Xbox: A New Generation Revealed

lol.

At least Sony showed games.

This is a completely ridiculous argument.

1. It was known before this announcement most of the game discussion would be next month at E3

2. What they showed today is arguably MORE IMPORTANT than games. The ability to play games is just one feature.

3. They showed games...not sure what presentation you were watching.

If you are still watching the reveal on spike, they are showing how they designed it and test the system now, way more in depth then Sony's reveal

I don't get this, you guys are still going on about them somehow not caring about gaming when they've said, a number of times, that they're going to show games at E3, you know, the big gaming show held each year?

You guys honestly thought they'd show you everything now? And then do what for E3? Give it a rest.

They showed some trailers yeah.

I don't want or need a kinect/voice controlled UI, TV integration, social feeds, sports.

I buy games consoles to play games, I have a smart TV for apps.

So Always On finally debunked. It does not require internet connection to play games. Hopefully the trolls will find a new cause.

No its much worse, games are tied to your account and you have to pay a fee to play the game on a console not associated with the account, which means used/rental market is dead.

Plus its up to developer discretion to enable even single player games requiring an internet connection.

WTF is wrong with you people? This blew Sony's announcement out of the water.

WTF is wrong with us?? WTF is wrong with you? Is everything MS does awesome, no questions asked?

MS is forcing what they believe the future of entertainment is going to be. Perhaps they are right, perhaps they are wrong, but I can tell you my take on it, is right now they are wrong.

I want a video game console to play video games. Not do all of this other ****.

Watch a TV show and I want more information on it? I will get my iPad, Cell Phone, or laptop. I will not make the picture smaller to search on my TV instead.

Same thing with purchasing movie tickets, etc. etc. etc. I will do it all on the devices I already do it on.

About the only cool thing I saw was searching my TV guide and changing the channel with ones voice. Honestly I saw that and said "okay, that is pretty cool"

Nothing else at all made me say this is a must have device.

In fact I said the exact opposite. MS is taking a HUGE risk banking on the fact this is what people want.

• Like 4

That's the problem. People don't want more of the same! Gaming was doomed when it became popular.

What. So what you are saying is this Xbox needed to focus more on hardcore gamers to save gaming?

So Always On finally debunked. It does not require internet connection to play games. Hopefully the trolls will find a new cause.

Blocking the used game market, it's right in this section.

They showed some trailers yeah.

I don't want or need a kinect/voice controlled UI, TV integration, social feeds, sports.

I buy games consoles to play games, I have a smart TV for apps.

It's they way it is buddy, you can either accept it or jump ship ...

WTF is wrong with us?? WTF is wrong with you? Is everything MS does awesome, no questions asked?

MS is forcing what they believe the future of entertainment is going to be. Perhaps they are right, perhaps they are wrong, but I can tell you my take on it, is right now they are wrong.

Watch a TV show and I want more information on it? I will get my iPad, Cell Phone, or laptop. I will not make the picture smaller to search on my TV instead.

Same thing with purchasing movie tickets, etc. etc. etc. I will do it all on the devices I already do it on.

About the only cool thing I saw was searching my TV guide and changing the channel with ones voice. Honestly I saw that and said "okay, that is pretty cool"

In fact I said the exact opposite. MS is taking a HUGE risk banking on the fact this is what people want.

As you said the problem is people already have devices and smart TVs that do all that, why do they need to compromise what they are doing on the TV by squashing the window and snapping an even smaller window to the side when they can just whip out a tablet/smartphone?

It's they way it is buddy, you can either accept it or jump ship ...

I was open minded and considered getting an xbox but I am definitely getting a PS4 now, you know to play games on not watch TV.

No its much worse, games are tied to your account and you have to pay a fee to play the game on a console not associated with the account, which means used/rental market is dead.

Plus its up to developer discretion to enable even single player games requiring an internet connection.

Source?

You don't have to use any of those new features. If all you want to do is play games you can still do that. And I have never owned a Microsoft console, so no everything MS does is not awesome, no questions asked.

I don't get this, you guys are still going on about them somehow not caring about gaming when they've said, a number of times, that they're going to show games at E3, you know, the big gaming show held each year?

You guys honestly thought they'd show you everything now? And then do what for E3? Give it a rest.

Yes and how many of those are Kinect titles? You know the thing that no one wants so they are forcing it on us? People wanted reassurances that MS will be focussing on gaming for the new console. What they got confirmed the company is continuing their current path of tying up COD and focussing on the American Entertainment market. Why are you surprised people are disappointed? You cant honestly say with a straight face that what they showed is exciting? Everything could be done on the current console. There was nothing compelling at all! They kept throwing out buzz words like they were talking to imbeciles.

At least Sessler said something right

OlXVpeB.jpg

Because the press is busy typing away on their laptops or taking pictures and uploading them. I saw people behind those with the laptops clapping at times on the live stream.

I was open minded and considered getting an xbox but I am definitely getting a PS4 now, you know to play games on not watch TV.

You know that doesn't even make sense, right? :rofl:

• Like 2

That's Kotaku spreading FUD as usual. They are just guessing. What's said is same as Sony/PS4.

If you had bothered to read it's not Kotaku, it's Wired who got the first press preview of the device.... http://www.wired.com...x-one-analysis/

Kotaku merely posted parts of their analysis.

Yes and how many of those are Kinect titles? You know the thing that no one wants so they are forcing it on us? People wanted reassurances that MS will be focussing on gaming for the new console. What they got confirmed the company is continuing their current path of tying up COD and focussing on the American Entertainment market. Why are you surprised people are disappointed? You cant honestly say with a straight face that what they showed is exciting? Everything could be done on the current console. There was nothing compelling at all! They kept throwing out buzz words like they were talking to imbeciles.

If Microsoft's main focus for the Xbox One was gaming it would be a disastrous decision for Microsoft.

Everything can be done on current consoles? You are trolling beyond belief.