neoadorable

I feel like the same things were probably said five or ten or twenty years ago about patch sizes then. That said they do seem peculiarly large. I personally don't care, but it does seem odd.

Definitely not a deal breaker by any means, but as you say odd. What the hell did they forget that's 7GB?

EDIT: can we assume it's just the usual "let's put the DLC in there why not then charge them for the activation code"?

HawkMan

You can have Nazi's without nazi symobology. no matter what the symbol is everyone recognizes a nazi anyway. 

• Like 1
McKay

I wonder what the state of the game will be for anyone who doesn't have the internet  :/

neoadorable

You can have Nazi's without nazi symobology. no matter what the symbol is everyone recognizes a nazi anyway. 

Yes, we all knew what those Helghast were actually supposed to be :rofl:

• Like 1
neoadorable

I wonder what the state of the game will be for anyone who doesn't have the internet  :/

Probably something like Dead Rising 3 recently? Not DLC ready? If there really are 50GB on the disc it can't possibly be graphics or audio or something like that, it has to be DLC

• Like 1
ubersicko

Doesn't bother me one bit, as I will be buying it from xbox live

• Like 2
neoadorable

LOL Machine Games really have it in for Germans, must be some lingering resentment. Did The Darkness not do well in Germany or something? :laugh:

Anyway, just kidding, really awesome trailer, dude in gas mask casually steps on sunflower...then shoots wounded gas attack victim who's crawling on the ground in the head. Maybe it was merciful....

• Like 1
compl3x

We all knew patches like this were coming. You pretty much have to expect it now.

neoadorable

We all knew patches like this were coming. You pretty much have to expect it now.

This is true, stuff is so dynamic now that from "going gold" to going on your drive the devs add so much stuff there's no getting around these patches. They're not even patches anymore, they're like mini games growing out of the main game, like Kuato in Total Recall..."open your hard drive....open your hard drive..."

Kuato.png

Elliot B.

At this rate we'll only be able to fit like 5 games on our consoles.

No, most of the patches files will overwrite existing files so the overall original install won't get much larger.
GotBored

No, most of the patches files will overwrite existing files so the overall original install won't get much larger.

You have source that says this or just guessing?

Elliot B.

You have source that says this or just guessing?

Past experience with past day one patches.
GotBored

Past experience with past day one patches.

So a guess, thanks for clearing that up.

Ci7

that would give rise for 1TB+ console bundle 

FiB3R

I'm really not sure we can/should call these machines 'consoles' anymore.

Alwaysonacoffebreak

Basically Max Payne 3 was one of the first games that started all of this bull. First when rockstar released the system req. I was "WTF IS THIS?!" and then the first day patch came, I was about to tear my own hair out. But I guess we'll be seeing more and more of this.

compl3x

Yes, we all knew what those Helghast were actually supposed to be :rofl:

SPACE NAZIS!

• Like 1
ShadowMajestic

So if you replace swastikas with some other sharp edged symbol the game is suddenly bad.

in that case, I'd say it was a bad game to start with.

Strange how the first and second Wolfensteins, including censoring, where so immensely popular in Germany.

Andrew

Topics merged

DeltaXray

I'm hoping I might receive wolfenstein today. ShopTo dispatched yesterday by first class so unless they were lying it should be in the post today. Maybe.

+Anarkii

I ache for the day when developers release a game that is finished so we get no more damn bug fixing patches. 
I would rather wait 6 months then get a game early riddled with bugs that needs such ridiculous  5GB+ day-one patches.

MorganX

You have to remember that the Nazis brought it on themselves. A lot of games treat Nazis as almost an entire race in and of themselves rather than blanket 'Germans'.

After what happened there is no way their usage as enemies in games can be seen as racism.

It is also important to remember that the Nazi party was the minority party, and they ruled and came to power through fear, intimidation, and murder. They eliminated all opposition.

Many german citizens saved many lives at risk to their own and their families, and their stories will be untold. Once a dictatorship like that is in place, it's difficult to judge those who don't fight against said regime. That is difficult to judge. There is a human instinct to survive and protect your families and children, so once evil is in power ... they are hard to unseat.

Plus, Nazi's were able to evolve their ideology so far uninterrupted because of support and being modeled after similar beliefs in the US (American Racism, Eugenesis. Hitler had the support of Joe Kennedy, the Rockefellers, Henry Ford and many other powerful Americans) and Russia (Marxism, the part that believed lower classes should be exterminated to allow the superior classes to prosper). Before the Nazi's invaded Russia, Russia starved what, over 7 million lower class people to make room for the upper classes to prosper? The prison camps Russia liberated were not shut down, Russia filled them and used them for the same purpose for many years after the war. Most pictures you see of bodies being removed, are Russia removing them to make room for their prisoners.

It's not racism, or nationalism, it's good vs. evil. Thus the world will never tire of killin', stabbin', stranglin' Nazis. And I think that is a good thing.

• Like 3
DirtyLarry

Looking forward to picking the game on on Tuesday, and even better is it looks like I will be extending my upcoming holiday weekend by taking Thursday & Friday off as well, so should get some quality time playing the game I am hoping. :yes:

• Like 1
neoadorable

SPACE NAZIS!

