Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Been getting kicked from the server a lot this morning.

Here is a screen of the error. as soon as i sign in anything i had done for the past 5 or so minutes is undone. and i redo it and get kicked again. happened 4 times or so so far.

post-120066-0-68631500-1385916897.png

I restarted the Minecraft server after fighting with RDC for 10 mins :laugh: seems fine now.

I'll have a google around for any bugs with the new bukkit, I wouldn't be surprised if this first release is to be avoided due to how much has changed.

As much as we want Bukkit back if it's buggy as hell (and it's to be expected that it is) then we should wait for a slightly more stable version.

being as i have only ever run vanilla servers, if we move from vanilla to bukkit once it is ready, will it mess up the server to where we would have to restart? cause that would suck.

It was worth an attempt with the dev build. I agree, we ought to wait for more stable builds before installing it - the vanilla server we have now works well enough.

Unrelated: If you walk towards the south gate of the Spawn fortress you'll notice the Christmas season has started. (credit for the small addition goes to Louisifer)

being as i have only ever run vanilla servers, if we move from vanilla to bukkit once it is ready, will it mess up the server to where we would have to restart? cause that would suck.

No, you can move from vanilla to bukkit without having to reset the world.

No, you can move from vanilla to bukkit without having to reset the world.

cool. i have no idea how any of that works. and the only mod i have ever used is optifine.

I restarted the server and as a test switched back to the older BukkitGUI we were using before trying 1.7.2 Bukkit, may or may not help with connection issues but worth a shot :)

Err, did someone reset The End? Because I just went there to farm some XP, and I found myself on an platform out away from the land, and a rather ###### off Ender Dragon gunning for me. I have a pissy little sword, only a couple of arrows, and no hope of getting out alive. :(

Err, did someone reset The End? Because I just went there to farm some XP, and I found myself on an platform out away from the land, and a rather ****ed off Ender Dragon gunning for me. I have a ****y little sword, only a couple of arrows, and no hope of getting out alive. :(

Today I learned that bukkit moves your end/nether into its own separate folders.. resulting in newly generated nether/end if you return to vanilla. :(

Good news: Fixed. :D

Bad news: No idea what will happen to you if you were still in there. :o

Bad News: Yes, I was still there. I had no choice other than to kill myself, and I had a full set of enchanted diamond armour that I was reluctant to lose (again).

Worse News: On returning I was located 10 levels down inside the end stone floor.

Good news: I was prepared for that, and managed to quickly dig a hole and not die.

If possible I'd like to be whitelisted for this. CastorTroy05

added :)

y is the server so laggy to day im getting kicked alomst every minit

I restarted the server, should be ok now :)

I know nothing about Minecraft so this might be a silly question, but if I were to buy the pocket edition for Android would I be able to connect to the Neowin server? If not I'll continue to avoid the game, but if it's possible I may consider it.

Nope, the Pocket edition can't connect to the full version.

I wish that it could however, they are making the pocket versions better and better these days with a larger world and soon you will be able to rent a server to play online with people that are not in the same network as you.