Windows 8 Release Preview Discussion

Not sure if trolling... Just a question, why do you end every post with "Andrea Borman" AND put "Andrea Borman" in your signature block?

Between those 2 and the fact your Username is "Andrea Borman" I think we know who the post was written by. I could understand if it was only written once, but its twice........

Well that is personal preference, not necessarily software you can not find to run the same as or better on a 64bit OS which was the question I was asking.

There are patches like a-patch that kill most of the ugly from Messenger, and I can't really remember pre-ribbon with WL Essentials but I don't have a problem with it, there is nothing about it that makes me think "Oh I wish it was back like it used to be"

Well you can just uninstall Windows Live Messenger 2011 and Windows Live Essentials 2011. And install Windows Live Essentials and Messenger 2009 for Windows XP. And you will have the old version of Windows Live Essentials back again. Andrea Borman.

Well you can just uninstall Windows Live Messenger 2011 and Windows Live Essentials 2011. And install Windows Live Essentials and Messenger 2009 for Windows XP. And you will have the old version of Windows Live Essentials back again. Andrea Borman.

But why ?

I wouldn't want to run obsolete software, I like current updated and supported software.

I think if your netbook is the highest spec machine you have I can understand why you might be trying to run older, less resource hungry apps, maybe you should sell some of your many slower machines and buy something with a bit of power, then install the latest updates to everything and see how you find them

But why ?

I wouldn't want to run obsolete software, I like current updated and supported software.

I think if your netbook is the highest spec machine you have I can understand why you might be trying to run older, less resource hungry apps, maybe you should sell some of your many slower machines and buy something with a bit of power, then install the latest updates to everything and see how you find them

Well you cannot install Windows Live Essentials 2011 on Windows XP it won't let you. And you cannot install WL Essentials 2011 on Windows Vista unless you have got Service Pack 2 installed.

But WL Essentials 2011 is just not the same as WL Essentials 2009. And anyway if you look at the system requirements for WL Essentials 2009,it IS all versions of Windows,including Windows 7.

And I have WL Essentials 2009 on my Windows XP and I also have WL Essentials 2009 on my Windows Vista,Windows 7 and Windows 8. A lot of people are not happy with WL Essentials 2011. Andrea Borman.

Well you cannot install Windows Live Essentials 2011 on Windows XP it won't let you. And you cannot install WL Essentials 2011 on Windows Vista unless you have got Service Pack 2 installed.

But WL Essentials 2011 is just not the same as WL Essentials 2009. And anyway if you look at the system requirements for WL Essentials 2009,it IS all versions of Windows,including Windows 7. Andrea Borman.

We're not talking about installing anything on XP or Vista, you say you are running 8 RP

Anyway, whatever...

Well here is Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows Live Photo Gallery 2009,the Windows XP version running on my Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

post-417173-0-12194900-1340825277_thumb.

post-417173-0-08585000-1340825306_thumb.

Well here is Windows Live Messenger 2009 and Windows Live Photo Gallery 2009,the Windows XP version running on my Windows 8. Andrea Borman.

post-417173-0-08585000-1340825306_thumb.

have you heard the expression "No One Care!"? we're not arguing whether it's possible to run the old version or not, we're saying that IT'S STUPID to run old outdated software that has many potential SECURITY HOLES when the latest versions of said softwares work just fine

also I love how you completely ignore the comments trying to help you and tell you that 32bit software will work just fine on 64bit windows

• Like 2

have you heard the expression "No One Care!"? we're not arguing whether it's possible to run the old version or not, we're saying that IT'S STUPID to run old outdated software that has many potential SECURITY HOLES when the latest versions of said softwares work just fine

also I love how you completely ignore the comments trying to help you and tell you that 32bit software will work just fine on 64bit windows

Pleased you replied first, saves me having to "Re-word" everything :p

Well it is the latest version on my Windows XP,because you cannot install 2011 on Windows XP. And I run WL Essentials 2009 on Windows Vista,Windows 7 and Windows 8 because it works better and is more user friendly than the 2011 version. Andrea Borman.

Well it is the latest version on my Windows XP,because you cannot install 2011 on Windows XP. And I run WL Essentials 2009 on Windows Vista,Windows 7 and Windows 8 because it works better and is more user friendly than 2011 version. Andrea Borman.

support for XP is about to end too (XP is 11 year old technology, no one should really be using it anymore if they can help it)

and that's BS WLE 2011 is just as user friendly as 2009

support for XP is about to end too (XP is 11 year old technology, no one should really be using it anymore if they can help it)

and that's BS WLE 2011 is just as user friendly as 2009

Support for Windows XP ends in April 2014. But they have said that before, but have not ended support for an OS. But I am going to carry on using Windows XP after 2014,if my Windows XP laptops still work then. Andrea Borman.

