How to sync Outlook calendar with Windows 8 Calendar app

I just installed Windows 8 and I am wondering how to sync the Office (2010/2013) calendar with the build in Windows 8 calendar app. In this way I can see in the app-tile my Outlook appointments.

You can't sync it really. Ideally you're using a hotmail calendar and then you'd add that account to the Mail app, too.

That's kinda lame. There's lots of people using Outlook and would like to see in the tile their appointments I'd say.

Will this be fixed/enhanced you think between now and/or Aug 15 and/or October 26?

Not having dug into the SDK much yet, I don't think you could access local data files (such as your Outlook PST) from a Metro Windows RT style app. You will have to use something like EAS that both Outlook and the Calendar app support.

Maybe Microsoft will bring it in on an update to the beta of Office 2013 or in the final. Just one more reason to upgrade...

Why not just use the calendar from cloud services (i.e. hotmail, outlook.com)?

You get the exact functionality you want, and you don't need to be on your local machine to check your calendar.

I seriously doubt PST access is going to happen from Microsoft in a metro app.

I have an Outlook/pst file with tons of emails and folders and would not have it migrated/exported - if possible anyhow - to hotmail, outlook.com

Why not just use the calendar from cloud services (i.e. hotmail, outlook.com)?

You get the exact functionality you want, and you don't need to be on your local machine to check your calendar.

I seriously doubt PST access is going to happen from Microsoft in a metro app.

This. Hotmail, Google calendar, or Microsoft Exchange through work....I forgot that people had local calendars....

I do have an iCloud calendar which syncs via a party tool to my Outlook cal.

So I guess I can use iCloud - if supported?

• 3 weeks later...