Noia 2.0 XP Shell32 Pack

In the readme

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. This pack replaces VITAL Windows system files. Please make sure you have backups of the originals before you continue.

Does the installer not backup any files it changes/overwrites automatically in order to restore?

How do you get your original files back, as it does not appear to have a restore ability.

Only problem I've noticed is the folder it sets for the "Downloads" folder looks pixelated.

Thanks for report the problem. Could you tell me where the "Downloads" floder is? I can't find it here on my system.

In the readme

Does the installer not backup any files it changes/overwrites automatically in order to restore?

How do you get your original files back, as it does not appear to have a restore ability.

Yes, the "Theme Change.bat" will backup the original files it replaced with .BAK. If you wish to restore the original files back, you will have to do it manually by change those .BAK file to the original, .DLL or .EXE.

Yes, the "Theme Change.bat" will backup the original files it replaced with .BAK. If you wish to restore the original files back, you will have to do it manually by change those .BAK file to the original, .DLL or .EXE.

Cheers ... as a quick suggestion, could you not add a script to restore anything it changes? It would just make everything more complete that way :)

Sorry for the late reply, but here's the icon it seems to have set for my DownLoads folder, and I showed (in screeny) 2 others for comparison. Great job tho, other than this small issue.

Sorry for the late reply, but here's the icon it seems to have set for my DownLoads folder, and I showed (in screeny) 2 others for comparison. Great job tho, other than this small issue.

Hmm... that's weird. In my download folder, it never show that icon. It shows only a regular folder icon. I checked it on the Shell32.dll file and it seem that icon(264) is only 16px in size, that's why it looks pixelated.

Well, since I want to make this theme look perfect, I just add 24px, 32px, 64px size in the icon(264). I also changed all icons in the MSHTML.DLL to the 32bit mode from 8bit and 16bit only icons. This should make all icons show in IE look a bit sharper.

For the restore function in the installer, "Theme Change.bat" file. I will make that in the next update after WindowsXP SP2 come out.

You can download a new file from the same place... the file name change from Noia2Pack2.exe to Noia2Pack3.exe.

Enjoy. :)

• 3 months later...
the file above... can i use that for my xp sp1?

No, you can't. You will need an older Pack(version 1.2). I believe somebody mirror my old file somewhere. Try to search Neowin for Noia, you will find it.

• 3 weeks later...

um, i searched neowin for Noia, but i couldn't find version 1.2 can someone help me out here

:huh: i thought someone talked about doing a guireplacer on this noia, then... then :cry: they forgot... waaaaaaah :pacifier:

that was me, lol.

i havent had the resources for it.. some file types missing. if u want to hook me up with everything then it can be the next one i do once umicons and gorilla are finished