The Walking Dead (Season 3)

I think I know I prefer the TV Show to the comics because my favorite character dies in the comics. It really is as simple as that.

Your favorite character will die on the show as well - if the show is on long enough to get to the point in the comics where it happens.

I think I know I prefer the TV Show to the comics because my favorite character dies in the comics. It really is as simple as that.

and it had nothing to do with the governor so not sure why you'd be expecting it this early....

i haven't really been enjoying season 3 as much as past seasons but i will admit it's gonna suck waiting until feb to see the rest of this season. theres not much on tv anymore that catches my eye.

AMC is offering a different experience in watching "The Walking Dead". The network will air all episodes of season 1 and 2 of the hit zombie apocalypse series in black and white starting February 14, 2013 at 6:30 P.M.

This special program will kick off with the airing of the first two episodes of the drama series. It will be immediately followed by the second season premiere of Kevin Smith's docuseries "Comic Book Men" at 9 P.M.

The airing of "Walking Dead" in monochrome format isn't only aimed at giving a special treat to the show's fans, but also boosting AMC's unscripted block on Thursday night. According to a magazine's article, creator Robert Kirkman has fully endorsed this new way of enjoying the popular series.

Source: ACE

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/12/the-walking-dead-amc-to-air-season-1-2.html

THE WALKING DEAD Officially Renewed; Glen Mazzara Steps Down As Showrunner

The Walking Dead has been picked up for a fourth season, not a shocker. What is the shocker (or not depending on how you look at AMC's track record) is that Showrunner Glenn Mazzara will step down after season three. Rumors have swirled for a while that Mazzara was unhappy running the show, and now it looks like it has finally come to a head. However, AMC and Mazzara both say that the split is amicable, with them issuing this joint statement, ?Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer. AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success." Mazzara and Executive producer and creator Robert Kikman, as well as Executive Producer Gale Anne Hurd all issued solo statements as well. Check them out below.

"My time as showrunner on The Walking Dead has been an amazing experience, but after I finish season 3, it?s time to move on. I have told the stories I wanted to tell and connected with our fans on a level that I never imagined. It doesn?t get much better than that. Thank you to everyone who has been a part of this journey." ? Glen Mazzara

"I am in full support of both AMC and Glen Mazzara in the decision they have come to and believe the parties came to this decision in the best interest of the future of the show. I thank Glen for his hard work and appreciate his many contributions to The Walking Dead and look forward to working with him as we complete post production on Season 3. I am also excited to begin work on another spectacular season of this show that I know means so much to so many people. This show has always been the result of a wide range of extremely talented men and women working tirelessly to produce their best work collectively. I believe the future is bright for The Walking Dead. Thank you to the fans for your continued support." ? Robert Kirkman

"I am appreciative and grateful to Glen for his hard work on ?The Walking Dead.? I am supportive of AMC and Glen?s decision and know that the series is in great hands with one of the most talented and dedicated casts and crews in the business. I look forward to the show?s continued success." ? Gale Anne Hurd

Kurt Sutter slams AMC for Glen Mazzara 'Walking Dead' exit

Sons of Anarchy showrunner Kevin Sutter has slammed AMC over the network's handling of hit show The Walking Dead.

The network recently announced that showrunner Glen Mazzara will be stepping down from the series due to differences in opinion regarding the show's direction.

Deadline reports that Sutter, whose FX series is now in its fifth season, took to Twitter on Friday (December 21) to blast AMC for letting Mazzara go.

He tweeted: "AMC is run by small-minded, bottom-line thinkers who have no appreciation or gratitude for the effort of its creative personal (sic)."

Sutter criticised AMC for its "disrespect" to writers and viewers, adding: "Mazzara took the work-in-progress that was Walking Dead and turned it into a viable TV show with a future. Without him, that future is dim."

The Shield showrunner Shawn Ryan also damned AMC on the social networking site, adding: "AMC, WTF? Common knowledge that AMC cut Breaking Bad shorter than it should have been.

"Now you have creative differences w/ biggest hit's savior? With FX, Showtime, HBO, Starz, Cinemax, A&E, TNT and others to sell to, it's a real question now why good show runners should sell to AMC?"

The second half of season three of The Walking Dead returns in February 2013.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s135/the-walking-dead/news/a446960/kurt-sutter-slams-amc-for-glen-mazzara-walking-dead-exit.html

Killing time till things resume in Feb playing Telltale's the Walking Dead game for PC and Xbox. Really, really good. Probably closer to the comic book style. Highly recommended.

My mate, for some reason, has only recently started watching Walking Dead, he killed off the first series the first night he started watching it and no hes eager to watch the 2nd series, Ive been reliving it with him the past 3 nights, 10 eps into the 2nd series :D Loving watching them all again!!

S03E09 ? The Suicide King ? 10th Feb 2013

S03E10 ? Home ? 17th Feb 2013

S03E11 ? I Ain't A Judas ? 24th Feb 2013

S03E12 ? Clear ? 3rd Mar 2013

S03E13 ? Pale Horse ? 10th Mar 2013

S03E14 ? Killer Within, Part I ? 17th Mar 2013

S03E15 ? This Sorrowful Life ? 24th Mar 2013

S03E16 ? Welcome to the Tombs ? 31st Mar 2013

Ace, didn't realise it was coming back in early feb.

Between Shameless, Spartacus and Walking Dead going to have plenty to watch till Game of Thrones in April.

Agreed although I don't know what Shameless is...