Xbox: A New Generation Revealed

Yes, we get it, you're a kinect fan who can't grasp the fact that no matter how many people were suckered into buying the damn thing it's still a failure for real games.

To call it a failure is stupid. Commercially it's a complete success and to call it otherwise would be silly. You could argue that critically it wasn't, but it sold tons and to Microsoft a business, it's a success.

"real games" What's a real game?

The numbers do not lie kids...

So seriously, you guys can think whatever you want about how glorious MS is and can never do any wrong. A decent amount of the world must disagree with you for that above to take place, even if it is only temporary which is sure to be the case, it does show the pulse of what those who do not care one way or the other are thinking.

This may shock you but stock figures fluctuate all the time. Pretty sure Sony's stock went down when the PS4 was announced. It's not a big deal even though people try to make it out to be one.

that's a lot of weeping :o, I used to be biased too, but the pleasure of owning two consoles, playing their exclusives and enjoying their strengths can't be matched by owning only one. Both are going to be great machines and I'll be looking forward to upgrade later this year :D

GqcBA3H.jpg?1

Damn!! now let me go for a cloth and some soap :p

To call it a failure is stupid. Commercially it's a complete success and to call it otherwise would be silly. You could argue that critically it wasn't, but it sold tons and to Microsoft a business, it's a success.

"real games" What's a real game?

If you have to ask that question, why are you in this section of the forum? Cause clearly, you don't belong if you don't know.

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

So seriously, you guys can think whatever you want about how glorious MS is and can never do any wrong. A decent amount of the world must disagree with you for that above to take place, even if it is only temporary which is sure to be the case, it does show the pulse of what those who do not care one way or the other are thinking.

I am personally disappointed with today's show and want to know more about actual games but stock prices are hardly an indication of anything. Apple stock is typically down after every announcement (even when Jobs was around).

Well this presentation blew the PS4 reveal out of the water. Better reveal, better exclusive, better demonstration of next gen tech, better reveal of launch titles(Forza 5, wonder how long till a PS4 GT....).

This is gonna be a good Christmas. And the TV function with the pass through makes it a million times more useful that the TVii which has no use, especially not outside the US. This I can actually plug my satellite tuner into and get a useful guide and extra program info function from.

Now for E3 and more game reveals.

If you have to ask that question, why are you in this section of the forum? Cause clearly, you don't belong if you don't know.

Na I just find it silly to look down on games and only classify some games as "real games".

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

I can say that 90% of me doesn't care what the stock markets say. Honestly, they can suck a duck.

The other 10% of me is saying, "Oh for goodness sake I have to give a crap" - because the consumer media is just going to bad mouth this into oblivion if the stocks are any indication. That means it's the job of people like us who know the facts and not FUD spread by the general media to put a stop to all the bullsh*t being smeared. WE are the ones who have to talk to these drones of people asking questions about absolute sh*t they read in the papers and on facebook.

Well this presentation blew the PS4 reveal out of the water. Better reveal, better exclusive, better demonstration of next gen tech, better reveal of launch titles(Forza 5, wonder how long till a PS4 GT....)

Ahahaha.. Continuing to live up to your reputation eh? Cause this presentation was mediocre at best and couldn't even blow the struggling wii u out of the water.

• Like 1

Well this presentation blew the PS4 reveal out of the water. Better reveal, better exclusive, better demonstration of next gen tech, better reveal of launch titles(Forza 5, wonder how long till a PS4 GT....).

This is gonna be a good Christmas. And the TV function with the pass through makes it a million times more useful that the TVii which has no use, especially not outside the US. This I can actually plug my satellite tuner into and get a useful guide and extra program info function from.

Now for E3 and more game reveals.

I can say that 90% of me doesn't care what the stock markets say. Honestly, they can suck a duck.

