We want to revamp the Subscriber Perks and we want your input!

LaP

The ability to ignore some users comments (and their replies) made in the news section.

• Like 1
Glassed Silver

The ability to ignore some users comments (and their replies) made in the news section.

Actually you have that ability.

Glassed Silver:mac

Brandon H

I would like to see an option to NOT have my name in yellow with the + in front of it. I think the biggest perk is no-adverts. I don't feel like I need my username to get special recognition for that.

there's already an option to be an anonymous subscriber
TCA

a) Only if you still have a normal option. I already havea t-shirt and I don't need a new one + shipping every year haha :laugh:

b) They are of horrible, horrible quality. Change the manufacturer first. I was greatly disappointed.

Glassed Silver:ios

They should, have the logo on the front and "Powered by Hampsters" on the back or different ones for selection. :laugh:

• Like 1
Geoffrey B.

Custom Subscriber shirts rather than the standard shirts :p

• Like 4
Biotoxic_hazard_835

I love what I have as a Subscriber already but it would be awesome to get a Neowin t-shirt when I renew my subs next year. And like remixedcat said bring me some strong coffe with plenty of sugar.

Brandon H

speaking of shirts, why have we still heard nothing about what became of that last competition from back in July?

• Like 1
Yusuf M.

I would like to see an option to NOT have my name in yellow with the + in front of it. I think the biggest perk is no-adverts. I don't feel like I need my username to get special recognition for that.

That option already exists in the form of an anonymous subscription. You get the benefits of being a tier 2 subscriber but without the yellow name and shiny badge.

neufuse

just throwing this out there..... personal meet and greet with Steve... you'd jump subscription rates 10 fold to find out he is a real person not a cyborg

• Like 4
Glassed Silver

just throwing this out there..... personal meet and greet with Steve... you'd jump subscription rates 10 fold to find out he is a real person not a cyborg

But he isn't, so as a followup to the massive disappointment there would be a severe drop as aftermath.

• Like 1
shakey

How about Steve just goes over to your house and cleans for a weekend :p I'd sign up for that.

• Like 5
Biotoxic_hazard_835

How about Steve just goes over to your house and cleans for a weekend :p I'd sign up for that.

Me too

neufuse

oOoOo a new contest idea... person who raises the most money for neowin gets Steve for a day as your personal cleaning slave :rofl:

Glassed Silver

oOoOo a new contest idea... person who raises the most money for neowin gets Steve for a day as your personal cleaning slave :rofl:

Naked?

I'd send him over to some lonely girls then, guess I can get that without sending money to Neowin though. :laugh:

• Like 1
Marshall

To hell with cleaning. I need a good man to replace the siding on my house. Also, my guttering needs replaced.

Oh, and if there's time, I need him to finish my basement. No biggie, just drywall and tile floors. :p

• Like 3
neufuse

Naked?

I'd send him over to some lonely girls then, guess I can get that without sending money to Neowin though. :laugh:

you trying to say you are a lonely girl? :shifty:

To hell with cleaning. I need a good man to replace the siding on my house. Also, my guttering needs replaced.

Oh, and if there's time, I need him to finish my basement. No biggie, just drywall and tile floors. :p

gawd me too, hey why don't we pitch in together and get him to come do both our houses

• Like 1
Glassed Silver

you trying to say you are a lonely girl? :shifty:

gawd me too, hey why don't we pitch in together and get him to come do both our houses

Oh God no... this is getting out of hand... :laugh:

Azusa

One thing you could do is make a downloadable archive of "that" thread every year!

• Like 1
Glassed Silver

One thing you could do is make a downloadable archive of "that" thread every year!

Which special thread?

remixedcat

I need a lot of work done to my house as well LOL.... it's a mess. my house has problems and some celings missing but I got HARDCORE COVERAGE ACCESS POINTS AND ROUTERS FROM AMPED WIRELESS!!! and a HARDCORE SYSTEM!!!

• Like 2
Glassed Silver

I need a lot of work done to my house as well LOL.... it's a mess. my house has problems and some celings missing but I got HARDCORE COVERAGE ACCESS POINTS AND ROUTERS FROM AMPED WIRELESS!!! and a HARDCORE SYSTEM!!!

As Confucius once said:

A good rig can distract you from a sh*tty house.

A good house can't distract you from a sh*tty rig though.

• Like 2
metallithrax

Which special thread?

Nobody mentioned a special thread, you have now alerted the non-subscribers to the babes thread.

remixedcat

As Confucius once said:

Ha ha,,, so true both ways ^_^

Glassed Silver

Nobody mentioned a special thread, you have now alerted the non-subscribers to the babes thread.

Lies.......

There is no such thread... :shiftyninja:

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft backpedals on Xbox Live Gold pricing, free-to-play games won't require subscription
      by Usama Jawad

A few hours ago, Microsoft received massive backlash for increasing the price of its Xbox Live Gold program for new customers. It announced that the price of a one-month subscription is increasing by $1 to $10.99, and price of a three-month membership is increasing by $5 to $29.99, and a six-month membership is now $59.99 - which was previously the cost of its annual membership.

Following feedback from users of the service, Microsoft has now backpedaled on the decision.

