Car Mods

Well since they dont have a car forum(and that is fine) i will make a topic for all car stuff. mainly for people who have/are sooping up their cars. Tell us what you got kind of like:

-Make

-Model

-Year

-Color

-Engine

-Mods

-Est/Apx Horse Power

Ayla (I named my car :blush: )

-Honda

-Accord

-Silver

-2.2L SOHC VTEC

-Cold air induction, enkei RS6 17" w/ Yokohama 17 235/40 ES100, G4 Altezza(not neowin dude), Reverse indiglow Guages, Red Neon Street Glow Kit.

-154hp Est

I also plan on doing an engine swap when i get the cash.......

Ill post a Pic of my car if ne one is interested. Jest let me know.

General Discussion means you can chat about pretty much anything and cars rule :)

I hope to be getting a 1.2 Vauxhaul Corsa, don't want to mod it as it will probably be robbed... i bet i end up doing loads of mods tho i just know it :/

well, MY car is:

Name: Avenger

-Make: Dodge

-Model: Avenger

-Year: 1995

-Color: Midnight Green

-Engine: 2.5L Mitsubishi (forget model number ATM)

-Mods: upgraded suspension, though I need new shocks after all this time, port and polished, balanced

-Est/Apx Horse Power: 267 hp to the wheels...

I'm planning on getting a second engine and transmission to soop up, while leaving this one alone. If I somehow (I know what I'm doing, but things CAN happen) blow the engine or tranny on the sooped up one, I can use the old, which is still in great condition.

My parent's truck which my dad and I modded:

-Model: Ram

-Year: 1988

-Color: Cobalt Blue

-Engine: 1970 440 6pack, balanced, ported and polished

-Mods: suspension beefed up, 20 inch tires, multiple kill switches, aftermarket guages (old ones couldn't handle the stresses, ultra-high capacity radiator, and one huge starter (any cheap or mid-priced one will be torn apart in a week), custom-built exhaust system (needed because it's so very, very loud, even with it....

-Est/Apx Horse Power: 467 hp to the wheels, 682 ft/lbs of torque

My mom's Shelby:

-Model: Daytona Sheby Z

-Year: 1988 (1987?)

-Color: blue

-Engine: 2.0 litre inline 4

-Mods: turbo charger, clutch, tranny completely redone, balanced engine, port, polish, high performance pistons, rings, gaskets, suspension highly tuned, customized exhaust syestem, highly tuned computer chip, new guages, as old ones didn't go high enough, especially the rpm, which is VERY important to not max out the guage

-Est/Apx Horse Power: 485hp, 278 ft/lb torque

NOTE: We recently re-built it and modified it even more (since we completely rebuilt the engine, tranny, and clutch), because my brother "borrowed" the car for 2 years and can't look after cars...he blew the engine and tranny. We replaced the clutch because the stresses caused by the way we modified the engine after being rebuilt, and the setup of the gears in the tranny. The clutch is now literally on/off. If you use conventional techniques to drive this, you won't make it 2 blocks without stalling. If the revs drop below 6500 while in gear, it will stall. It redlines at 13000 rpm now, though optimal shift point is just above 11000. It took a while to get used to downshifting this car, as I would keep lettign the rpm drop too low, and it would stall. Heel and toe technique is a MUST for this car...though it is the most fun car I have ever driven, and I've been in ferarri and porshes (still no lanborghini, tho I want to, lol).

The techniques I have learned from modifying the truck and shelby, and ya, the little I've done on the avenger, were fun to learn, and I consider them very useful. Anybody who says that a mid-priced car cannot perform aswell as a top of the line, is thoroughly mistaken. The parts only totalled 8500 dollars canadian, and it performs better than any other car I've driven...though it is very hard to learn to drive.

Thats alot of cars. lol. Well im hoping with my engine up grade i can push over 300Hp, the engine alone is a H22A engine 220Hp stock and the with the Turbo i can push it over 300 with my boost all the way up, if i max it out i can hit about 350HP, thats with the inercooler and headers and gears all changes and my ECU.

Make - Acura

Model - Intergra Type R

Year - '99

Engine - B18C5

Mods - AEM Cold Air

- Apex'i Exhaust

- Apex'i Vtec Controller

- AEM Cam Gears

- Apex'i Springs

- JDM Headers

I do also have a Honda Civic SiR (2002) also called Si in the states (hatchback) and a 2000 Yamaha R6

I have always wanted an integra because i liked their engine, but my H22A engine is gonna rock, ohh and its not Acura Integra, its Honda Integra,get it right lol, im just messing wif ya.

Why "soup" up a car, why not just buy a car that it good already, without all the crappy bolt on goods that people buy for cars.

For example my car;

A Seat Leon Cupra R

Which is a fantastic car, and beats nearly anything it goes against, looks good and it goes better.

However I don't see why there can't be a thread on cars. why the hell not, there?s all sorts of threads in the general discussion form that aren?t all to do with pc's. So I do hope this thread goes well, because I love cars as I do anything pc related.

Just in my opinion I think cars often look worse after lots of silly boy racer modz.

My car currently does 145 to 150mph on the motorway STANDARD, before I get the bad boy chipped. And it goes around corners like it?s on a train track, if I want it too.

:)

Goten, I hope before using too much of your turbo you're planning on replacing your pistons and piston rings...possibly even your crankshaft. The stock ones will not handle much more power than they were designed for, and without replacing them you will blow your engine. I believe that the stock parts for the H22A can take about 11 pounds of boost...which really isn't a lot. we have 32 pounds of boost going into the shelby

well, there is just something about buying a car and making it go faster,i find it more satisfying, thats like saying why build your own c when you can buy it fast. no no no. you have control over what goes in your pc/car. it your way right away(well not right away) but you get it.

