Noia 2.0 XP Shell32 Pack

Hey, These icons are awsome, but there is one problem that i get.. which i think is comming from the shell32.dll... I get this error... and its kinda weird.. hoping if you know what the problem is....

post-42-1069212250.jpg

There are 2 ways to do that...

First, using Restorator to replace the icon because it won't overide the pattern(size and color bit). But some icon have 4 and 8 bit as default so you need to use ResHacker overide the rest to make them in 32 bit color.

Second, open all icon you need then delete all size over 72x72. You won't need those super size... the size that you really need is 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, and 64x64. Then use Reshacker replace those icon.

For zip file, I'm using 7-Zip in Ultra mode.

Hope this help... :)

thanx for the tip :)

Kasteo I think it would be great you to include this in your Noia pack (it will be more complete). I also made some netshell.dll and task.dll. :)
Hey, that would be great. I would love to include them to Noia pack. It looks very nice.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Why not use icons up to 128 rez. for the set? :huh: A lot of fans, of the Noia icons, use greater than 48x icons on their machines. Myself included! No other complaints other than that.

Hey, These icons are awsome, but there is one problem that i get.. which i think is comming from the shell32.dll... I get this error... and its kinda weird.. hoping if you know what the problem is....

THE BEST ICON SET , my APSOLUTLY FAVOR but :no: go for me , the same ERROR .PLEASE FIX it SOON !!

I know there is an error, but I still don't know exactly what cause the error and still don't have any clue on how to fix it yet. It took me 2 weekend to try to fix this bug, but it's not success yet. I have the work around to fix this bug, but that is not what I want to release with. I already talk with hush66 and it seem he also have the same error on his modify iCandy Shell32.dll..... I will try to rebuild the whole Shell32.dll again this weekend if I'm not too busy.

Hi! ,I might found a solution for that STRANGE ERROR , on some users including me , I couldn't wait till KAESTO rewrite the whole DLL maybe he don't heave to, while a little EXE file cause this strange dll BEHAVEOUR , it is called LINKSTS.EXE in SYSTEM32 (for WIN XP) , this little EXE could be a TRACE or something from ICON CHANGING programs. I had about 3 of them 2 was ACTIVE BEEICONS & MICROANGELO , ok MICROANGELO isn't like BEEICON or ICONCHANGER but you can change the MOST icons with it , however I DELETED that EXE & now the DLL KASTO made(shell32.dll) works OK (so far) & my icons ,explorer & stuff looks AWESOME , BTW I have UNINSTALLED ALL ICON CHANGIN PROGRAMS INCLUDING MICROANGELO & I did ICON CACHE REFRESH with TWEAKUI 2.10.

I hope that this can help other to have this AWESOME ICON SET working properly.

I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THAT LINKSTS.EXE so don't blame me if you screw up something by DELETEING it from SYSTEM32 , I made a GHOST BACKUP so I don't worry about it , if things go bad I always can return to previous .

Hey, thank you for the tip. I didn't try it on my system yet but will try that soon. So, when you delete LINKSTS.EXE in SYSTEM32, you won't have the Calc.exe error when you trying to use the Calculator, right? My computer also have Norton Antivirus 2003 and it warn me about some conflict in the system when I'm using Noia shell32.dll. I still try to find the way to fix this problem without using the work around method that I use on my system right now.

damn ! the calc is broken :( , didn't try it before I saw this post but ALSO MICROANGELO 5.58 is NO GO with this dll ...hmmmmmmm ..wtf! I stay with this dll it is far to BEAUTY to give it up because of CALC :) , when deleting LINKSTS.EXE you get rid of the initial POPUP warning on WINDOWS START & REBOOT still CALC is broken & so far I noticed MICROANGELO . POWER CALC from POWERTOYS working fine!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for didn't update on this Noia 2.0 Shell32.dll for awhile. I was busy with my school, work and my first Mozilla Firebird theme. Here it is.... Noia 2.0 for Mozilla Firebird 0.7+ (support nightly build after 12/08/2003).

Noia_2_0_for_Firebird_0_7_.jpg

You can download it here... Noia 2.0 for Firebird 0.7+

I will fix the error bug in shell32.dll and will post when it's all done.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
Hey sorry for didn't update on this Noia 2.0 Shell32.dll for awhile. I was busy with my school, work and my first Mozilla Firebird theme. Here it is.... Noia 2.0 for Mozilla Firebird 0.7+ (support nightly build after 12/08/2003).

http://images2.deviantart.com/i/2003/51/0/...rebird_0_7_.jpg

You can download it here... Noia 2.0 for Firebird 0.7+

I will fix the error bug in shell32.dll and will post when it's all done.

Thanks,

:D yahooooooooooooooo !; cant wait, just cant wait for that fixed shell32.dll , I still use that strange one :) , btw AWESOME skin !! I'm in LOVE with NOIA :)!!!

What is it with DeviantArt pimping for pay subscriptions now everytime you visit the site :(

Nice set of icons, theres so many to choose from over the last few days :)

Naw... I didn't forget about fixing the Noia 2.0 shell pack and new Noia 2.0 for Firebird theme but I still enjoy my new toy, Canon A80. :p

OK, I'm going to redo the Noia 2.0 shell pack, but from reding the comment, some people prefer to have 128pixel icon size included the shell. What do you all think? If I include 128pixel icon in this shell without any optimized, the final shell32.dll file will be around 40MB. If most people prefer a small shell32.dll size then I won't include 128px icon, but if most people do then I will. But I won't do 2 versions because it will take too much time.

Thanks,