Amazing Spider-Man 2

Finally watched the first one. It was okay, I liked it better than any from Raimi's trilogy. What I didn't like was the really poor villain, and for a movie that tries making a point about not taking things personally and doing stuff for the greater good, they really made the story and characters too compact (Gwen is working for the lizard guy, her dad is the main cop guy, oh how convenient) and the story gets too grim at times (there was no need to kill off Gwen's dad). But it featured a few moments which to me were the highlights of Spider-Man on film, when he's playing Frozen Bubble while waiting in the sewers (Xperia placement aside), and Stan Lee's cameo in the school library, both were hilarious.

A few of the action scenes were also really well done and using the POV shots was also great, because that's basically what everyone as a kid loves about Spider-Man and they recognized that potential, it has that classic movie magic feel to it at times, and I wish they focused more on that (and basically made it more for the kids), than forcing grim and "real" situations in a universe which has a giant lizard-man running around.

Looks better than the masked one from Spider-Man (2002).

In spite of that being just a tremendous waste of Willem Dafoe, that picture looks like Spike from BTVS.

In spite of that being just a tremendous waste of Willem Dafoe, that picture looks like Spike from BTVS.

Haha, that's true :p And yeah, it wasn't Willem Dafoe's best performance. He was great as Osborn, but the Green Goblin was terrible if you ask me.

And here I was thinking that Doctor Octopus looked pretty terrible in Spider-man 2...

IS THAT RHINO? FOR REAL? :| Who's directing this, Michael Bay? It looks straight out of Transformers, in the worst sense possible.

Elektro is doing his best Cole MacGrath impression there.

• Like 2

And here I was thinking that Doctor Octopus looked pretty terrible in Spider-man 2...

IS THAT RHINO? FOR REAL? :| Who's directing this, Michael Bay? It looks straight out of Transformers, in the worst sense possible.

Elektro is doing his best Cole MacGrath impression there.

I dislike it at the moment well but I expect to have my opinion blown away after having seen the film, haha.

I believe everyone actually expected the Rhino from the comic books. It kinda feels like Venom all over again.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - OFFICIAL Trailer

This trailer has me pumped! LOADS better than the previous trilogy and the ongoing story about his father is definitely interesting. Also, nice easter-eggs in that laboratory!

The way he moves over objects like a spider and how he basically moves while in costume is just awesome. It's definitely CGI heavy, but I think it's really needed to be able to make a proper Spider-Man movie. There isn't an actor who's as acrobatic as Spider-Man is. And to be honest, Andrew Garfield is the best Peter Parker/Spider-Man if you ask me. He's what Christian Bale is to Bruce Wayne/Batman. Perfect casting.

Those easter-eggs just scream "Sinister Six in part 3" tbh. But wouldn't that be too many villains in 1 film? :p