Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Looks very nice, but kills my PC. I go from getting around 100fps @ 1920x1200 with no shaders, to less than 1fps @ (roughly) 800x600. My PC is no slouch either Intel i7 3770, 16GB ram, and an nVidia GTX 260 (a little old I know, but plays all the games I want at good rates and full resolution). 

as far as the pigs go, no they dont glow (unless you catch them on fire)

Here are a few more pics.

Ender Farm

post-120066-0-85508900-1394909249.png

Random Cow

post-120066-0-78923300-1394909288.png

Pig on Fire!

post-120066-0-58408400-1394909315.png

• Like 2

i like the update to the spawn. no one was using the stores anyway.

Exactly why I suggested the change (which was built by Lousifer and Steve B.). This way it's more obvious where the MC server belongs to.

I tried playing Minecraft on Java 8 x64 on Windows 8.1. It works, performing as good (or bad as it were) as Java 7.

I tried playing Minecraft on Java 8 x64 on Windows 8.1. It works, performing as good (or bad as it were) as Java 7.

good to know. i'll update my java when i get home :)

I updated. No difference. Still chugging along@19-ish fps. My hardware totally sucks though, so ymmv. There's nobody in when I go, so, I just dont play unless there is. No point, because when anyone else is on, its way more enjoyable.

I updated. No difference. Still chugging along@19-ish fps. My hardware totally sucks though, so ymmv. There's nobody in when I go, so, I just dont play unless there is. No point, because when anyone else is on, its way more enjoyable.

Here's what I've done in creative single player....

27 iron farms....seems faster and I think they are all operational when I stand in the center.  This design is 12x12 and only enough doors for 14 villagers each.  It's a direct copy of nims design and a hell of a lot easier to build. 

Ice tracks carry all the drops to the center and the golems are killed straight away at each tower.  No redstone and a lot quieter.

Making it in survival though.... 

Link to the minecraft save.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=48A32E7D0271D812!5265&authkey=!AD3w7gAkHSff6Fc&ithint=file%2c.zip

NOW, I am ******. I read the rules. It said, don't be a ****, and don't build one. Now, whenever I join, a GIANT **** lills me, and my home is destroyed. Mother******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

NOW, I am ******. I read the rules. It said, don't be a ****, and don't build one. Now, whenever I join, a GIANT **** lills me, and my home is destroyed. Mother******~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

We will rebuild. :beer:

Say what? Who and what happened..

As for the server - I'm restarting it.

Edit: I had a look at Obi's home. Looks undamaged to me.. 

I noticed that I get an average of 3-4 iron per golem in my test world farm (1.7.4) whereas I get about 5 from the server's farms.  Were iron drops nerfed recently?

Guess it was a fluke, lol! I will check it out when I get home in about an hour. Sorry for the rant, lol. I'm still upset though, I lost everything I had on me, diamond enchanted everything. It's okay, like crisp said: I can always redo what I need to.

well, Crisp griefed me off of minecraft, so I'm pretty much done with it. I'll find another server. Boxed me in with obsidian? nope, I'm gone. He was doing it when I logged on, and he continued until I killed him off....sad part is, he knows I'm in a world of a bind right now, yet ye did it anyway. Crisp: you are a penis. I hope lou is forgiving, because the cat's out of the bag. I will never be back unless this is taken care of. Crisp: thanks for being my "friend".

I was half watching and half playing Skyrim but from what I saw and read from the logs: Obi saw Crisp's actions as a sign of aggression and killed Crisp and Crisp covered(partially) Obi's house in obsidian in retaliation.

Then there was the "###### for Truce" which didn't go so well :( and it seemed to go downhill from there with some theoretical war scenarios.

My conclusion is that you are both annoyed at each other so have a good nights sleep and be friends tomorrow :P

I've had a look at the server logs myself. Folks, can we not act like in kindergarten please? 

Suggestion: Meet on neutral ground on the server and discuss it. Or fight each other if you must. But no random tnt-ing buildings.

• Like 1

Two questions:

Who built a derp tower in the middle of spawn?

Who blew up parts of the landscape around Obi's place?

###### like that is entirely unnecessary.