dead.cell

New Trailer:

And for those that missed the last:

-----

Reviews:

Screenshots:

rowdownboyjpg-95874a_160w.jpgrowbumpingheadsjpg-95874b_160w.jpgrowgiveusakissjpg-95874c_160w.jpg
rowlondonburningjpg-dcfb61_160w.jpgrowmoontunnel01jpg-95874d_160w.jpgrowonesmallstepjpg-dcfb62_160w.jpg
rowrisejpg-dcfb63_160w.jpgrowsewersjpg-95874e_160w.jpgwolfenstein-the-new-orders01jpg-8836dd_1
wolfenstein-the-new-orders02jpg-8836de_1wolfenstein-the-new-orders03jpg-e94a6e_1rowhungrypng-50e7db_160w.png

Videos:

Announcement Trailer

Edited by Andrew G.
  • Like 1
qdave

Epic Trailer! Just hope that the game is just as good.

ccoltmanm

I want this to be a movie!

• Like 1
Buttus

so far, looks like a sure buy! i want to see more gameplay video tho

PsYcHoKiLLa

Where's the occult stuff? That's what I loved about the 2nd (and best) game.

+warwagon

WOW those in game graphics are amazing

/s

• Like 1
+Anarkii

I want this to be a movie!

After seeing the live action stuff, I agree! That would make a pretty epic movie!

wickedlester

Can't wait to play this.

Dotdot

The last Wolfy was a good game if a little bit of a cult classic. So im eager to see how this is turns out. Loving the art style!

ACTIONpack

They are ready did. Its call the watchmen.

• 8 months later...
Andrew

New video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9RZ__mnyx9Y

Think I am going to put the wife in a pleasent mood when I tell her I have pre ordered another game... Wolf always suckers me in.

Ditto, well, not the abomination released in 2009. But the period between W:ET and Halo 2 release is a blur for me :rofl:

Not letting myself get hyped over this though. Not after the last one (N) Plus Splash Damage isn't involved :(

Edit: trailer was pretty good. Looks like they're borrowing Homefront's story mixing it with Inglourious Basterds humour and old nazi supernatural myths. Not a bad cocktail :D

Pusska In Boots

Ditto, well, not the abomination released in 2009. But the period between W:ET and Halo 2 release is a blur for me :rofl:

Not letting myself get hyped over this though. Not after the last one (N) Plus Splash Damage isn't involved :(

Loved W:ET. Sometimes still play it now and its good to see it still has a good amount of players on it. Didn't mind the 2009 version, although saying that it took me 3 attempts to complete starting from PC and finally ending it on the PS3.

DeltaXray

Those graphics are looking decidedly last gen :/ added to the descriptions making it sound like a pretty generic shooter I may give it a miss until it is in the bargain bin.

Yusuf M.

They should have used something other than id Tech 5. After Rage, I vowed never to play a game using that engine. It's awful. This game looks kinda interesting too so that's a shame. I imagine it would have looked a lot better with CryEngine.

MorganX

The only negative that keeps sticking out when I see gameplay is the really low skin textures on  your hands. Really poor quality that just catches the eye.

Andrew

The only negative that keeps sticking out when I see gameplay is the really low skin textures on  your hands. Really poor quality that just catches the eye.

Agreed but I'd go a step further and say it's all of the textures. It really doesn't look like it's using id Tech 5 to the fullest. A huge gap between it and Rage IMO.

Still, the gameplay looks a lot better than 2009's game (Y) I don't think it'll be a huge hit for FPS, but hopefully breathes some life back into the IP for more installments :yes:

• Like 1
Pusska In Boots

I agree, it still looks pretty good but I would have like to have seen some higher textures just to give it a bit more beef around it.

Looks great to play though saying that and really cannot wait to start playing the castle levels again. Seems a lot more like RTCW which is really good. It just had that vibe about it. 

neoadorable

this looks fine to me, the shooting in Rage was very good so if this is similar we're in for a nice treat. Pre-ordered on PS4 and looking forward to it, seems like the sense of humor and wackiness are intact. Now to finish Nazi Zombie Army 2 before Wolfie comes out...man I do feel bad for German gamers sometimes :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
Andrew

Wolfenstein: The New Order - On a Train to Berlin - Gameplay

• Like 1
MorganX

Don't know about the music but the rest was fantastic. They captured the insane sadism, masochism, and sexual perversion of the Nazi's and the terror of defying them in a creative and understated way. The photo game was fantastic. Sums up the Nazi regime and why to this day we enjoy fighting them. The textures on the hands didn't looks so bad here. Great trailer, definitely makes me want to buy it. Hopefully the final textures are acceptable.

