Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

is thare any way we cude get a tekkit verson of the server going i think it wood b fun

I've mentioned this in the past. While tekkit has got a lot better.

You need a pretty hefty server still to handle tekkit.

IMO Tekkit just adds too much, there's a hell of a lot to learn and know and I just want to jump on and simply build stuff, that's it, not find this to craft this which lets you get this to craft this and then use that to get this and THEN you can make a crafting table.

post-1302-0-96174400-1403451538.png

New build: A 'hall of fame' displaying the heads of all whitelisted players. It's just outside the south gate of the spawn fortress.

• Like 2

IMO Tekkit just adds too much, there's a hell of a lot to learn and know and I just want to jump on and simply build stuff, that's it, not find this to craft this which lets you get this to craft this and then use that to get this and THEN you can make a crafting table.

I agree. You finally get the hang of Tekkit and then they release another major version change. Which completely changes it :laugh:

I think its the actual server this time, I logged in long enough to stop the MC server and now RDC wont respond -_-

I've mentioned this in the past. While tekkit has got a lot better.

You need a pretty hefty server still to handle tekkit.

I'm running a Tekkit Server in a virtual machine, its actually not that bad.

There is a lot to learn but that's part of the fun.

Restart the Bukkit GUI, then the server. That should do the trick (provided you get that far).

I'm running a Tekkit Server in a virtual machine, its actually not that bad.

There is a lot to learn but that's part of the fun.

Yup, I liked playing Tekkit a while back on my own server. There is a lot to learn sure, but if you want to just play vanilla, you can easily just ignore all the Tekkit parts.

Yup, I liked playing Tekkit a while back on my own server. There is a lot to learn sure, but if you want to just play vanilla, you can easily just ignore all the Tekkit parts.

has tekkit become good again? honest question. I haven't played tekkit since back in the 1.4.x days before they got in trouble with a bunch of the mod authors & had to remove a bunch of mods

Direwolf20 & Yogscast Complete are my go to packs as of late

No idea to be honest, not played in a while myself. I've watched the Yogscast play their pack, and some of it is silly complicated, and there is way too much in it for me.

I've watched the Yogscast play their pack, and some of it is silly complicated, and there is way too much in it for me.

that's kind of why i like it though. it has a little something for everyone and still manages to blend the mods well. and I like the challenge in learning some of the more complicated mods

has tekkit become good again? honest question. I haven't played tekkit since back in the 1.4.x days before they got in trouble with a bunch of the mod authors & had to remove a bunch of mods

Direwolf20 & Yogscast Complete are my go to packs as of late

Tekkit is still complicated to begin with. Especially as IC2 is gone. Once you find the alternatives then you get used to it.

Tekkit Lite is still my favourite.

Yogscast complete, Voltz, Tekkit, Agrarian Skies all really interesting packs, too bad i can never get in to playing solo.

How did the optician chick go?

In case anyone's interested the Forge team have just released a dev build for 1.7.10-pre-4.

http://files.minecraftforge.net/minecraftforge/prerelease

The claim is that most 1.7.2 forge mods should work, with caveats. So far the only one that I use that seems to work 100% is the Monster Spawn Highlighter. Damage Indicator semi works (shows hit points, but not the creature damage/health level). Not found a map mod that works either.