What is your opinion on Skrillex?

Simple question, i'd be interested to hear everyones opinion on him. I personally love his stuff, but understand that he's not to everyone's taste.

i think hes terrible and isnt a true dj but thats my opinion.

He isn't a DJ... He's a producer. I get what you're saying as he can be replaced by a laptop live, but his merit is in the sounds he creates beforehand. Having said that, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but his dumb/loud/dance your ass off dubstep is fine with me, I liked both Bangarang and the Ghosts Monsters EP. I wouldn't call myself a fan of the genre as it's really oversaturated and there's a lot of crap, but hey, at least they're trying something new, I guess that's the point of music, isn't it?

P.S. His new track with Damian Marley is killer.

I like him but I prefer his older stuff. (Myspace albums, which is technically electronic/house.)

What makes a true dj Circaflex? Surely the majority of the work electronic dance music producers and dj's do is in the studio.

What makes a true dj Circaflex? Surely the majority of the work electronic dance music producers and dj's do is in the studio.

maybe i used the wrong term but the fact that all he does is hit play on his macbook for his concerts is lame, like another poster said you could just have a laptop there and it would be the same thing as him in the room, no talent in my opinion.

All this dude does is dance up and down, mess with the EQs and hit spacebar.

*press play*

*light cigarette*

*make sure EQs aren't accidentally turned down*

*move hair out of glasses*

*talk to hipster friends*

*check EQs again*

*make hand movements to the crowd*

*triple check EQ knobs*

*adjust alcoholic beverage*

*dance with hipster friends*

*move hair out of face*

*more hand movements*

*yell in mic*

*drink, smoke*

*repeat above steps 3 times*

*RANDOMLY TRANSITION TO A TRACK THAT IS ALREADY HALF WAY PLAYED WITH NO MIXING WHATSOEVER*

*randomly cut power, music stops*

*CROW GOES INSANE!!!!!*

THIS IS THE GREATNESS THAT IS SKRILLEX

156bqdz.jpg

who seriously cancels a show because their pc goes down LOL

• Like 1

how many of you skrillex fans know his background? know he wasnt always into dubstep and was part of from first to last?

Didn't he loose his voice or something due to screaming that's why he wen't into dubstep and yes I know he was in first to last but a lot of people I know who like Skrillex aren't aware...

how many of you skrillex fans know his background? know he wasnt always into dubstep and was part of from first to last?

I knew him as Sonny Moore from back in the day... Not something I'd call a good band, FFTL.

Btw, I just realized I'm seeing him live in September as he's playing alongside The Prodigy. Should be fun.

I love his stuff. Catchy and melodic. Most dubstep I hear these days is just noise, but skrillex goes beyond noise to bring music to my ears. Bangarang is proof of that.

I knew him as Sonny Moore from back in the day... Not something I'd call a good band, FFTL.

Btw, I just realized I'm seeing him live in September as he's playing alongside The Prodigy. Should be fun.

The Prodigy, now that was a fun show.

Wendy Carlos had to deal with a Moog synthesizer system that was a 1/1000000000 as powerful as Skrillex's Mac, but her music was a billion times better (particularly, A Clockwork Orange soundtrack).