The other 10% of me is saying, "Oh for goodness sake I have to give a crap" - because the consumer media is just going to bad mouth this into oblivion if the stocks are any indication. That means it's the job of people like us who know the facts and not FUD spread by the general media to put a stop to all the bullsh*t being smeared. WE are the ones who have to talk to these drones of people asking questions about absolute sh*t they read in the papers and on facebook.

It's really not a big deal. See Sony's stock the day the PS4 was announced -

stockhd-620x.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Stock values have NOTHING to do with real world performance or opinions, look at how the Apple stock has been performing lately compared to how the company is performing.

Also pay attention to the actual numbers and that MS naturally fluctuates while Sony as an abnormal spike that will go back to normal flatline.

I think it's the other way around. I'd rather not have Kinect and I hope they release a version that doesn't come bundled with it. If that isn't an option, then I'll make the most of what I get. And that means using the voice commands and hand gestures to use my console. The convenience of turning my Xbox on and off without a controller in hand is nice.

As for the Xbox being the one device to use, what they mean is the one living room device. Most people have smartphones but even less have tablets and Apple/Google TV. I like the fact that they've expanded the capabilities of the Xbox but I really hope their main focus is still gaming. I don't plan on using my Xbox as an all-in-one entertainment device but I can admit that I'm probably in the minority.

That is pretty much true among console owners (not just XB360 owners - this includes PS3 owners and even Wii/Wii U owners) - they by and large use the console as an AIO device.

A rather surprising poll of PS3 owners showed that almost half of them use the PS3 primarily as a BD player - not a gaming console. (This was a NA-targeted poll sponsored by SCEA.)

The results shocked SCEA - however, they didn't hesitate to use the results in advertising for the PS3 in North America - AFTER the failure-to-launch that was Move.

The integration of BD lets XB ONE target this market - which isn't a bad thing, as some of us still don't have a BD player, let alone a PS3 (or console of any sort) due to wanting to avoid clutter.

Integration of Kinect is part of the same deal. (That is why I have to ask whether the PS4 will integrate Move.)

Most folks HATE clutter, and integrated consoles like XB ONE (and PS4, if Sony recalls their own poll data) make all too much sense.

Ahahaha.. Continuing to live up to your reputation eh? Cause this presentation was mediocre at best and couldn't even blow the struggling wii u out of the water.

In what way was ANYTHING so y presented better than this, the first 10 minutes of this presented more than all of Sony's conference.

But I suppose you're just going to throw insults like a little kid instead of actually arguing with facts.

That is pretty much true among console owners (not just XB360 owners - this includes PS3 owners and even Wii/Wii U owners) - they by and large use the console as an AIO device.

A rather surprising poll of PS3 owners showed that almost half of them use the PS3 primarily as a BD player - not a gaming console. (This was a NA-targeted poll sponsored by SCEA.)

The results shocked SCEA - however, they didn't hesitate to use the results in advertising for the PS3 in North America - AFTER the failure-to-launch that was Move.

The integration of BD lets XB ONE target this market - which isn't a bad thing, as some of us still don't have a BD player, let alone a PS3 (or console of any sort) due to wanting to avoid clutter.

Integration of Kinect is part of the same deal. (That is why I have to ask whether the PS4 will integrate Move.)

Most folks HATE clutter, and integrated consoles like XB ONE (and PS4, if Sony recalls their own poll data) make all too much sense.

Actually I believe that number climbed to over 3/4 us only or primarily as a BD player later.

shakey, while YOU do, all too many do not. And does your receiver support HDMI pass-through? (Most don't, due to HDCP.)

And HDMI passthrough is indeed a big problem for video.

Yup, Good Ole Sony DH520 :) Not near top of the line, but very affordable and perfect for a small home theater setup on a tight budget.

In what way was ANYTHING so y presented better than this, the first 10 minutes of this presented more than all of Sony's conference.

But I suppose you're just going to throw insults like a little kid instead of actually arguing with facts.

What part of sony's show was better you ask? Well, how bout the many parts where they showed actual games and not logos with pre-rendered trailers?

Also the part where they actually talked about the hardware in some detail.

