Xbox: A New Generation Revealed

In what way was ANYTHING so y presented better than this, the first 10 minutes of this presented more than all of Sony's conference.

But I suppose you're just going to throw insults like a little kid instead of actually arguing with facts.

Actually I believe that number climbed to over 3/4 us only or primarily as a BD player later.

That is one thing that almost got me to bite on the PS3 - it rather nicely tackles the clutter problem.

However, all PS3s - including the Slim, and that is with OR without Move - stick out like sore thumbs, and the XB360 commits the same "sin". Therefore, I passed on both.

XB ONE solves all the issues that afflicted the original XB360 (and PS3, for that matter) - it doesn't stick out like a wart, it requires zero additional wires (the fact that it supports both integrated wireless-N and can act as a wireless bridge, in addition to Kinect integration, plays right into tackling clutter) and it can replace my standalone DVD player. Apparently a LOT of folks missed out on being able to use a smartphone as a wireless remote - this was shown early on.

Price could well be an issue, though.

Well, my laptop can do most of the stuff that the reveal shown... well, the HDMI pass trough... I think I can manage with one of the usb 3.0 HDMI recorders... I don't like what Sony and microsoft are doing with games, that's why I switched to PC... but to be honest, I like far less microsoft approach than sony's.

Uhh, forgetting that games will be at E3? That's kinda what E3 is meant for.

Sony didn't get the memo apparently.

As PC gamer, the PS4 looks much better from where I'm standing and showed stuff I would want to play.

I'm taking from this that you didn't actually watch or read the logs of the MS presentation.

As for real time, MS showed real times games, and videos that wheren't define if they where or if they where target renders. Tis ain't about games anyway, they always said that was for E3. They still managed to show more interesting games than Sony though, PR or not.

Oh i watched it live as it happened. It's just that my view of the event isn't horribly distorted.

LOL and so it begins:

Xbox One TV features US only at launch.

Xbox One: live TV available in US only at launch

Xbox One?s live TV functionality will only be available in the US at launch, a press release from Microsoft has confirmed.

In a release sent to VG247 this evening confirms that Live TV with Kinect navigation, Live TV with One Guide, Trending, and NFL on Xbox will only be available in North America at launch. The release added that Microsoft anticipates a global roll-out over time.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-live-tv-available-in-us-only-at-launch-requires-separate-device/

Goodbye MS.

• Like 2

The hard drive apparently isn't user exchangeable again!

MS just say there is a USB port for external storage.....

Something with a known size reference in the same location or ON the Xbox, like the slot opening....

Don't be ridiculous. :whistle:

Name should have been different.

Anyways, it looks amazing and in my opinion, is the future of every living room, more so when the TV features start rolling out globaly...

What is the problem with this?

A target audience must test this; Do you know how big of a scale of feature this is? Not only that, but you have to talk to each channel and make sure all legal terms are met.

This is not a easy task

This has already been debunked. A lot of misunderstanding about this.

This aint the console for me I don't think.

You have two others to choose from :)

Comparing a game in development and games running on completely different and incomparable hardware. That'll work out well...

I think comparing a clearly over sharpened image, with one from a blurry SD web stream is the real issue there.

He must be. This is what it really is!

I don't get the joke :(

What is the problem with this?

A target audience must test this; Do you know how big of a scale of feature this is? Not only that, but you have to talk to each channel and make sure all legal terms are met.

This is not a easy task

This has already been debunked. A lot of misunderstanding about this.

You have two others to choose from :)

What if Kinect breaks? Will it literally be game over? It's not like I can even use Kinect anyway in the small space I have, so it's just pushing the price of the console up.

And IIRC the Xbox 360 has had TV channels on it for a very long time so I'm pretty sure a lot of this testing has already been done?

Show me where this used games thing has been debunked.

Most people, can't, won't or don't need a full receiver for their home theater. Scratch that, most people don't have a home theater, heck most don't even have as much as a soundbar. And besides, none of that provides the functionality that the Xbox one does.

As for these items

AppleTV: the only decent media player out there, responsive and stable. Unfortunately very limited in support, not even standard DLNA so it's basically limited to iTunes

Media players android or otherwise: I have tried several, the experience is uniformly horrible, slow and unstable. Terrible and laggy controls, just not worth it.

Smart TV: you didn't say that with a straight face did you? Even the most powerful quad core smart tv's today are terrible, the interface is bad, the controls are bad, they are unstable and slow, at most I would use the to load up the Netflix app, but I would quickly grow angry and by an Apple TV instead, except, I have an Xbox...

And none of these provides the extended functionality and information and such that the tv pass through on the Xbox one does. The other hand held device are a completely different category.

I wish I could use my big speakers and proper receiver in my main living room, but the wood stove in the front left corner makes that I possible, so I need a Samsung 5550. Which has decent sound for movies and games, but not enough inputs.

Except you forget one thing, the other media players don't require Gold to access the accounts you already pay for.

If you're interested in a home theater setup, even a light one, over 8 years an Apple TV costs you $99. An Xbox, at $199, plus Gold (at a discount of $35 / year) would still cost $479.

If you want to stream your media to two different TVs, well, forget about it. The Xbox does make a great Windows Media Extender, but at that point it's less useful than the Apple TV is.

Even over their lifetimes, if a PS4 and a Xbox One cost the same, you could buy a PS4 and a soundbar and come out even to an Xbox and Gold.

I don't get the joke :(

During the presentation, they were all touting about AI. They said, " We have AI. We have fish that when you swim near them, they swim away from you!" Clearly, their time was well utilized. :p