UK ISP BT Offers up to 76Mbps Superfast Broadband Boost for Free

Why not, I'm not going with any other ISP while BT are providing these sorts of speeds, quite happy to renew

BT will also offer these speeds to anyone taking on BTWholesale this include plusnet, pipex, Demon and all the rest of the BT PSTN ADSL 2+ providers. you dont only have to go with BT (not saying BT arnt good)

plusnet 38/9mb can be had for ?21.50/month with no need of a phone line: http://www.plus.net/...band/broadband/

sky are doing 38/2mb for ?20/month + ?12.25 line rental + ?50 activation fee (new customers). Sky don't throttle torrents unlike bt and plusnet.

Plusnet have a 120Gb limit... I would use that in a week with these speeds :/

Sky are unlimited, but the upload is poor compared to what others offer.

It seems BT are offering the best at the moment, unless Sky can change their upload or if someone like BE can step in, with matching speeds that are offered of 80/20. (76/19 :p). Which I doubt, because BE have started up their own fiber company in the UK, Hyperoptic.

When you say upgrade button, is this something on the HomeHub?

I got my dad to sign up using that link you posted earlier but no upgrade as of yet :(

Actually I think it's been upgraded, I'll check when I get home :D

I've recieved an email for a upgrade order. date for completion is now set as 23rd april...

strange...

Upgraded via phone on thursday morning...

PS. I've had a new openreach modem delivered as well... Someone at BT messing up here... Free 2nd vdsl modem..! :D

When you say upgrade button, is this something on the HomeHub? I got my dad to sign up using that link you posted earlier but no upgrade as of yet :(

This one on their site

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280

Then when you have an order pending, check MyBT on the same link at the top and it should have a banner telling you your upgrade activation date

Can anyone here give me a list of equipment we should be receiving for BT Infinity? I think BT has screwed up again. Earlier this week we were meant to get the equipment (vDSL modem, cables, welcome pack) but they sent them to a completely different address, and because of this we had to reschedule our engineers appointment from today to next Thursday. Today we get a delivery but they sent us the Welcome pack (with cables), a BT Homehub (Which we've already got) and no vDSL modem.

Really annoyed with BT at the moment. First they made us wait 3 months to get a phone line. Screw our order up by sending equipment to the wrong house and making us wait another week because of their mess, now they fix the problem by sending equipment we've already got and not the equipment we need. Arrghhh.

Can anyone here give me a list of equipment we should be receiving for BT Infinity? I think BT has screwed up again. Earlier this week we were meant to get the equipment (vDSL modem, cables, welcome pack) but they sent them to a completely different address, and because of this we had to reschedule our engineers appointment from today to next Thursday. Today we get a delivery but they sent us the Welcome pack (with cables), a BT Homehub (Which we've already got) and no vDSL modem.

Really annoyed with BT at the moment. First they made us wait 3 months to get a phone line. Screw our order up by sending equipment to the wrong house and making us wait another week because of their mess, now they fix the problem by sending equipment we've already got and not the equipment we need. Arrghhh.

I don't understand why the engineers can't simply bring the equipment with them. It's got to be cheaper and it would be much easier for customers :rolleyes:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need the modem but only need the home hub if you ordered it (it's not compulsory if you already have one/have an alternative router). I'd give BT a call ASAP and get them to sort the problem out.

I don't understand why the engineers can't simply bring the equipment with them. It's got to be cheaper and it would be much easier for customers :rolleyes:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you need the modem but only need the home hub if you ordered it (it's not compulsory if you already have one/have an alternative router). I'd give BT a call ASAP and get them to sort the problem out.

I do need the modem, the welcome shows pictures of the modem etc, I really can't believe they've screwed up again after apologising on the phone to me the other day. Makes my blood boil.

I do need the modem, the welcome shows pictures of the modem etc, I really can't believe they've screwed up again after apologising on the phone to me the other day. Makes my blood boil.

The Openworld engineer brings the VDSL modem with him. BT sends out the router via post (optional) as you can also use your own.

The vdsl modem looks like this: http://img.photobuck...90/6b48630f.jpg

This is what annoys me with BT.

Why don't they just leave the line connected when someone leaves a house? All this connecting and disconnecting is a waste of time and money.

Yea the engineer brings the openreach modem with him and the new master socket, you should get the HH3.0 and some cables in the post

This is what annoys me with BT.

Why don't they just leave the line connected when someone leaves a house? All this connecting and disconnecting is a waste of time and money.

Because then they couldn't charge you ?150 to reconnect the line when you move in

• Like 2

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017

Enter your landline number or post code and it'll tell you.

Got my upgrade done over night. Re-synced at 76MB down and 16mb up (wondering why its no at full 20mb up).

Exactly the same here, you'd think if it sync'd at 76 down you`d get your 20 up at least

My cab is 100m away and I only get 16meg up too

My cab is 1985 meters away :( - I'm hoping when it comes to my area in June that something is improved as from my "upto 20 meg" line I never get more than 4 meg down and 0.75 up.

My cab is 1985 meters away :( - I'm hoping when it comes to my area in June that something is improved as from my "upto 20 meg" line I never get more than 4 meg down and 0.75 up.

I think I've mentioned this before maybe in this thread, but it makes a huge difference in sync speed

If you have an oldish line in the house, take the face off the master socket and check if the ring wire is still attached, it used to power the old rotary phones bell and is just creating huge interference now

I removed mine and gain about 2meg, my folks gained about 3meg

You only need the white/blue and the blue/white wires

Any others are not needed unless you have an extension to another room but you should know which are which

Bell wire is Orange/White

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/tutorials/how_to_remove_the_ring_wire_from_your_master_socket.html

I think I've mentioned this before maybe in this thread, but it makes a huge difference in sync speed

If you have an oldish line in the house, take the face off the master socket and check if the ring wire is still attached, it used to power the old rotary phones bell and is just creating huge interference now

I removed mine and gain about 2meg, my folks gained about 3meg

You only need the white/blue and the blue/white wires

Any others are not needed unless you have an extension to another room but you should know which are which

Bell wire is Orange/White

http://www.skyuser.c...ter_socket.html

Cheers, I'll have a look when I get home.

If your line to the cabinet is about 2km you'll probably connect at about 12-15Mbit on FTTC

Got my upgrade done over night. Re-synced at 76MB down and 16mb up (wondering why its no at full 20mb up).

Exactly the same here, you'd think if it sync'd at 76 down you`d get your 20 up at least

My cab is 100m away and I only get 16meg up too

Might be worth looking here: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/4113005-8020-predicted-speeds-and-actual-speeds.html?page=2&view=collapsed&fpart=all

After unlocking the HG612 some of those people are reporting syncing at the full 20mbit up.

Might be worth looking here: http://forums.thinkb...apsed&fpart=all

After unlocking the HG612 some of those people are reporting syncing at the full 20mbit up.

Interesting, how do you interface with the openreach modem?

Mines not the HG612 though, I have the V2 I think but would be cool if I could get a faster sync

EDIT - I lied, it is a HG612, Rev.B - just found the guide :D