The 2003 "World Series" Thread

the alleged world series is starting saturday, and it will be the worst matchup i and most anyone i know could have possibly imaginied when october began.

i entered the month with the misconception that the braves new found offense would lead them through the playoffs, only to be let down yet again by bobby cox and co. the cubs then had to play the marlins, easy trip to the series right? wrong. steve bartman, alex gonzalez, the cubs bullpen, and a goat decided to let the florida marlins, who had beated the giants in 4 games, make the world series.. thats right, the florida marlins.

in the AL, the Twins were disposed of by the yankees in 4 games, and it appeared that oakland would advance to the alcs finally. they lost 3 straight and lost in the first round for the 4th year in a row. The classic Red Sox/Yanks rivalry was revived for the ALCS and was filled with excitement from start to finish. the red sox, like the cubs, were 5 outs from the world series. the yankees came back and won the decisive game 7 in 11 innings via a walkoff home run by aaron boone of all people.

thus, the world series matchup is the New York Yankees vs. Florida Marlins. :blink: gimme a break.

the yankees suck

the marlins suck

the yankees suck more.

i cant believe im saying this but... go marlins :x

the alleged world series is starting saturday, and it will be the worst matchup i and most anyone i know could have possibly imaginied when october began.

i entered the month with the misconception that the braves new found offense would lead them through the playoffs, only to be let down yet again by bobby cox and co. the cubs then had to play the marlins, easy trip to the series right? wrong. steve bartman, alex gonzalez, the cubs bullpen, and a goat decided to let the florida marlins, who had beated the giants in 4 games, make the world series.. thats right, the florida marlins.

in the AL, the Twins were disposed of by the yankees in 4 games, and it appeared that oakland would advance to the alcs finally. they lost 3 straight and lost in the first round for the 4th year in a row. The classic Red Sox/Yanks rivalry was revived for the ALCS and was filled with excitement from start to finish. the red sox, like the cubs, were 5 outs from the world series. the yankees came back and won the decisive game 7 in 11 innings via a walkoff home run by aaron boone of all people.

thus, the world series matchup is the New York Yankees vs. Florida Marlins. :blink: gimme a break.

the yankees suck

the marlins suck

the yankees suck more.

i cant believe im saying this but... go marlins :x

Your Team Sucks...this is the point they will not win anytime soon....if ever

I really think this thread should be merged with the already created Playoff Thread...

The playoffs are over.

Like Catnip said, I requested that he make a World Series thread so the Yankees and Marlins fans could celebrate their teams (ugh) victories.

Damn, this is going to be the worst :pinch:

The playoffs are over.

Like Catnip said, I requested that he make a World Series thread so the Yankees and Marlins fans could celebrate their teams (ugh) victories.

Can i ask you want everyone means by this will the worst ???????

The playoffs are over.

Well, "everyone" hates the Yankees, since they dominate most of the time.

News flash: There are more Yankees fans than any other type of fan out there, so any ratings discussion is thrown out the window. Marlins are pretty popular down in Florida, too.

People are sad, just because a team beats the one you're rooting for, doesn't make them "suck".

Whatever.

The playoffs are over.

mostly everyone who isnt a yankees fan hates the yankees with a passion

the marlins have no respect from anyone. their fans are 80% bandwagon. and look what happened after the last time they won the world series. the entire team was dismantled and they finished in the cellar.

plus, this year a lot of people really wanted to see the red sox and/or cubs in the series.. this was the least ideal of the matchups

and lots of us are still bitter about our teams losing.. i know i am

The playoffs are over.

the marlins have no respect from anyone. their fans are 80% bandwagon. and look what happened after the last time they won the world series. the entire team was dismantled and they finished in the cellar.

plus, this year a lot of people really wanted to see the red sox and/or cubs in the series.. this was the least ideal of the matchups

Most of the Cubs fans this year were also bandwagon (if you didn't notice, you're blind), what's the point?

The playoffs are over.

Most of the Cubs fans this year were also bandwagon (if you didn't notice, you're blind), what's the point?

yet the cubs already had a huge following and sell out nearly every game every year no matter what their record. the marlins averaged 16000 this season. suddenly everyone in florida looooves the marlins.

Well ya no whwt they Still won So To Damn bad for all the Sour loser Fans out there that don't like the yankess......HaHaHaHaHa..Your teams lost and Mine won....Watch and learn maybe your might do it some day too

I bet the marlins has a shot of winning this world seiries becuase of the offence, they added key players to their line up like the rookie. Marlin pitchers are not good as yankees(4 vs 3). Game 7 will be the end of world series 99%.

Chicago had a big chance of winning the world series if they play against the yankees(offence is not good as boston).

Edited by shafi

I think the Yankee's have the better starting pitching, and better bats. The Marlins have the speed, and the emotion to play better. I think the Yankee's will win it.

If the coporations who own most of the losing baseball teams put the same money Steinbrener puts into the yankees, they would have much better teams. Face it, most of the revenue, goes to the corporation. Meanwhile. George, the sole owner, takes that revenue and puts it right back into the club so he can afford to get players he thinks will complete his team.

yesterday i was sick to my stomach about the yankees blowing game 6, but it made it worth it when boston had their hopes high only to come crashing down.

JUST GOT HOME FROM THE STADIUM BABY!!!!!!!! PEDRO CHOKED!!!!! BOSTON CHOKED!!!!!!....BUCKY BOONE CAME THROUGH.....for all you boston fans...EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!!!!!

YANKEES IN 4.......SWEEP BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

worst series ever in the history of baseball. the 2 least deserving teams imo.

What are you talking about?....Dont take your anger out on the yanks and marlins....Take your anger out on the choking cubs for not taking advantage of a 3-1 series lead, and blowing it with there 2 best pitchers.

The bottom line is that the Cubs and Red Sux choked. As far as bandwagon fans go, your ALWAYS gonna have them around.

As as far as the series is concerned.....

Yanks in 6

Let's Go Yankees.......clap,clap,...........clap,clap,clap

why is it called the world series when errrmmmm its not? i mean its held in the states with all american teams. Plz dont flame this cos i really dont know much about baseball so i might be missing some vital info