Oxford rewrites gender dress code

This is not advancement but rather a depreciation of what society should be.

And what society should be?

And what society should be?

Let's get it out of the way real quick.. 1997708-blond-hair-blue-eye-businessman-in-light-black-suit-smiling-with-his-hands-on-his-waist.jpg

NOW THERES A MAN! DRESSED THE WAY A REAL MAN SHOULD BE DRESSED!

Should be married w/ 2.5 children in a 2 story house and 2 car garage! Living the AMERICAN DREAM!.. 9-5 job monday to friday! Because the world works 9-5 you know!

Let's get it out of the way real quick.. 1997708-blond-hair-blue-eye-businessman-in-light-black-suit-smiling-with-his-hands-on-his-waist.jpg

NOW THERES A MAN! DRESSED THE WAY A REAL MAN SHOULD BE DRESSED!

Should be married w/ 2.5 children in a 2 story house and 2 car garage! Living the AMERICAN DREAM!.. 9-5 job monday to friday! Because the world works 9-5 you know!

ewwww

You know, I dont like it, and I agree with Xilo also. My OPINION is that guys dress as guys, and girls as girls. But screw opinions, as for some weird ass reason, on this forum they get blasted and torn to shreds. They can wear what they want, I just dont like it. It doesn't affect them that I dont like it, and it doesn't affect me what they do, only if I went to said school and ended up with some sort of yearbook, and 10 years down the line one of my kids got a hold of it and I had to explain why the boys are wearing skirts. I personally think that its weird, and the schools should not have caved. We have fought for the ability for the children in the school my daughters attended to force them to wear uniforms due to the type of clothing that was being worn. If it gave them the ability to dress like a boy I would be disappointed. Label me as a bigot, I dont care, just stating my opinion on the matter.

To both yourself and Xilo, I would advise against travelling to Scotland and saying your opinion out loud in a pub, might find yourselves in a bit of strife.

To both yourself and Xilo, I would advise against travelling to Scotland and saying your opinion out loud in a pub, might find yourselves in a bit of strife.

I would say that it's not some much the fact that they are uneducated, but maybe misinformed. Could be their dad teaching the old school train of thinking, or their religious leader feeding them their gospel, raised redneck style, or any number of things. I bet they are just young, as they get older they may start to see things a bit different.

Well then, i knew i would get flak, to you nominak, my kids are in public school, im neither religious nor a redneck.

Im glad i do not live in scotland. Thefe is a difference between a kilt and a skirt. Anything else? Everytime someone doesnt agree with with bomosexuality or this stupid lgbt **** he is a bigot or a redneck or some religious freak. But whatever. You people suffer from mob mentality. When one person is perceived as wrong you all jump on the bandwagon. Have fun.

Guys should wear guy clothes and women should wear women clothes.

Tell a Scot to take his "skirt" off and see how far you get. :laugh:

Does that even matter since they have been doing it for god knows how long? I am pretty sure that males identifying as females is a relatively new thing. Well not new as there have been gay people as long as people have walked the earth, I just dont understand this whole "even though I am physically female or male I want to dress like a female male" type thing. I have a brother thats gay, and he dresses like a dude. Since we all have PhD's in Physiology here, can anyone explain how a male can identify as being female? Or a female identify as being male?

I have a brother thats gay, and he dresses like a dude. Since we all have PhD's in Physiology here, can anyone explain how a male can identify as being female? Or a female identify as being male?

Gay and Transgender. 2 different things.

One likes the same sex.

The other feels as if they were born in the body opposite of how they physically feel.

Does that even matter since they have been doing it for god knows how long?

Aside from proving that males were wearing "skirts" before women were wearing them, and that they continue to wear their kilts today which seems to show that there is nothing unmanly about a skirt, just like there is nothing ungirly about jeans.

• Like 1

OK -- I'll gives up the bras. :laugh:

If you've got moobs, you probably want to keep them. Then again, my wife never wears one, so it isn't like they are absolutely necessary for anyone.

Gay and Transgender. 2 different things.

One likes the same sex.

