Amazing Spider-Man 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not talking about just here, I mean in general.   The movie going population seems to be losing interest in spiderman flicks as time goes on, each one is bringing in less money, in the US, than the one before it.   The reboot didn't make it over $300m when the first one topped $400m at the box office.   This seems to be the trend and I wouldn't be surprised if this sequel does less as well.

I've been thinking the same thing.  To be entirely honest, I don't think what Sony is doing with the Spider-Man movies is all that good.  The Tobey Maguire movies had moments that were VERY campy and I think this turned some people off...  As for the Reboot movies, I find Andrew Garfield very annoying personally (And a lot of people I've talked to agree).  Add to that the unnecessarily changed origin and storylines, and it turned a lot of the fans off as well.  I think that's the risk of changing things around for no reason.

I1ZY.jpg

That's a pretty significant tease:

Sony Pictures has released eight more images from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, including one photo that could hint at the villain ? or, rather, villains ? for the third installment of director Marc Webb?s rebooted franchise: the Sinister Six.

In Marvel comics, Doctor Octopus assembled the original Sinister Six ? Vulture, Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio and Sandman ? to defeat their nemesis Spider-Man. Obviously, the effort failed, but the Sinister Six (or Seven, or Twelve) returned again and again over the decades with an ever-changing roster that has included Hobgoblin, Beetle, Shocker, Chameleon, Lizard and even Venom. The Amazing Spider-Man already boasts Jamie Foxx as Electro, Paul Giamatti as The Rhino, Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn and Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn, so they?re just two members short.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Despite the assault on Oscorp Tower two weeks ago and the revelation that disgruntled Oscorp employee, Dr. Curt Connors, was responsible for the attack, Oscorp?s stock has climbed four points. 

Oscorp spokesman Douglas Menken provided some details from the meeting, including that the construction on the prototype alternative energy power plant, complete with hydroelectric tower, is on schedule for completion within the next year. 

Other highlights included a preview of a flight harness for the military and significant advancements in robotics by the head of the engineering division, Spencer Smythe.

Flight Harness = Vulture?

Tower = Hydro-Man

Spencer = Spider Slayers

To be honest, I don't really care about any of those upcoming Villians. I just want to know when Venom gets here. XD

IF he's going to be part of this film trilogy. If he is, they better make him look the way he should look.

IF he's going to be part of this film trilogy. If he is, they better make him look the way he should look.

Agreed. Am I the only one who remembers the sneak peak that the director snuck in via twitter? Something about a Canister or something. That Canister supposely carries the Symbiote. 

Agreed. Am I the only one who remembers the sneak peak that the director snuck in via twitter? Something about a Canister or something. That Canister supposely carries the Symbiote.

Yeah he snuck a fair few stuff in

The director Tweeted the picture below, a locker numbered 14, with the hashtag #happybirthday, which ComingSoon have pointed out is the locker number at Oscorp where the Venom symbiote is kept in the fan-favourite Ultimate Spider-Man comic-book series.

1381863094.jpg

Just a thought, maybe that's the ending shot of Amazing Spiderman 2. Some guy (maybe Eddie Brock or Flash Thompson) breaks into the Oscorp lab. You see the shadow of him, and he opens the locker. Then you 'll see like the shadow being consumed by the Symbiote.. Ohhh man.. would that be awesome or what. 

Yeah he snuck a fair few stuff in

The director Tweeted the picture below, a locker numbered 14, with the hashtag #happybirthday, which ComingSoon have pointed out is the locker number at Oscorp where the Venom symbiote is kept in the fan-favourite Ultimate Spider-Man comic-book series.

1381863094.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But the way you want it to go sounds forced and too easy. Like, why is he breaking in? Why does he want to open that locker specifically? Does he know what the stuff in the canister is? I'd much rather see him changing into Venom by accident.

Not sure what you mean by forced. I was just saying it could be a cool ending. It would an ending that teases Venom for The Amazing Spiderman 3. Mind you I just thought it up in like 5 seconds and I don't have a team of writers in the room. 

I mean that it would be too forced as in; Eddie Brock needs to be Venom, lets just have him break in, grab the canister and let him throw the Symbiote on him. I didn't mean you have to have writers in your room. You made it sound like you wanted exactly that to be the ending so I felt like wanting to give my opinion. And you have to agree; having him just breaking in, magically opening the exact locker with the symbiote in it, isn't really exciting at all. It's Eddie Brock, everyone knows by know that he has been Venom. That's why they have to be creative about how to make him Venom in these new movies.

As an ending it could be cool to see Eddy turn into Venom, but it shouldn't be forced like that. I think that making it some kind of an unexpected accident would be nicer.

To be honest, I don't really care about any of those upcoming Villians. I just want to know when Venom gets here. XD 

Quoted for teh truth both of yas!

Can we agree on this:

venom_hi_crop.jpg

And my personal favs:

venom_by_aerlixir-d48li9a.jpg

venom_wip_by_danluvisiart-d5ueshr.jpg

Bad ass, like he should, not that pansy ass raimi cooked up ( not the actor, the character, I thought the actor wasn't THAT bad ).

I mean that it would be too forced as in; Eddie Brock needs to be Venom, lets just have him break in, grab the canister and let him throw the Symbiote on him. I didn't mean you have to have writers in your room. You made it sound like you wanted exactly that to be the ending so I felt like wanting to give my opinion. And you have to agree; having him just breaking in, magically opening the exact locker with the symbiote in it, isn't really exciting at all. It's Eddie Brock, everyone knows by know that he has been Venom. That's why they have to be creative about how to make him Venom in these new movies.

As an ending it could be cool to see Eddy turn into Venom, but it shouldn't be forced like that. I think that making it some kind of an unexpected accident would be nicer.

So what 'accident' like what happened in Spiderman 3? Maybe there was intel that was leaked through Oscorp, and somehow Brock got his hands on those files? Maybe another company out there knows about the Symbiote as well? So then he sneaks in to get it for the other company to get paid more but instead, the Symbiote takes over while Brock is trying to get it. :P. 

So what 'accident' like what happened in Spiderman 3? Maybe there was intel that was leaked through Oscorp, and somehow Brock got his hands on those files? Maybe another company out there knows about the Symbiote as well? So then he sneaks in to get it for the other company to get paid more but instead, the Symbiote takes over while Brock is trying to get it. :p.

That sounds better than your previous idea, but still a bit forced :p

A new viral site tied to "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" has leaked hints about the appearance of famed villains Venom and Hobgoblin in the new Spider-Man continuity.

The site is called The Daily Bugle Tumblr and boasts an article by comic character Ned Leeds. The same article mentions fellow comic characters Donald Menken and attorney Anne Weying.

In the comics, both Leeds and Menken tie into the first Hobgoblin storyline. Weying on the other hand is the ex-wife of Eddie Brock, the character who would become Venom.

In the article, it's mentioned that Weying is the defense attorney of Dr. Curt Connors (Rhys Ifans) following events of the first film. Menken is a Oscorp spokesman commenting on the case.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/29348/venom-hobgoblin-in-amazing-spider-man-2