In a statement on the original blog post, the firm has announced that it will not be implementing the new price model, and that the price of Xbox Live Gold membership will remain the same. It stated that:

A notable change coming to the program is that you will not require a subscription to play free-to-play games like Fortnite or Call of Duty: Warzone. This will make the service more in line with Sony's competing PlayStation Plus program. However, this modification to the program is not immediately available and Microsoft will be working to deliver it "in the coming months".

When Microsoft announced the new pricing model a few hours ago, many believed that it was designed to push gamers to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which is arguably a better value proposition, but at $14.99/month. However, the price hike was considered to be in bad optics considering that the company is not adding any new features to the service, and free-to-play games still require a premium membership unlike Sony's PlayStation Plus. With the subscription model now reverted to the original and now packing a major improvement, it remains to be seen how the firm will entice users to join the Game Pass Ultimate program.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Eero adds content filters and more controls to its Secure subscription service
      by Jay Bonggolto

Today, Eero introduced new features to its Secure subscription service that give customers more ways to control the type of content that can be accessed on their Eero networks. These include new content filters, ad blocking, and data usage insights.

The fresh content filtering system now allows parents to set restrictions for social media, YouTube, gaming, and streaming sites on individual devices. This complements the service's existing mature content and SafeSearch filters that can be set on a per-user basis, meaning you can designate restrictions to each family member based on age.

In addition to content filters, Eero has also launched the Block and Allow Sites feature. It basically lets you prevent certain types of websites from showing up on individual devices in your Eero network. "Allow", on the other hand, eases restrictions on websites that are otherwise blocked.

Eero's native ad-blocker for its Secure subscription has also received new improvements. Its list of advertisers will be updated in real time moving forward.

If you want to view the data usage of all devices connected to your Eero network, Eero Secure now provides daily, weekly, and monthly insights of that information. You can also see data usage by profile in order to monitor each family member's network consumption. Finally, Secure+ has added 1Password, Malwarebytes, and Encrypt.me to its suite of security services to help secure your device outside your Eero network.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order comes to EA Play on November 10
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Electronic Art's EA Play is receiving a popular game next week, with Respawn Entertainment's Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order joining the subscription programs almost a year after its original release.

EA Play, formerly known as EA Access and Origin Access, is EA's multiplatform game subscription service that's currently available across Origin, Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. The new arrival is heading towards EA Play subscribers across all these platforms, and more, on November 10.

Notably, this is good news for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate holders, as this is the same day that the EA Play service gets added into the Ultimate platform as a bonus on the Xbox One family and the next-gen Xbox Series X|S - which are also releasing on November 10. Those without an Ultimate subscription on Xbox will still be able to subscribe to EA Play separately.

The Xbox Game Pass for PC subscription is set to gain EA Play at no extra charge as well, but this is slated to happen sometime in December.

For those who are in the dark about this Star Wars adventure, here's how Respawn Entertainment describes the title:

EA Play is available for $4.99 per month across all aforementioned platforms, coming in with a large library of Electronic Arts-published titles, a 10% discount on games by the company, and in-game benefits. The PC version of the subscription on Origin, however, also adds on a selection of third-party games, and there's a $14.99 per month Pro version of the service that includes new games from the publisher.

Update: Edited to clarify that EA Play will still be available as a standalone service on Xbox consoles.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Uplay+ to become Ubisoft+, also heading to Google Stadia and Amazon Luna
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Uplay+, the PC game subscription program Ubisoft launched last year, is going through a rebranding. Following November 10, the service will become Ubisoft+ and also take initial steps to shed its PC exclusivity. According to Ubisoft, a beta for Amazon Luna will kick off on November 10, and Google Stadia users are slated to gain access before 2021.

During the beta period for Luna, only the original $14.99 Ubisoft+ subscription will be required to gain access to the games on the service without needing an additional fee. The same offer will extend to the upcoming Stadia version, and even those with the free version of the Google service will be able to utilize their Ubisoft+ subscription to play games from the publisher.

The subscription's features aren't changing, with subscribers having complete access to almost the entirety of Ubisoft's catalog, both brand new and classics. On PC, this amounts to over 100 games, though on the streaming services side, it sounds like Ubisoft will be growing the library over time, with newer titles like Watch Dogs: Legion, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, and Immortals Fenyx Rising landing soon. Some games, like Valhalla, will also include cross-progression, so players can jump between their preferred platforms easily.

This announcement arrives soon after the recent reveal of Ubisoft Connect, a new service combining the efforts of Uplay and Ubisoft Club into one that's available across all platforms.

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Apple Music for Android appears to confirm the Apple One bundle
      by Jay Bonggolto

A report surfaced last month claiming that Apple was planning to introduce a set of subscription bundle for its services with a tiered approach. The cheapest tier would reportedly include Apple Music and Apple TV+ while the more expensive one would combine Apple Arcade, Apple News+, and additional iCloud storage.

Today, a new report appears to corroborate that claim. 9to5Google says a string of code it found in the latest beta version of Apple Music for Android contains mentions of Apple One, seemingly confirming its existence. Version 3.4.0 of the music app also reveals that the subscription service is internally codenamed “aristotle".

The presence of the code string in the app also indicates that Apple Music will be offered as a part of Apple One. In addition, Apple mentioned that subscribers won't be charged for both subscriptions. However, you may not be allowed to manage or renew your Apple One subscription from the Apple Music app on Android.

There's no mention of the bundle's pricing. Nonetheless, it is expected to debut at an Apple event on September 15, when the tech giant will unveil a new Apple Watch and iPad.

Source: 9to5Google