Ebay and craigslist are going to be flooded with Xbox 360s now! I wouldnt be surprise once the Xbox One comes out, the Xbox 360 will go down to like $80 or less!

Wondering how big this thing really is.

The 3 red line are the same length.

lk3yh10r.jpg

What to you reckon, 14 to 15 inches square?

The guy who you've selected to do the measurment with is standing further away. Look at the arm size difference.

I'm sure the console is going to be big, but not as big as this is making out.

I don't care about anything on the new consoles other than their ability to play games.

So, now to wait and see which ones is better at doing that.

I do think the case design on the Xbox look fantastic.

Ebay and craigslist are going to be flooded with Xbox 360s now! I wouldnt be surprise once the Xbox One comes out, the Xbox 360 will go down to like $80 or less!

Have to disagree with you there. It's still a platform with a lot of games, and plenty still coming out. Why would people want to sell their Xbox 360 to buy a console with hardly any games on it?

The guy who you've selected to do the measurment with is standing further away. Look at the arm size difference.

And the other guy is even further away (in the other direction). What else in that picture do I have to go on?

I am personally disappointed with today's show and want to know more about actual games but stock prices are hardly an indication of anything. Apple stock is typically down after every announcement (even when Jobs was around).

Also, Sony is far more than a gaming company - what is to say the stock movement represents anything PS4-related?

Part of the movement could well be related to the incessant chatter (not just here in the US, where Sony ADRs trade, but in Japan) about spinning off the more profitable parts of Sony (such as Columbia/CBS Records, their record labels, or Columbia Pictures, their film/TV production/distribution arm) so Sony can concentrate on the still-troubled electronics arm (which includes the PS3/PS4 and their HDTV business, which are all still losing money).

I don't even OWN a console (of any sort); however, I admit to having somewhat of, if anything, an interest in seeing Sony as a company remain relevant due to having two Sony TVs (one CRT and one FP) and playing two of their F2P titles (DC Universe Online and PlanetSide 2) regularly. Competition in the console space benefits everyone - not just the winner.

Yup, Good Ole Sony DH520 :) Not near top of the line, but very affordable and perfect for a small home theater setup on a tight budget.

Most people, can't, won't or don't need a full receiver for their home theater. Scratch that, most people don't have a home theater, heck most don't even have as much as a soundbar. And besides, none of that provides the functionality that the Xbox one does.

As for these items

AppleTV: the only decent media player out there, responsive and stable. Unfortunately very limited in support, not even standard DLNA so it's basically limited to iTunes

Media players android or otherwise: I have tried several, the experience is uniformly horrible, slow and unstable. Terrible and laggy controls, just not worth it.

Smart TV: you didn't say that with a straight face did you? Even the most powerful quad core smart tv's today are terrible, the interface is bad, the controls are bad, they are unstable and slow, at most I would use the to load up the Netflix app, but I would quickly grow angry and by an Apple TV instead, except, I have an Xbox...

And none of these provides the extended functionality and information and such that the tv pass through on the Xbox one does. The other hand held device are a completely different category.

I wish I could use my big speakers and proper receiver in my main living room, but the wood stove in the front left corner makes that I possible, so I need a Samsung 5550. Which has decent sound for movies and games, but not enough inputs.

And the other guy is even further away (in the other direction). What else in that picture do I have to go on?

Well if it is that size, I can't see a Kinect working on top of my TV. It'll look crap.

What part of sony's show was better you ask? Well, how bout the many parts where they showed actual games and not logos with pre-rendered trailers?

Also the part where they actually talked about the hardware in some detail.

I'm taking from this that you didn't actually watch or read the logs of the MS presentation.

As for real time, MS showed real times games, and videos that wheren't define if they where or if they where target renders. Tis ain't about games anyway, they always said that was for E3. They still managed to show more interesting games than Sony though, PR or not.

Something with a known size reference in the same location or ON the Xbox, like the slot opening....