Why "soup" up a car, why not just buy a car that it good already, without all the crappy bolt on goods that people buy for cars.

For example my car;

A Seat Leon Cupra R

Which is a fantastic car, and beats nearly anything it goes against, looks good and it goes better.

However I don't see why there can't be a thread on cars. why the hell not, there?s all sorts of threads in the general discussion form that aren?t all to do with pc's. So I do hope this thread goes well, because I love cars as I do anything pc related.

Just in my opinion I think cars often look worse after lots of silly boy racer modz.

My car currently does 145 to 150mph on the motorway STANDARD, before I get the bad boy chipped. And it goes around corners like it?s on a train track, if I want it too.

:)

both the cars I mentioned LOOK stock, the truck's rear end is VERY high up, but besides that it looks stock aswell. Body modifications ARE NOT essential to sooping up a car.

And generally, it's cheaper to buy a midrange car, and soop it up, then to get a good car to begin with...quite often by a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money.

both the cars I mentioned LOOK stock, the truck's rear end is VERY high up, but besides that it looks stock aswell. Body modifications ARE NOT essential to sooping up a car.

And generally, it's cheaper to buy a midrange car, and soop it up, then to get a good car to begin with...quite often by a SUBSTANTIAL amount of money.

well i've certainly been told.

I'd love to have a spin in your car, theres something about american cars, made to be driven hard. The most american car we have is a ford explorer, which is the old mans car, fantastic car, but "touch wood" it hasn't rolled over yet, but still nothing like a dodge

Make: Mitsubishi

-Model: Eclipse GST

-Year: 92

-Color: Dark Forest Green

-Engine: 2.0 DOHC

-Mods: Cold Air Intake, NOS (15lbs Bottle), Green Neons

-Est/Apx Horse Power: 450hp :)

Well i think for a lot of younger kids especially they can't really go out and buy top of the line cars, so if they can find a used car and add on parts to it, it may be cheaper for them. Plus I think its more of a personal thing, like you are customizing the car the way you want it to look/drive/feel etc, instead of having a factory or dealership handle it. Just my thoughts.

on the way back from local pub, need i say more. I would like to say I completly disagree with drink driving, who ever does drink and drive are ######, but where he lives theres just a long backroad between his house and the pub which is in the middle of no where. He only had about 7 stella's, but he said he saw a "pink fox with a party hat" run across the road when he was doing a 110mph, well that was his version of events anyway.

He brought a new VW lupo, did it all up boy racer style, and i have to be honest it looked pretty insane. Two weeks after getting the car, his parents called in sick on his behalf saying a tree fell on his car while driving and he was in hospital. Everyone that works with him knows full well about all of his previous cars and bikes, assumed that he hit a tree and then it laneded on him. Turned out sods law, he was driving up a hill when a tree just literally fell on the bottom of the windscreen.

He was doing 40 mph at the time, he'd slowed down from 60 mph to read the map, the police at the scene said if he was doing 60 he wouldn't be here today, but then again if he was doing 60 he would have passed where the tree was before it fell down. lol

Goten, I hope before using too much of your turbo you're planning on replacing your pistons and piston rings...possibly even your crankshaft. The stock ones will not handle much more power than they were designed for, and without replacing them you will blow your engine. I believe that the stock parts for the H22A can take about 11 pounds of boost...which really isn't a lot. we have 32 pounds of boost going into the shelby

Ohh i am, im doing all that when I get the engine swap, that 5g's has all that stuff in there. Thanx for the concern. The only thing that i will never do to my car is NOS, i just dont like that stuff

-Make- Honda

-Model- Civic EX

-Year- 2002

-Color- Ruby Pearl - (maroon)

-Engine- D17

-Mods

OBX-R Air Intake

Greddy B-Pipe-to Muffler Exhaust

TurboNetics WasteGate

HKS Turbo running 7psi until I upgrade pistions, rods and etc.

Factory ECU Chip Upgraded

-Est/Apx Horse Power

- ICE

Alpine 7863 Head Unit

MQ Quart mids and Highs

SPL wl 12" Subs 160oz magnet 1200 Watts RMS

(3)Phoenix Gold 600.2 Amps

17" Tenzo- R Shu-4 Wheels

Hankook Ventus 205/45/R17 Wheels

Eibach Sportline Springs

Carbon Fiber Taillight swap

Plan to add neon, Seats, upgrade brakes,body kits , CF hood and the list goes on

post-7-1066079293.jpg

Joining in on the fun...

1989 Mustang GT convertible

5.0L HO (302 cu in) motor, 67,500 actual miles

Deep shadow blue with titanium ground effects

Only mods so far:

- clear front turn signals, MAC Prochamber (2.5", no cats), MAC 2.5" catback exhaust, electric fan, lighted Ford logos, Streetglow gold series blue underbody neons, same color neon license plate frame

Future mods: complete paint job to make it silver, new top, Cervini's Mach I style hood, S351 wing, Saleen rear bumper, style bar (looks like a roll bar, but non-functional), 17" chrome Bullit wheels, 1" drop, and lots of little things...

Just don't have the money yet.

post-7-1066079925.jpg

sexeh :)

450 horses mmmmm :D

shall i press the celerator :yes:

LMAO! You and your 'NOS' (You've been watching too much The Fast and Furious) Are absolutely not putting out 450 HP. HAHAHAHAHA, that most funny thing I have heard in LONG time. Unless your green neons add 200 HP which you very well may think. LOL

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAA

What a joke.