The other feels as if they were born in the body opposite of how they physically feel.

Isn't there a 3rd option i.e those who just like women's clothes?

Aside from proving that males were wearing "skirts" before women were wearing them, and that they continue to wear their kilts today which seems to show that there is nothing unmanly about a skirt, just like there is nothing ungirly about jeans.

Yep, I've wanted to buy a kilt for myself for quite some time now, but a good one is EXPENSIVE, and it is hard to find one in the correct tartan for my family. I've even looked at getting a Utilikilt, but again they are VERY expensive. On the other hand, I generally think that women look awesome in a nice tight pair of Levis.

Thefe is a difference between a kilt and a skirt.

Other than slight differences in cut or style, what would that difference be exactly? I've seen several different styles of kilts, and there are probably lots that I haven't seen. I certainly can't see much if any difference between them and some of my wife's skirts.

OT: have you been getting my PMs?

Spoken like a typical Texan.

Don't know much about Austin, Texas, I see.

if you are a man, who wishes to be a woman

Then you need to hope for reincarnation, because you are still a male. The DNA rules supreme.

And earth was made in 6 days right?

I'm not religious in the slightest. I'm actually athiest.

A kilt is a traditional cultural piece of clothing. It's not the same as some guy going to a clothing store in the mall and buying a woman's skirt to wear.

Then you need to hope for reincarnation, because you are still a male. The DNA rules supreme.

And DNA is controlled by the spirit, which can change. ;)

A kilt is a traditional cultural piece of clothing. It's not the same as some guy going to a clothing store in the mall and buying a woman's skirt to wear.

Just so I'm clear, if it were a male's skirt it would be ok?

I know that in French we give genders to our nouns, but in reality what makes something gender specific? Right now you're only saying that it's wrong to buy a woman's skirt because I imagine you've come from a culture where guys wear trousers and girls wear skirts. Other cultures might have it the other way round (figuratively or literally speaking).

Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't see me wearing a skirt any time soon, but that's because I don't have the legs for it. But while it may not be for me, I can still see why people would want to wear skirts. It's just another piece of clothing, after all.

Just so I'm clear, if it were a male's skirt it would be ok?

I know that in French we give genders to our nouns, but in reality what makes something gender specific? Right now you're only saying that it's wrong to buy a woman's skirt because I imagine you've come from a culture where guys wear trousers and girls wear skirts. Other cultures might have it the other way round (figuratively or literally speaking).

Don't get me wrong, you wouldn't see me wearing a skirt any time soon, but that's because I don't have the legs for it. But while it may not be for me, I can still see why people would want to wear skirts. It's just another piece of clothing, after all.

If it was a piece of clothing designed for males, than yeah, no problem with that. Look at the Scottish. Their kilts are traditional clothing that's been worn for centuries and are designed for males. It's part of their culture and they aren't wearing them to try to be a "woman". Those are the key points.

If it was a piece of clothing designed for males, than yeah, no problem with that. Look at the Scottish. Their kilts are traditional clothing that's been worn for centuries and are designed for males. It's part of their culture and they aren't wearing them to try to be "woman". Those are the key points.

What if the guys aren't wearing the skirts to be like a woman? We're digressing to some degree, but it makes sense in connection with the article.

If a male student decides to wear a skirt to school, what is wrong with it? Does he need to say why he is wearing the skirt? If he does need to say, do you find there to be a difference between the answer of "I'm wearing it for the airflow" and "I'm wearing it because it makes me feel good about myself"?

I notice that you're still sticking with the idea that skirts are for girls, trousers are for boys. In fairness a similar mindset was popular in the Victorian times, but then one woman went against it and started wearing trousers. Now look where we are, trousers are worn by both genders!

Finally, how do you define "part of their culture"? I mean, do you imagine the first Scot to wear a kilt was mocked by his village? How long does something need to continue for before it becomes "part of the culture"? If I started wearing a skirt tomorrow, I may be mocked. But if the trend kicks off and 100 years from now all guys in Switzerland are wearing skirts, does that make it part of the culture, or does that just make us a bunch of weirdos?