Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

I've been playing with the latest dev release of CraftBukkit today (1.7.2-r0.1-20131208.043839-24), along with a couple of plugins - FreeTeleport  and DynMap. All seems to work quite well, although with only a single player online, and it's not a 1.7.3 server.

I'll leave it up to Louisifer to get Bukkit plus desired plug-ins up and running. Though I'd rather wait for a beta release.

I have never set up a bukkit server so I'd rather wait for beta for 1.7.3 and find out what plugins and settings we need :P

Sure thing. This is my first time playing with Bukkit, and it was easy to setup. However, I have no idea on what is required to transfer a current world into Bukkit.

the only think i can think of that i would like to see with bukkit is the dyna map as well as the auto backups. thats about the only things i can think of.

I wonder why all the pre-release stuff was calling it 1.7.3 and they released it as 4. What else did they change other than the logo, twitch.tv support, and render distance?

• Added integrated Twitch broadcasting! See below for details.
  • Fixed render distances above 8 (may not work in multiplayer, servers have their own view distance they limit you to)
  • Many bug fixes and optimizations!

thats all i can find on their website.

1.7.4 Changelog:

General
  • One-click Twitch streaming
    • Can stream your microphone
    • In-game chat which can be used without using in-game streaming
    • Chat can be configured to only show chat from certain users
    • There are hotkeys to start, stop, pause the stream - Pausing the stream will mute the mic and show an image or screen
    • There are advanced quality settings, usually the stream will auto adjust while sticking close to preferences
    • Twitch server to stream to can be selected from a list with bandwidth tests
    • Stream adjusts to window size changes automatically
    • Only works on some OS/OpenGL/hardware configurations and with Twitch-connected Mojang accounts
Gameplay
  • Added and changed many minor things

• Changed the Mojang splash screen
    • When dismounting entities players are no longer moved as far
    • Realms servers now use the owner's skin's face for server icon
    • Improved tab behavior: If all auto-completable options begin the same, tab will fill up the beginning - Example: /gamerule doM completes to /gamerule doMob
    • The Sharpness enchantment is now reflected in the "Attack Damage" value in tooltips
    • 1.7.2 servers can be joined with 1.7.4 clients
  • Fixed some bugs

• Fixed the decreased render distance
    • Fixed being unable to take screenshots in chat and inventories
    • Fixed some lost efficiency in world generation, it should now be 7.5% faster
    • Fixed a server performance issue causing chunk lookups to become slower for no good reason
    • Fixed players becoming invisible after relogging instead of respawning right away
    • Fixed some texts being untranslatable
    • Fixed being able to duplicate Flowers using Flower Pots
    • Fixed right-clicking Flower Pots with certain plants in them while holding another plant replacing the placed one
    • Fixed Cacti having gaps when viewed in the inventory
    • Fixed enchanted items breaking the inventory UI and status effect display
    • Fixed items with enchantment effect causing blocks and potion effects indicator to not render
    • Fixed a graphical glitch with Beacon effects in the inventory screen
    • Fixed the enchantment glow taking up the entire slot
    • Fixed damaged armor, tools & weapons placed in certain inventory slots causing other slots to go black
    • Fixed Stained Glass/Ice not appearing translucent when held
    • Fixed draw order-related graphical errors involving Stained Glass
    • Fixed the Stained Glass texture being different when in Creative Mode Survival Inventory
    • Fixed glitchy item borders with Mipmapping and Anisotropic Filtering activated
    • Fixed transparent blocks rendering additional faces at region borders
    • Fixed the flipped textures, for example on Doors and Beds
    • Fixed Water being too transparent, Water surface can now be seen from underneath again
    • Fixed misaligned textures on non-full blocks onsouth and east faces
    • Fixed a rendering glitch when looking at Water through Stained Glass
    • Fixed particles rendering behind the block-breaking texture
    • Fixed some entities causing massive rendering issues
    • Fixed the arrow texture in the Furnace GUI not behaving as expected based on the graphic
    • Fixed other windows' position and size affecting the game's window's position and size
    • Fixed left and right click becoming stuck on OS X
    • Fixed the game no longer supporting OS X' fullscreen feature
    • Fixed being able to sticky keys using cmd on OS X
    • Fixed the Adventuring Time achievement not working
    • Fixed multiple background songs playing at the same time
    • Fixed everything rarely going completely dark with the Night Vision effect
    • Fixed the SetSlot packet no longer being able to set the item under the cursor
    • Fixed the Unicode font being illegible in fullscreen mode
    • Fixed the Unicode font text shadow in fullscreen mode
    • Fixed the Unicode font not showing properly
    • Fixed the Unicode font mapping a korean character wrongly (? instead of ?)
    • Fixed a few crashes
Mobs
  • Baby Zombies and Baby Zombie Pigmen

• Will now rarely spawn riding a chicken which it controls to avoid fall damage and move around
  • Sheep

• When named "jeb_", they will now smoothly cycle through all colors - this does not affect the actual color

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/1sjeq7/minecraft_174_has_been_released/

I wonder why all the pre-release stuff was calling it 1.7.3 and they released it as 4. What else did they change other than the logo, twitch.tv support, and render distance?

thats all i can find on their website.

Beta 1.7.3 is popularly known as the last version that had the Far Lands, I think they just wanted to shift past that number for easier search results.

Um, i jumped down some portal in the end.. and now I am stuck in some dirt wall scrolling endless text. what happened?

You'll need to read the whole thing.   Or just hit enter...

Um, i jumped down some portal in the end.. and now I am stuck in some dirt wall scrolling endless text. what happened?

Those are the credits :P

Minecraft is exactly as taxing as you want it to be. :) The server is helped by the fact that a lot of us (big ups to Louisifer) have put a lot of effort into making the server what it is. Plenty of help to get you started if you join in now.

Minecraft is exactly as taxing as you want it to be. :) The server is helped by the fact that a lot of us (big ups to Louisifer) have put a lot of effort into making the server what it is. Plenty of help to get you started if you join in now.

I mean on the CPU, the server has always been great.

Ah right, gotcha.

I don't think it's changed any recently. I believe that Jeb has made some mention of improving the performance in coming releases however.

I mean on the CPU, the server has always been great.

Your MC nickname was Codlips, wasn't it? Whitelisted you. Feel free to have a look around.

Mikyl3

Whitelisted.

• Like 1