Precisely, except in Shadowfall Guerilla showed their true faces...and made the space nazis very sympathetic all of a sudden. Perhaps guilt after slaughtering them by the hundreds for over a decade!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft Edge Chromium is starting to roll out for Xbox consoles
      by Rich Woods

If you've been waiting for Microsoft's new Edge browser to show up on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles, well, you'd probably be one of few. However, it's finally available, as spotted by Windows Central. A small group of Xbox Insiders are getting it now, and it will probably roll out to the general public in a matter of weeks.

The reason that this needs to be done in weeks instead of months is that Edge Legacy will no longer be supported after March 9. That means that if you haven't moved to the new Edge by April's Patch Tuesday, you'll be considered to be in an unsecure state.

The difference between the two browsers is that the new Edge is built from the open-source Chromium browser, the same one that Google Chrome is based on. On Windows 10, those on the latest feature update already have the new Chromium-based browser. For those that aren't, Microsoft will be pushing out an update in April.

Up until this point, Microsoft has been pretty quiet about the state of Edge Chromium on Xbox consoles. The Edge team was always very clear that the browser was eventually coming to all platforms where Edge Legacy lives, but all it ever really said was that it wouldn't be available for Xbox at the time of launch early last year. But now, it's finally here.

• By indospot
      NBA 2K21, Star Wars: Squadrons, and more are coming to Xbox Game Pass this month
      by João Carrasqueira

As we start a new month, it's time for a new wave of games to make their way to Xbox Game Pass, and Microsoft has announced a handful of them. Most of the lineup announced today is focused on sports titles, and a good part of those comes from Electronic Arts through the EA Play service, which has been included with Xbox Game Pass for console since last year.

The lineup of EA Play titles for March was announced last week, and those are the titles being added to Game Pass as a result. These include Star Wars: Squadrons and Madden NFL 21. Here's the full list of Xbox Game Pass games being added:

Madden NFL 21 (Console, EA Play) - Available now Football Manager 2021 (PC) - March 4 Football Manager 2021 Xbox Edition (Console and PC) - March 4 NBA 2K21 (Cloud and console) - March 4 Star Wars: Squadrons (Console, EA Play) - March NHL 21 (Console, EA Play) - April In addition to these new games, Microsoft also mentioned that Cricket 19 is now available on Game Pass for PC and Elite Dangerous is now available on the cloud, after being added to the console variant of Game Pass last month.

Microsoft has also highlighted a few titles that are leaving the service this month, which you may want to check out while you can. Here's the full list:

Alvastia Chronicles (Console and PC) Astrologaster (PC) Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Console and PC) Kona (Console) The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Console) All of these games are leaving Game Pass on March 15, so you only have a few more days to try them out. As a reminder, a few games that were added a couple of weeks ago are still available to play at no additional cost. We should see another wave of games announced in the middle of the month, as per Microsoft's tradition.

• By indospot
      Amazon releases an Alexa app for Xbox, but you still need an Alexa device
      by João Carrasqueira

The Xbox One has supported Alexa voice commands for over two years, but until now, it was available as an Alexa skill. That means that, while you can use an Alexa-enabled device like an Echo speaker to control an Xbox console, there were some limits to what you could do with it. Most of the features were related to Xbox-specific things, like launching games or turning on the console.

That's changing, though, as Twitter user WalkingCat has spotted a new Alexa app for Xbox on the Microsoft Store (via MSPoweruser). According to the listing, the app supports both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. The app brings Alexa features directly to the console, but as noted in the app's description, you'll still need an Alexa-enabled device to use it.

As for what you can do with it, it should include all the same features as the Alexa skill for Xbox, like launching a game, playing music, and so on. You can also do non-Xbox related things, though, like ask the digital assistant to see a shopping list on the TV or see a security camera feed there.

As Microsoft has moved away from Cortana as a consumer-facing feature, third-party assistants have started expanding their presence on Windows-based platforms. In addition to Xbox integration, there's also an app for Windows 10 PCs - which uses a different Microsoft Store listing - that's bundled with PCs from select OEMs.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Assassin's Creed, Tom Clancy's, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for a weekly Deals with Gold sale. This week, games like X, X, and more are available for substantially less. Below, you'll find the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. The games marked with an asterisk are only valid for Xbox Live Gold members.

Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      If you're still using an Xbox 360, there's a lot going on this week. Almost all the games are backward compatible so you can play them on your Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.2.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.2.0 changelog:

General

Added option to skip the first-run wizard (thanks, Ahmed Adan!) Improved speed of API lookups by up to 3x Improved support for MusicBrainz (thanks, ik666!) Fixed support for some languages, e.g. Arabic Fixed and secured some URLs in the code and docs Translation updates via Crowdin

Arabic (100%) (thanks, خليل مراطلة !) Catalan (100%) (thanks, nikodeimos!) French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!) Hungarian (100%) (thanks, Viktor Kozma!) Slovak (99%) (thanks, Dušan!) Swedish (100%) (thanks, Erik Karlsson!) Dependency updates

Bump CheckStyle to 8.40 Renderers

Added support for MediaPlayer by PeteManchester Added support for nextCP/2 Fix auto loading for Sony UBP-X800 Download: Universal Media Server 10.2.0 | 160.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware