Sign in to follow this  

Windows 8 Synaptics Touchpad Drivers

Denis W.    723

So there are a few manufacturers - Lenovo and Toshiba - who have posted Windows 8-specific touchpad drivers for users of their laptops. Problem is you couldn't take those drivers and install them on other laptops. Furthermore Synaptics have yet to post Windows 8 compatible drivers on their site.

The existing v15 drivers on http://www.synaptics...sources/drivers will install in Windows 8, but with one major problem - for Metro apps which aren't built on HTML+JS, you can't scroll. You need v16 drivers, like those posted by Lenovo and Toshiba above.

Thanks to this tip the ever useful station-drivers page does have v16 drivers, which will restore scrolling in Metro apps, and in addition grant edge gestures - swiping from the right edge for charms, left edge to switch apps, and the top edge for the action bar.

In practice the gestures don't work too well. There is a tip in this page if you want to disable them after installing the drivers.

• Like 1

0nyX    259

I am clicking on the disk picture but the download doesnt start.

Server not found message.

Edit:Solved. It was one of my Firefox extensions preventing the download from starting.

Edited by 0nyX

Omen1393    16

This is awesome, seriously this is a night and day difference on how my track pad is, it actually makes my track pad work as well as a mac's