah. That makes sense. I thought that little pic you posted was a new screenie.

Never mind those new cursors. My concern is why the mouse and cursor setting is still a separate dialog and has not been fully integrated into the control panel window. Wasn?t that Microsoft?s original plan, to eventually do away with dialogs all over the place?

Never mind those new cursors. My concern is why the mouse and cursor setting is still a separate dialog and has not been fully integrated into the control panel window. Wasn?t that Microsoft?s original plan, to eventually do away with dialogs all over the place?

I expect the Metro CP to replace the default AERO CP. Most likely by Windows 9. I really wish Microsoft would kill off the classic Control Panel for Windows 8's release, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm pretty sure that would make a few people's heads explode here. :rolleyes:

I expect the Metro CP to replace the default AERO CP. Most likely by Windows 9. I really wish Microsoft would kill off the classic Control Panel for Windows 8's release, but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'm pretty sure that would make a few people's heads explode here. :rolleyes:

They already three separate control panels, aero, classic, and now Metro. But I agree, they should do away with the Aero and Classic CP now or else they are just going to get themselves into a right mess again.

Not bad but expected more change to the cursors. Perhaps black this time. Any new system file icons? like computer, docs, folders and etc?

Not bad but expected more change to the cursors. Perhaps black this time. Any new system file icons? like computer, docs, folders and etc?

If there is, Canouna hasn't taken pics of them yet.

They already three separate control panels, aero, classic, and now Metro. But I agree, they should do away with the Aero and Classic CP now or else they are just going to get themselves into a right mess again.

What do you mean "again"? It's been a mess from the start.

They need to rip everything out of the classic Control Panel, and sync it to the Metro one. That way we get the unified Control Panel we've all been wishing for, and there's no confusion as to what is where. Not to mention eliminating that old code will slim down Windows some. The only reason I should be on the desktop is to run legacy, "classic" desktop programs.