sanctified

Wow you are really being serious...

The date Dec. 21, 2012 was calculated by MODERN archaeologist based on the Mayans calendar

Correction, it was MIScalculated by ONE group of modern archeologist.

The real date, according to many institutions is around 2200.

Growled

^ I read somewhere that they had found Mayan prophecies that were in 4700 or something like that.

oliver182

Correction, it was MIScalculated by ONE group of modern archeologist.

The real date, according to many institutions is around 2200.

Source please

Noir Angel

So we're arguing about which crazy prophecy isn't going to happen first? :p

• Like 1
Growled

So we're arguing about which crazy prophecy isn't going to happen first? :p

Yes. :D

• Like 2
lkernan

It's be like saying the world will end on december 31 2099 according to Microsoft because Windows doesn't support any dates past that.

Imagine if people in 2098 really do predict the end of the world in 2099 because someone literally dug up an ancient copy of Windows 95!

sanctified

Source please

http://science.slashdot.org/story/09/10/26/1517242/2012-a-miscalculation-actual-calendar-ends-2220 here's a translation, the original article is in dutch.

But even our own government (Mexico) has denied the 2012 date. I'm pretty sure we mexicans know a little about mayans.

ramonsjc

Its a good excuse to stock up on guns and ammo!

+Raze

I just want this sorted out...do I send Christmas cards or not?

• Like 1
44MLX

If we see 2013, I wonder how long it would take for someone to come up with a new theory of when the world will end!

Growled

I just want this sorted out...do I send Christmas cards or not?

Send them end of the world cards instead. I'm sure they'll understand. :D

• Like 1
FloatingFatMan

I can't wait to see what the surviving loonies have to say for themselves on the 22nd. :p

TPreston

I can't wait to see what the surviving loonies have to say for themselves on the 22nd. :p

It'll be like Obama's victory all over again, Been looking forward to this for ages lol

YouWhat

If the Mayans was that good at predicting the future, they really screwed up about the spanish coming, don't you think?

Klownicle

I asked for the day off from work, i'm going to hudle inside from all the nutcases. And watch the mayhem on the webz.

Luis Mazza

I wonder why an idiot would kill himself before the world ends some days from now? Thus a stupid like that really deserves to kill himself anyway.

Unfortunately, they'll end up only preparing themselves for the NEXT end of the world. :)

Growled

I asked for the day off from work, i'm going to hudle inside from all the nutcases. And watch the mayhem on the webz.

Tell us how that goes. :D

compl3x

Always fun to watch people try to explain why they were wrong and we're not all dead.

It doesn't help that every ****in' news program, current affairs program, and variety/morning show has been talking about this stupid thing all year.

Clirion

Always fun to watch people try to explain why they were wrong and we're not all dead.

It doesn't help that every ****in' news program, current affairs program, and variety/morning show has been talking about this stupid thing all year.

I have figured out what the whole thing is. The Golden Child will eat the last Twinkie known to man.

So all we have to do is get the Golden Child Not to eat the Twinkie on the 21st and we are good :)

I know, Eddie Murphy will be perfect to find that Child :)

zeta_immersion

everyone protect neowin and the pron stash ... everything else can bun and go extinct