Apple WWDC 2013 Discussion Thread

What do you expect to see during the WWDC 2013 keynote?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. What do you expect to see during the WWDC 2013 keynote?

• iOS 7
    • OS X 10.9
    • iTunes 12
    • Other software updates
    • Macbook Pro refresh
    • Macbook Air refresh
    • New Mac Pro
    • iMac refresh
    • iPhone 5S
    • iPhone 6
    • Budget iPhone
    • iPad 5
    • iPad Mini 2
    • Apple TV refresh
    • 'One more thing'

I also can't help but think of Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks.

If they were going for "California" themed names, might as well have just called it OS X Lakers.

People bring up the AAPL stock movements every single time in attempt to somehow prove that Apple has failed catastrophically this time around. Every single time someone has to point out the same thing. A -0.66% change is nothing out of the ordinary for Apple stock or most other big companies for that matter.

As far as I know people have heavily relied on buy the rumor, sell the news behavior for Apple events so ending the day in the negative is not much of a surprise at all.

Apple's no long innovating, but rather copying!

post-455563-0-80164800-1370897310.jpg

These comments are fantastic. Either they're copying Windows / Android / some operating system no one remembers, or they're not copying anyone and they've made some Fisher Price travesty of a design.

I guess everyone needs something to complain about.

These comments are fantastic. Either they're copying Windows / Android / some operating system no one remembers, or they're not copying anyone and they've made some Fisher Price travesty of a design.

I guess everyone needs something to complain about.

I am not really complaining. Just Apple has sunk so low. They used to be the company that sets the bar, comes out with new interesting and unique products. Now they are the same as anyone else.

I never liked Jobs, but that guy knew what he was doing and I am betting things would be much different if he was still around.

I think OS X looks pretty good, but just some rather small changes. Looking forward to the Finder Tabs feature. I don't see a big problem with the name, since I'm supposed to use the OS and not keep saying it's name.

iOS looks really weird in my opinion. I hope the color schemes will fit into your wallpaper changes.

Also I was hoping for a Thunderbolt Display update, which just might be as thin as the iMac's

It's a gimmick, but the parallax wallpaper is pretty neat. But I wonder how it will look with wallpapers that use patterns, landscapes, etc. Most of the demos are using nice photography. But I really like the idea of creating a sense of depth, it's something that will be very cool to see once all the third-party apps are updated to take advantage of it.

Also I was hoping for a Thunderbolt Display update, which just might be as thin as the iMac's

This, the size is very big compared to the iMacs.

I am not really complaining. Just Apple has sunk so low. They used to be the company that sets the bar, comes out with new interesting and unique products. Now they are the same as anyone else.

I never liked Jobs, but that guy knew what he was doing and I am betting things would be much different if he was still around.

Yer right, that Mac Pro is just like every other PC out there, and those Macbook airs that are incredibly light that get 9 - 12 hours of battery life are just like every other ultrabook out there.

It's always unclear to me what people expect from these events. Except for the iPhone, Apple has never really been first at anything. On the other hand, their UI and the fact that their products, for the most part, work really damn well are why they're still in business. If it takes them six months or a few years longer to implement something, do I really care? Last I checked, Windows Phone isn't even comparable to iOS, and there's no desktop version of Android. If you want one environment to live in, Apple is still the best at it.

By the way as of right now Apple is down about $3 and Google is up about $8 Remember and Apple has the WWDC conference not Google. What this show's me is that people are finally catching on and are getting smarter,

This is nonsense. Stocks ALWAYS go down after a conference or announcment & not just for Apple.

Also you just come off as a elitist dork when you say, "people are finally catching on and are getting smarter".

Yer right, that Mac Pro is just like every other PC out there, and those Macbook airs that are incredibly light that get 9 - 12 hours of battery life are just like every other ultrabook out there.

It's always unclear to me what people expect from these events. Except for the iPhone, Apple has never really been first at anything. On the other hand, their UI and the fact that their products, for the most part, work really damn well are why they're still in business. If it takes them six months or a few years longer to implement something, do I really care? Last I checked, Windows Phone isn't even comparable to iOS, and there's no desktop version of Android. If you want one environment to live in, Apple is still the best at it.

I was talking about the topic at hand...and all the stuff you mentioned is not innovative at all. Apple has not been innovative in years. I dont call longer battery life an innovation.

I just installed the beta on my phone. I want to burn it! It looks like a cheap free theme from Cydia. All the attention to detail that Apple used to have. I can't believe it but it was really all Steve Jobs. Can anyone recommend any good Windows Phones? As much as I hate Windows 8 I do like the Windows 8 Phone. :)

The only thing I regret is buying all these Apple products that I won't be able to use if I switch. (Airplay devices).

I was talking about the topic at hand...and all the stuff you mentioned is not innovative at all. Apple has not been innovative in years. I dont call longer battery life an innovation.

You were talking about new and interesting products. If you can find me an ultrabook like the Macbook Air, or desktop like the Mac Pro, I'd love to see them.

If those don't interest you, then I guess you can just wait for the iUnicorn, or whatever other fantastical device you were expecting.

Finally got my ADC account renewed, haven't gotten a chance to play with Mavericks yet, but iOS 7 is pretty nice. Even for a beta, it's been surprisingly solid so far.

It's quite clear they took a lot of inspiration from Windows Phone, though. Even the old "delete" widgets have been replaced by big, textual squares that are quite buggy at this point in time. I really like the parallax effect, although it seems to look better with certain wallpapers. There are also some "dynamic" wallpapers that animate on the lock and home screens.

I can't find the Spotlight menu. It's not to the left of the first home screen like it used to be, and I don't see it in either the notification or control panels that you get from swiping up or down.

I can't find the Spotlight menu. It's not to the left of the first home screen like it used to be, and I don't see it in either the notification or control panels that you get from swiping up or down.

iOS-7-Spotlight.jpeg

Folders (left) and Spotlight (right), now accessible by pulling down on any Home screen.

See if that works

The new Mac Pros look awesome! Finally a really nice looking change to the 10 year old tower look. I can't wait to try it out.

OS X, well they added some much needed features for power users, still not convinced they have enough left to keep adding to it, a lot of features now seem to be pulled from iOS.

As far as iOS goes, most of you guys want to compare it to Android or Windows Phones. However the one thing that Apple does, and usually does it well is takes trends in design and other OS's, sees whats working and one ups the design. From a graphical point of view they really put a lot of thought into the design with the colors, font choices and sizing, something most don't think about. They now have multi tasking like from WebOS which is awesome. It will be interesting to see Ives design language evolve, because he is a great designer.

iOS 7 looks ugly on iPhone 4 and there are no dynamic wallpapers either. :/

Is there no transparency in iOS 7 on the iPhone 4?