Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

I have Forge, Voxel Map, Damage Indicators, Ingame Info XML, and Monster Spawn Indicators, so I'll stick to 1.7.2 until they're updated. I don't tend to bother with Optifine, but it is available for 1.7.2.

Don't know how long the shaders mod has been out....

Still a bit buggy though.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1544257-172shaders-mod-v239-updated-by-karyonix/page__st__6420__p__29415804#entry29415804

I've tried getting some of the pretty shaders to work and they just don't work. I usually end up with MC hung at a white screen. Shame really as a few of the shaders look really pretty.

It looks like there's a new mob in town called Endermites and they can spawn if Endermen take damage.

Endermen will agro on these new mobs and try to kill it in groups (like Pigmen) and the Endermites will try and kill you.

I have a feeling that the ender farm is going to get very interesting come 1.8 :P

It looks like there's a new mob in town called Endermites and they can spawn if Endermen take damage.

Endermen will agro on these new mobs and try to kill it in groups (like Pigmen) and the Endermites will try and kill you.

I have a feeling that the ender farm is going to get very interesting come 1.8 :p

Endermites only spawn when an enderman teleports, so the end farm should be ok.

At least that's what I've seen.

Carts now also derail if they're going too fast into a turn.

Seems like a pointless and horrible change.

Yup, yet again a silly 'feature' added that pretty much no-one wants, yet other useful stuff that would be really easy (clay steps/half slabs anyone???) are left out. Fingers crossed that one will be withdrawn.

Carts now also derail if they're going too fast into a turn.

Seems like a pointless and horrible change.

I believe you can build a fence around the corner and it'll stop the cart derailing. At least for now.

It is a bit of a silly feature as you can only have a corner over one block. If you could drag a corner out and make it longer over multiple blocks. Then it would make sense.

Just tried that, and it does stop the cart derailing, but it also - occasionally - stops the cart dead in its tracks. It wouldn't be so bad if the derailing happened on 180 turns, but it's also on 90 turns, so any turn can derail if it's too fast.

Just tried that, and it does stop the cart derailing, but it also - occasionally - stops the cart dead in its tracks. It wouldn't be so bad if the derailing happened on 180 turns, but it's also on 90 turns, so any turn can derail if it's too fast.

Did a little test and found that the cart won't stop or derail if it's blocked off around the corner like this, instead of right on it.

eHkSoE9.png

Should be fine then really.

Here are some screenshots of the server I just took while testing a new shader.

Near by base

post-120066-0-64205400-1394892561.png

Server Spawn (standing on a tower of dirt)

post-120066-0-00684300-1394892573.png

My Forge Room

post-120066-0-23091300-1394892583.png

-- SEUS 10.1 Shader Pack

• Like 2

The outside is like a whole new game when using shaders, did they fix the mobs in sunlight yet?  Pigs always looked like they were glowing :P