Get together on a dedicated server?

Question

I've thought out this just a bit lately, but would anyone be interested in getting together on a dedicated server from somewhere? Here's what we could get with about 30 people on this:

Amd Athlon 2000+

1GB Ram

CPanel

3.75GB Space :blink:

65.625GB of Bandwidth (Multi-honed)

Unlimited MySQL DBs/FTP accounts/domains/subdomains

$5/month each

If you're interested, please fill out the form here: http://www.timdorr.com/dedicated.php

It'd just be us on our own, so it'd be up to me and/or someone else to manage the thing. The advantage is lots of cheap space, the disadvantage is not having the complete managed support you may be used to. However, you have neowin for that ;)

Edit: Updated the specs to the latest quote.

If we are looking to give out our space to others, correct me if I am wrong, but wont we need a IP address or two? Could you provide that for us?

It depends, will tim apply for private nameserver or just those of fdcservers.

Will I be able to control bandwidth on a file/directory basis? It's just that I am thinking of mirroring a few (empahsis on few - meaning one or two) downloads and I don't want to be shelling out too many MBs, so I was thinking I could slow the speed down a bit.

Sure, I guess. Just to let everyone know: I think I'm full on space. I wanna wait a bit to see what usage is going to be like when people get on the server, and if there's free space/bandwidth, we can add some more people. But until then, I'm waiting on adding more people...

Sure, I guess. Just to let everyone know: I think I'm full on space. I wanna wait a bit to see what usage is going to be like when people get on the server, and if there's free space/bandwidth, we can add some more people. But until then, I'm waiting on adding more people...

Any idea how long until you know when you can add new people? How many are on the box right now?

Man, too bad i came in so late! I signed up on your page with my email and whatnot, drop me a line if you want more people. I could really use a few blocks of this...

thanx,

Clayton Davis

damit looks like i also missed out

if u have any spare spots let me know

fonts

Goto alpha.timdorr.com and see. I think there might be a couple of blocks left, but if there isn't, just sign up for one anyway and I think you'll be put on the waiting list.