Support for Windows XP ends in April 2014. But they have said that before, but have not ended support for an OS. But I am going to carry on using Windows XP after 2014,if my Windows XP laptops still work then. Andrea Borman.

/head-desk I'm done, i'm going to stop now before i'm contaminated by the incompetence

If you try to use a computer running XP after April 2014, the OS automatically phones home and downgrades to Windows NT, read the EULA, if you take the first and third letters from every 7th word it very clearly spells that out

Support for Windows XP ends in April 2014.

True.

But they have said that before, but have not ended support for an OS.

False. Do you think Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows 95... are still supported? They will end support for XP... nobody else is still supporting software from 2001, and in 2014 it will be 13 years old.

But I am going to carry on using Windows XP after 2014,if my Windows XP laptops still work then. Andrea Borman.

That's on your head, then. Just so you know, your insistence on using old, unsupported versions of software will catch up to you. You're a sitting duck in a shooting range.

The way you've been terrorizing us with these awful Windows 8 + XP screenshots, it's no surprise you have ties with Hezbollah... a fanatical militant terrorist group... and for anyone who thinks I'm joking, take a look: http://www.hezbollahconnect.net/ and http://www.hezbollahandrea7.net/

I have some friends who are in Hezbollah

I'm joking around, but it is true. You make some very strange decisions, Andrea. Making a website called "Hezbollah And Andrea Online" is probably a bad idea. Your YouTube channel is called "Hezbollah And Andrea"...

Although it's not an icon Win + E opens Computer.

What he means is a *separate* icon from that for Explorer (which Windows 7 used to have on the desktop; however, Windows 8 no longer does).

However, other than that, right-clicking gets you the same options (including Manage).

Why would anyone latch so much on to old software.

That's what I'm really missing here. Yes, that old XP software works, maybe you're scared of learning something new? Why are you so intent on using old software?

What's the point?

I've run into a problem with the metro apps.

When nVidia released their 'beta' drivers for Win8 RP (302.80), I installed that version but had some problems with it. Still, I kept it for a couple more days. Then, I decided to downgrade to a less buggy, Win7 driver. That's when the 1st party metro apps just stopped working (I tried opening them, but they would sit at the loading screen for a couple of seconds, then they would trow me back to the Start Screen). I assumed it was because of the video driver so I reinstalled the 302.80 driver. Still, I experienced some problems and now not even the 3rd party apps would run. Just now I installed the 302.82 version of the driver, the WHQL certified one. It doesn't seem to have solved the issue either.

Oddly enough, Fruit Ninja works just fine.

Should I "Refresh My PC" ? Should I just wait and hope they'll just start working again?

Also, I seems I can't change which apps notify me and which don't. The items related to this option are simply not showing up in the Notifications area of the Metro Control Panel.

Maybe the solution is just in front of me and I'm too stupid to see it?

What he means is a *separate* icon from that for Explorer (which Windows 7 used to have on the desktop; however, Windows 8 no longer does).

However, other than that, right-clicking gets you the same options (including Manage).

Yes, it does. If you open explorer and navigate to your desktop folder you'll see it. It is not visible by default on the actual desktop (nor was it on Windows 7, by the way); you will need to right-click on the desktop, select "personalize", then "change desktop icons." Check the box next to "computer," click ok and it'll show up.

If you try to use a computer running XP after April 2014, the OS automatically phones home and downgrades to Windows NT, read the EULA, if you take the first and third letters from every 7th word it very clearly spells that out

I don't understand. I bought my Windows XP netbooks pre-installed with Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I did not install my Windows XP from a CD it came pre-installed with the netbook. So how can my Windows XP downgrade itself to the Windows NT OS if Windows NT was never installed on my netbook?

It is like saying if I were to use Windows 7,after it's support for it ends,it downgrades to Windows Vista. It does not make sense.Andrea Borman.

I don't understand. I bought my Windows XP netbooks pre-installed with Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I did not install my Windows XP from a CD it came pre-installed with the netbook. So how can my Windows XP downgrade itself to the Windows NT OS if Windows NT was never installed on my netbook?

It is like saying if I were to use Windows 7,after it's support for it ends,it downgrades to Windows Vista. It does not make sense.Andrea Borman.

It was a joke...

It does downgrade to Vista :whistle:

LMFAO oh, Andrea, you are too much. It will not downgrade to Windows NT.

That's what I thought. According to the Windows forums,when support ends for a version of Windows. All that happens is that you no longer receive updates from Microsoft. So if you are still running Windows 2000,example,where support ended it 2010,you cannot install updates. Or you no longer get updates for Windows 2000 from Windows update.

Although I don't know if you can manually download some of them from the Microsoft website. Andrea Borman.