Andrew

Don't know about the music but the rest was fantastic. They captured the insane sadism, masochism, and sexual perversion of the Nazi's and the terror of defying them in a creative and understated way. The photo game was fantastic. Sums up the Nazi regime and why to this day we enjoy fighting them. The textures on the hands didn't looks so bad here. Great trailer, definitely makes me want to buy it. Hopefully the final textures are acceptable.

The style and music from the intro made me think they're going for a Tarantino vibe. I'm not sure it carries over into the game, so far it doesn't seem to.

Loved the coffee physics :laugh:

• Like 1
DeltaXray

Wowsers. The last gen graphics put me off a bit at first but I was riveted. They created an atmosphere you could cut with a knife .

If this is indicitave of the rest of the game I am definitely interested.

• Like 1
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Namerah S
      Team Ninja details features of Nioh 2 Complete Edition for PC
      by Namerah Saud Fatmi

Team Ninja launched the action RPG Nioh sequel titled Nioh 2 for the last-gen PlayStation 4 console last year. Two months ago, the video game developer revealed that Nioh 2 would be leaving PlayStation exclusivity by announcing Nioh 2 Complete Edition. The PC version is set to arrive early next month.

Today the game's makers revealed more information about the upcoming PC game on Twitter. Publisher Koei Tecmo shared further details about the features of the upcoming Nioh 2 Complete Edition. A new game trailer highlighting the PC features has also been released.

As per today's announcements, Nioh 2 on PC will support 4K Ultra HD, ultra-wide screens, HDR and a 144Hz screen refresh rate. The game's makers have added complete customizability for mice and keyboards and the game is touted to run at 60fps or 120fps consistently, depending on whether the PC specs are compatible of course.

Nioh 2 Complete Edition for the PC platform is due out February 5, 2021, exclusively on Steam. Pre-orders are currently open and can be placed on Valve's dedicated game store. As a launch promotion, those who buy the Nioh sequel within the initial three weeks after the PC release will get two bonus in-game items, the Sohaya Deserter Garb and Ornate Gold Armour.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Bethesda and MachineGames are working on an Indiana Jones game
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

In a surprise announcement, Bethesda today revealed that a new Indiana Jones game is incoming from one of its studios, specifically MachineGames. The project comes as a collaboration between Bethesda and the newly reborn Lucasfilm Games banner that was announced yesterday.

The Indiana Jones game is described as a "wholly original, standalone tale set at the height of the career of the famed adventurer." It's unclear if Harrison Ford's likeness will be used here, or go another route. Bethesda Game Studio's Todd Howard is helming the project as the executive producer. Check out the cryptic teaser for the game below, which is said to have hidden hints.

For those not familiar, MachineGames is known for its modern Wolfenstein series of shooters that has had two mainline entries and several standalone side storylines, with the most recent being Wolfenstein: Youngblood from 2019.

It sounds like the collaboration is still in its early stages, as the announcement says "It'll be some time before we have more to reveal." Also, considering Microsoft will soon be finalizing the acqusition of Bethesda parent company ZeniMax Media, the Indiana Jones project may be an Xbox and PC platform exclusive when it is finally ready to ship.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.0.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 10.0.0-a1:

General

Retry media lookups that failed due to transient errors Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Universal Media Server 10.0.0 - 2021-01-12 - Changes since 9.8.3:

DLNA browsing

When browsing a TV show in the Media Library, all videos across all seasons are visible. There are two new folders within the Movies and TV Shows folders - Filter by Progress and Filter by Information. Filter by Progress contains the Watched and Unwatched folders which used to sit within the Videos folder in the Media Library Filter by Information lets you filter the videos by a new rich metadata set (actors, genres, country, director, genre, IMDb rating, release date). Alongside that is a similar folder Filter by Information which lets you filter the videos by API metadata (actors, genres, etc.) New folders Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played are in the Media Library Web interface

