Using Windows 8 RTM leak not all plain sailing

i'm sure by the time it goes on sale in october there will be working activation cracks like the windows 7 loader that has been out not many months after win7 went rtm.

Why crack it after it comes out? It's going to be so cheap.

i'm sure by the time it goes on sale in october there will be working activation cracks like the windows 7 loader that has been out not many months after win7 went rtm.

... or you could just buy the OS instead of worrying about activation cracks. $39 isn't exactly expensive.

... or you could just buy the OS instead of worrying about activation cracks. $39 isn't exactly expensive.

it could cost $2 and people will still want to pirate it :/, people dont like to spend money

it could cost $2 and people will still want to pirate it :/, people dont like to spend money

I know, it's pathetic how many think they're entitled to own the newest software - be it Windows, applications or games - for free.

• Like 3

I know, it's pathetic how many think they're entitled to own the newest software - be it Windows, applications or games - for free.

When it comes down to Windows the mindset is usually "Crappy monopolistic Microsoft and their ****ty software, I'm just going to pirate it because it's so ****!" (Note the heavy amounts of irony in that statement).

40 euros is really dirt cheap for a Pro version. I'm going to bite... twice! For my Laptop and Desktop :)

Why crack it after it comes out? It's going to be so cheap.

I didn't say I was going to crack it, this thread is about win8 protection. No UK price has been announced yet btw. Also that $40 is for an installer, most likely .exe or .msi not for an iso, you have to upgrade from within windows, you can format from within that installer apparently which is pretty good. $60 gets you a physical disc, i'm not sure if you can format hdd then install or if you have to install from within windows again.

There's no price for new installs btw, the $40/60 is for upgrades.

If you hdd dies and you replace it you won't have an earlier install of windows and wouldn't be able to use the installer and maybe not even the physical disc.

We'll have to wait for more details from microsoft.

• Like 1

Most people who would pirate it wouldn't have legitimate Windows licence to allow them to upgrade in the first place.

• Like 2

People can flame all they want but that's a seriously dog ugly, terrible looking UI. 7 looks so much more sleek, this windows 8 thing looks like X Window System or Win95 High Contrast on sterioids when not in Metro ( I'll hold my tongue on my metro views). I respect MS for trying to change things up but man they've got it so badly wrong in my view.

People can flame all they want but that's a seriously dog ugly, terrible looking UI. 7 looks so much more sleek, this windows 8 thing looks like X Window System on sterioids when not in Metro. I respect MS for trying to change things up but man they've got it so badly wrong in my view.

You act like metro is the whole O.S. When it's just an app launcher realistically.

I'm not joking when I say this but there are people who pirate 99cent games - heck, there are people who will spend hours/days/weeks pondering over whether they should spend $1.49 on a game/app for their smart phone.

Regarding the price - I hope that they make the discount globally (adjusted for exchange rate of course) to really get the ball rolling because the latest screenshots really have me interested in Windows 8.

Using the leak now and noticed some of the little changes since the Release Preview. "Metro" doesn't seem so annoying now for whatever reason. Not interested in cracks for it so now I have the "Activate Windows" hover thing now, very prominent compared to only on the desktop before but still doesn't matter. I plan on just running it till August 15 when I get my TechNet version to play with then I can do more testing and see if I really want it badly for the $40 which is nothing :)

So... correct me if I am misunderstanding something here: You applied a crack to Windows 8, and it is now not functioning properly? And somehow that's Windows 8's fault?

Sounds like the old joke "It hurts when I do this." "Well, don't do that."

Updated for this thread: "Stuff breaks when I apply a crack." "Well, don't apply the crack."

So... correct me if I am misunderstanding something here: You applied a crack to Windows 8, and it is now not functioning properly? And somehow that's Windows 8's fault?

Sounds like the old joke "It hurts when I do this." "Well, don't do that."

Updated for this thread: "Stuff breaks when I apply a crack." "Well, don't apply the crack."

He's not blaming Windows 8 O.o Where did you get that? He's merely informing us that the current leak has flaws most likely due to the applied workaround. XD

• Like 1

He's not blaming Windows 8 O.o Where did you get that? He's merely informing us that the current leak has flaws most likely due to the applied workaround. XD

From the title of the thread. "Using Windows 8 RTM leak not all plain sailing". Definitely implies that Windows 8 comes broken out of the box in some way. 'Using Windows 8 RTM Activation Workaround not all plain sailing" would put the blame where it lies.

But yes, I agree with you on 'flaws most likely due to the applied workaround.' That was my question, *does* it work if you don't apply 'the workaround'?

From the title of the thread. "Using Windows 8 RTM leak not all plain sailing". Definitely implies that Windows 8 comes broken out of the box in some way. 'Using Windows 8 RTM Activation Workaround not all plain sailing" would put the blame where it lies.

But yes, I agree with you on 'flaws most likely due to the applied workaround.' That was my question, *does* it work if you don't apply 'the workaround'?

Maybe it's just the fact the we interpreted the title differently. Personally, I think that the mere mention of leak is enough to understand that the flaw is because of the fact that it's a leak and most probably not a problem of the OS itself.

I haven't downloaded the leak yet since my Olympic games downloads are my priority right now :p but iirc, the workaround is already on the image which skips the part where you need a key to install the OS. (those who have downloaded it can correct me if I'm wrong)

• Like 1

Maybe it's just the fact the we interpreted the title differently. Personally, I think that the mere mention of leak is enough to understand that the flaw is because of the fact that it's a leak and most probably not a problem of the OS itself.

I haven't downloaded the leak yet since my Olympic games downloads are my priority right now :p but iirc, the workaround is already on the image which skips the part where you need a key to install the OS. (those who have downloaded it can correct me if I'm wrong)

It's all good. I'm just still shaking my head that an administrator of NeoWin is discussing and encouraging piracy and hacking.

• Like 2

What is with you people?

Some of us want to crack because we don't want to wait until 26th October. Every single one of you is speaking as if you can already buy a legitimate Windows 8 key right this very moment. Newsflash: We can't.

Activation cracks for RTM are about unlocking the full use of Windows 8 RTM, not necessarily because we don't want to pay for it.

You act like metro is the whole O.S. When it's just an app launcher realistically.

Have you seen the main Desktop UI? It has ugly block colours.

What is wrong with you people?

Some of us want to crack because we don't want to wait until 26th October. Every single one of you is speaking as if you can already buy a legitimate Windows 8 key right this very moment. Newsflash: We can't.

Activation cracks for RTM are about unlocking the full use of Windows 8 RTM, not necessarily because we don't want to pay for it.

Did you read the posts? It started here:

It's not about using the RTM ahead of schedule XD

Oh right. Well yeah, that's fair enough. I don't see how that guy specifically incited that he was going to do that though. We've heard activation cracks being discussed in the manner of "damn pirates, cheapskates" for ages. Can we not make a discussion on activation that relates to activating it before it comes out officially? That sounds much more fun to me.