Current AutoPatcher XP Information and Download

I guess Flish will get round to make a database editor when the hassle of this version dies down a bit. :D :whistle: :rolleyes: :blush:

Please Please :begs: :begs: we are not worthy :begs: :begs:

BTW I was getting errors when I converted the databses from U8-DOS to pure DOS Text file.

I use UltraEdit and I can use it to convert to pure DOS text files.

I noticed that other people were getting errors about the database file - maybe this was the cause.

S

I guess Flish will get round to make a database editor when the hassle of this version dies down a bit. :D :whistle: :rolleyes: :blush:

Actually it's Raptor who makes the editor... I just make the database. Oddly enough, I don't like the editor. I prefer to do it by hand. (Y)

Opps Sorry

Rediredt to Raptor

No prob, anyways, I believe it should be out with the next release. We wanted it for THIS release, but didn't have the time. :/

nw_raptor

Thank's for fast reply, it works fine now.

Another questions:

Can I use UNC paths (\\server\share) in database file?

Can I edit default database?

Can AutoPatcher be launched on Windows2000/98/Me/NT4/95? (for custom software installation, not updates). VB runtime needed?

Actually it's Raptor who makes the editor... I just make the database. Oddly enough, I don't like the editor. I prefer to do it by hand. (Y)

Well seeing as it's XML all I'd care for in an editor would simply be an XML schema - might that be on the way too?

kbar, first, welcome to neowin... corrupt downloads are usually because of client-side and not server-side... you can try downloading it again, maybe from an other server (just to be sure...)

/Raptor

Opps Sorry

Rediredt to Raptor

tru, im the editor guy... i will have to rewrite the editor from scratch, and really, the editor really limits the full potential of an AutoPatcher DB... i also prefer manual work :) will see... :)

Thank you Lady's & Gents for the welcome and your thoughts , i am really impressed with this Autopatcher and am very supprised Microsoft them selfs dont employ you guys for the great work you do here, As in my earlier post I did say I am trying another download as I type .

P.S. Is there some way I can get these forums to email me on a reply too , that would be neat. Sorry if the option is avail I may have over looked it when I signed up .

don have an Lite feb version?

Yep... it's bein' uploaded this morning and you should all have links in a couple hours. :D

great.. thanx.. didn't wanna download the whole 200+ mb again.. last one i fully downloaded was the January .

No prob... AutoPatcher XP 4.5 (Feb Release) Lite will be 185 MB, and AutoPatcher XP 4.5 (Feb Release) UltraLite will be 69.8 MB. :happy:

Well I just got the second download in an its sweeeeeeet ! However it did look diffrent to the other download yet consisted in the same amount of Mb's ( 250 aprox ) from http://www.jaguar1.usouthal.edu/patches/fi...Feb_Patched.exe . I clicked it and it popped open a DOS window and dissopered just as quick , I rectifyed this by extracting it with winrar and all the files were there.

Thank you all for your time and patients and finaly , awsome job Gents !

thanks kbar :) always glad when i see people liking AutoPatcher :)

Top job fella ! Very impressed and very happy with your work. Cant say thanks enough ! :)