Current AutoPatcher XP Information and Download

Hi Folks

Trying to get my hands on the autopatcher (Full) but any site I go to is either broken or exceeded bandwith, does anyone have a site I can get it from.

Thanks

garrett

Hi Folks

Trying to get my hands on the autopatcher (Full) but any site I go to is either broken or exceeded bandwith, does anyone have a site I can get it from.

Thanks

garrett

Go here: PC World And click the button that says: Pobierz (Y)

BT Update: http://autopatcher.scarywater.net/

The Old Gold Release, Nov. Update, and Nov Full were added to the Bit-Torrent page for autopatcher for "historical" records ;) I will stop seeding soon since there is no need for them anymore...

Jan Update is right around the corner!

{

Flishfun,

What about multiple versions for other languages of Autopatcher?

-I seem to remember a dutch version being worked on, but if that version needs a host I'll be glad to put it on the tracker ;)

}

I really need to buy more cd-r's, I lost my old one and don't have any to burn so with each new install I am back to downloading this lol

Still, great work guys :)

I have built the cd several times and am having the same problem each time,when the install finishes and the batch file (cust_instl.cmd) goes to install autopatcher, it comes up with an error saying ?windows cannot find ?\autopatch\autopatcher.exe?, make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again? I have played around with the cust_instl.cmd file and tried changing the path to the exe but it keeps re-occurring whatever path I put in. I have also taken all the files from the autopatcher XP folder and copied them in to the autopatch folder in the $oem$\$1 directory and changed the ext to go to the exe file. Have I an old version that has been updated already or Is anyone else having this prob??

Thanks

Ps: great program

I had to modify this line, as my directory structure was different....

Does this file exist by this name, and it this directory on your machine?

\autopatch\autopatcher.exe

Im at work at mo, so cant check, but before I burned my unattended cd, I tried to run the batch file to see if it worked, and it to could not find autopatcher... however I did notice that the either the filename was different, or the folder it was in was different....

Have a look to see.....

OOOPS... sorry, I never read the rest of your post... just jumped in half way through, but it seems that you have tried this too.......

I have tried various different configs, the syntax of the cust_inst.cmd line is

start /wait \autopatch\autopatcher.exe /noeula /unattend --> I have also tried with a full stop to indicate to the cmd file it's beside the directory.

start /wait .\autopatch\autopatcher.exe /noeula /unattend

The directory structure is correct but for some reason it's not behaving. I have got the cmd file to work on the c drive if I copy all the files from the c:\autopatch\autopatcher xp folder into the c:\autopatch folder and and put a full stop in front of the command line (as above) but as soon as I burn the cd in this format is comes up with the same problem. I have studied all my nero settings and told it to preserve path names etc... it's getting a bit odd at this stage. I'm going to start a fresh run on a new pc and see if I can correct it. The only other thing I can think of is that there might be something missing from the original download file but I see this as being unlikely. i have also run the update but that hasn't resolved it ?????? ( I know it's an update not a service pack but I thought it might resolve it).

Thanks in advance for any help

I've been expecting this app. Thanks to Flish and Raptor and everyone else who has helped make this app so good and so damn useful.

Too bad I'm on dialup. Fcuk.

First off let me say great work guys ,HAVING SAID THAT I think the fact that there are very few servers that stay up long enough to get these updates. With ALL the people with high speed and noone wants to host is greed. Besides that Its not worth the effort, when even the autopatcher website isnt letting people in. Not worth the stress or time to get it. Before your next release you should consider how to solve the problem of 500 000 people wanting it all at once and only few servers. untill then Im gonna pass and telling all others to pass untill the supply can meet the demand.

KNOW WHAT BETTER YET FLISHFISH GET AHOLD OF ME iLL HOST THE DA** FILE i OWN AN ISP i HAVE 8 T-3 LINES iLL DEDICATE 2 SERVERS TO YOU AND PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES. FOR ALL YOU OTHER GREEDY FOLKS THATS HOW YOU DO THAT !!!!.

sorry I had to drop the dec ones this afternoon

used 45+ gigs and need to reserve a few for sigs and pics etc.

I'll host another 200 downloads of the full and update starting next weekend for the Jan build.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhh still waiitng for right people to contact me ill host 2 servers 8 T-3 lines i own the company no bandwidth limits .

Yeah, if you're serious, please send me a PM. (Y)

long time reader, first time to register to ANY forum...

got a couple suggestions for your next addition -

*check out this link regarding application of multiple hotfixes to XP!!!! Unchained fixes applied back-to-back without reboots can cause major havoc to the system. Microsoft QChain KB

*Not sure if this has been found yet, but turning off Simple File Sharing is a must.

*Found a reg tweak for a faster shutdown.

I have attached a file that has all the requirements if anyone is interested.

Props to all involved - cpugeniusmv, shifty, etc...(Awesome project here!) :D

**I posted this in the CD Slipstream topic by mistake. It belongs here...

tweak_add.zip