Added breadcrumbs at the top of each page When in the TV Shows area of the Media Library, the TV shows themselves are shown as thumbnails, with covers from the API When browsing a TV show, a movie, or a TV episode, any API metadata is displayed along with a large cover image, including actors, awards, classification, country, directors, genres, plot, ratings, year, and total seasons. On those pages above, the colors on the pages are based on the cover image Clicking on an individual actor, country, director, genre, or start year, takes you to a list of other media that matches that metadata The last few items in the Recently Added, Recently Played, In Progress and Most Played folders are displayed on the front page Each TV show and movie has an IMDb icon and direct link if one is found Folder and media covers are shown Fixed bugs with the Back button Version has moved to the settings menu Minor design updates General

API is enabled even without filename prettifying Failed API lookups are debounced by 1 week to avoid network spam Changed prettified season/episode number formatting from Series - 101 - Episode to Series S01E01 - Episode Fixed some bugs with prettifying to support more files Added support for audio playlist thumbnails (thanks, sf666!) Playlist folders are correctly identified via UPnP (thanks, sf666!) Fixed automatic file watching Renderers

Improved support for Sony Bluray UBP-X800M2 (thanks, thechrisgregory!) Fixed UPnP pushing via Panasonic TVs and Samsung Q9 TVs Translation updates via Crowdin

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) English (United Kingdom) (32%) Finnish (100%) Greek (91%) French (100%) Japanese (99%) Polish (100%) Portuguese (100%) Portuguese (Brazilian) (100%) Romanian (99%) Serbian (99%) Turkish (100%) Dependency updates

Bump jQuery from 1.12.0 to 3.5.1 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.1.4 to 4.2.0 Bump video.js from 7.2.3 to 7.10.1 Download: Universal Media Server 10.0 | 160.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By zikalify
      Canalys: Global PC market saw 25% YoY growth in 4Q20
      by Paul Hill

The analyst firm Canalys has reported that the global PC market saw 25% year-over-year growth in the fourth quarter of 2020. The firm classifies the PC market as desktops, notebooks (including Chromebooks) and workstations but excludes tablets which are sometimes used by some in place of a full-blown PC. Total PC shipments in 2020 grew by 11% reaching 297 million units.

The full-year growth in the PC market is the highest that’s been seen since 2020 and the number of units shipped is the highest seen since 2014. The growth in 2020 was driven by laptops and mobile workstations; they saw a growth rate of 44% compared to 2019. Desktops, on the other hand, were less successful with shipments falling 20% compared to 2019; there were 61.9 million shipments in this segment of the market in 2020.

In the fourth quarter, the biggest PC vendor was Lenovo which shipped 23.1 million units, in second place was HP which shipped 19.1 million units. Dell came in third place shipping more than 15 million units for the first time ever, Apple was in fourth place shipping 7.1 million units and Acer came fifth with 6.1 million units shipped. Other companies shipped a combined 18.9 million units in the fourth quarter.

According to Canalys Research Director Rushabh Doshi, PCs have been at the centre of the digital transformation that the world has gone through in the past year due to the coronavirus pandemic. Doshi said that going forward it’s going to be “extremely difficult” to write off PCs and that it’s likely that they’re here to stay.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Microsoft announces the Pulse Red Xbox Wireless Controller
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

The modernized Xbox Wireless Controller that Microsoft launched with its new generation of Xbox Series X and S consoles is gaining a new variant soon. Announced today, the Pulse Red variant will be joining the Carbon Black, Robot White, and Shock Blue controller options that are already available.

Similar to the Shock Blue controller's coloring style, the new Pulse Red arrives with red analog sticks, menu buttons, and a top case, which are joined by a white back case. Meanwhile, the front of the controller, triggers, bumpers, and the D-pad are matte black.

As expected, all of the improvements brought to the new generation of controllers can be seen here too, such as the new remappable Share button on the middle, textured dot pattern on triggers and bumpers, multiple device recognition, and USB-C connection, among others. The controller is compatible with Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One console families, PC, and mobile devices.

The Pulse Red Xbox Wireless Controller will go on sale for $64.99 starting February 9 across most Xbox-supported regions, and an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 14-day trial will be included in the package. Gamers in China will be able to pick the controller up starting tomorrow, January 12.