Samsung Galaxy S III is official: 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display, quad-co

Where are the touch buttons? How about STOCK Android for a change instead of the god awful TouchWiz UI? It looks hideous.

Really not liking this phone so far.. definitely getting the new Nexus whenever that comes out (so I guess Samsung will get my money one way or another) :D

Mostly gimmicky features that people would never use after a while or didn't need in the first place, just sounds good in marketing. Why do I need my phone to vibrate when I pick it up when I could just look at the status bar? Do I really want my FFC on at all times when the screen is on just so the screen will stay on when that's rarely an issue as it is?

I wouldn't say most are gimmicks. Siri/S voice most definitely is. Sharting a 1 GB file in a minute's matter via S Beam surely isn't, eye tracking could be really useful when reading. I thought the notification vibrations are nice, especially if the status bar is full, at least you'll bother checking them out. Anywho, I don't care as I'm good for at least a year before I upgrade, but to me the phone is a worthy successor to the S2.

EDIT: just saw that SIII owners get 50 GB of Dropbox storage. That alone is a killer feature.

Where are the touch buttons? How about STOCK Android for a change instead of the god awful TouchWiz UI? It looks hideous.

Onscreen.

Rumors on this site and others said dual-core in the US, quad-core everywhere else. Guess that is no longer the case?

"Designed for humans" - Whoa that's true innovation! I never understood why all other companies kept designing phones with whales and meerkats in mind.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say most are gimmicks. Siri/S voice most definitely is. Sharting a 1 GB file in a minute's matter via S Beam surely isn't, eye tracking could be really useful when reading. I thought the notification vibrations are nice, especially if the status bar is full, at least you'll bother checking them out. Anywho, I don't care as I'm good for at least a year before I upgrade, but to me the phone is a worthy successor to the S2.

EDIT: just saw that SIII owners get 50 GB of Dropbox storage. That alone is a killer feature.

i have 50 gigs of dropbox storage so dont need more

is it LTE ? and if so have they made it so the usa can have the quadcores ... although the new dualcore thats in the one x is giving the quad a mean run for its money

Those of you who watched the live stream: Am I the only one who thinks the keynote was really bizarre, and who expected the woman from Apple's '1984' spot to come out and throw a hammer at the screen?

i have 50 gigs of dropbox storage so dont need more

Good for you, buddy! (Y)

Meanwhile, if you're a Dropbox user and are thinking about upgrading your account, you get two years worth of 50GB, which is $200. $200 is most likely what this will cost on contract. Which makes the phone an amazing buy from the start.

some questions not answered

gorilla glass 2?

normal sim?

removable battery?

Yes

No

Yes.

It is Gorilla Glass 2

It has a Micro Sim

It has a removable 2100mAh Battery.

why the pentile?? u kiddling me??? Pentile on a flagship? they going back or something?

the biggest problem with the pentile is how fast the screen burns!!!

Yes

No

Yes.

It is Gorilla Glass 2

It has a Micro Sim

It has a removable 2100mAh Battery.

sigh well at least its more resistant and better options than galaxy nexus, lets see the price

4.8 in screen? Tone it down Samsung. This alone would make me not get the phone. Pretty soon we will need bags to carry around our phones...sound familiar?? I thought my GNEX 4.65 in screen was big and it took a little to get used to over my 4in Vibrant. Main reason I got the GNEX is because of pure Google OS and I never really cared for TW.

So I think we can all say that this is currently the best smartphone on the market. Specs and capabilities overall are insane + Dropbox and other stuff.

And why is everyone complaining about pen-tile display.. this is 1280 display with SuperAmoled technology. The Galaxy Nexus screen I have is just stunning. Don't diss before you actually use the device.

I've been saying to myself recently "I'm gonna get the next iPhone" but..... how the hell can Apple top this.

This is amazing... and hey, I even like the design and touchwiz was never that bad and it looks like they made it even better :D

Pentile screen is all you had to say. As an SGS and Infuse owner, it looks like I won't be getting another Samsung. Ordering the HTC One X.

...seriously? It's THAT BAD is it? You won't notice the difference in every day use. Not unless you plan to use your phone through a microscope everyday. Guranteed if the article didn't mention what screen type it was, you wouldn't have even noticed anything.

You are being picky for being pickys sake.

I for one quite like the phone. The hardware is great, not too fussed about the software, I'm sure XDA are working on something brilliant as we speak. But the phone does look rather plasticky.

Oh well, my contract for my HTC Desire runs out in 7 days... ;)

So I think we can all say that this is currently the best smartphone on the market. Specs and capabilities overall are insane + Dropbox and other stuff.

lol no. Do not put (stupid) words into other peoples mouths.