George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

Dane

Good. The jury didnt buy their BS and they did exactly what should have been done. They're was still doubt so they did not meet their burden.

• Like 2
Lord Method Man

Never should have been charges to begin with. What a sham.

• Like 12
Atomic Wanderer Chicken

He may be free, but actually he's not. Zimmerman is going to have be in hiding for the rest of his life. I wouldn't doubt for the least, they're people who are currently planning to kill him.

• Like 4
heatlesssun

Congratulations Mr. Zimmerman. This one didn't get away. I can accept the jury's decision from a legal standpoint but there are a lot of concerns raised by this verdict. This verdict seems to validate that a person can target another person, start a confrontation by following that second person that is harming no one and not committing any criminal activity at the time, get into a fight, pull a gun an shoot them, claim self-defense and that's that. Of course with better physical evidence or better eyewitness testimony than in this case it might not always be an easy proposition to claim self-defense, but the bar seems to be incredibly low now when on person can just walk away with minor injuries and the other person ends up dead.

• Like 3
Dane

He may be free, but actually he's not. Zimmerman is going to have be in hiding for the rest of his life. I wouldn't doubt for the least, they're people who are currently planning to kill him.

I hope he personally owns TV networks and organizations for slander and defamation of character.

Especially nancy grace. She's an idiot, who spewed pure hatred. And NBC for editing the 911 call.

• Like 5
Lord Method Man

This verdict seems to validate that a person can target another person, start a confrontation by following that second person that is harming no one and not committing any criminal activity at the time, get into a fight, pull a gun an shoot them, claim self-defense and that's that.

Yes, its perfectly legal to verbally confront someone on the street. If they choose to violently attack you for doing so and threaten your life, you can shoot them in self defense. I really don't get why this is blowing people's minds so much.

• Like 18
Deihmos

I don't buy this self defense BS. Why did he follow the kid and why would a 17 year old attack someone holding a gun while they are on the way home? I am convinced that he wanted to shoot someone and a neighborhood watch is suppose to do just that...watch. I hope his life is miserable. 

necroxd

Yes, its perfectly legal to verbally confront someone on the street. If they choose to violently attack you for doing so and threaten your life, you can shoot them in self defense. I really don't get why this is blowing people's minds so much.

Makes sense to me.

Lord Method Man

I don't buy this self defense BS.

That's alright, fortunately the jury did.

123456789A

I don't buy this self defense BS. Why did he follow the kid and why would a 17 year old attack someone holding a gun while they are on the way home? I am convinced that he wanted to shoot someone and a neighborhood watch is suppose to do just that...watch. I hope his life is miserable. 

Zimmerman wasn't brandishing his weapon, and Trayvon got the jump on him. I think the court has already spoken to the facts of the case.

DocM

I hope he personally owns TV networks and organizations for slander and defamation of character.

Especially nancy grace. She's an idiot, who spewed pure hatred. And NBC for editing the 911 call.

Precisely!! This prosecution was all about defusing the post-incident situation and getting the likes of Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, New Black Panthers etc. out of town. Pure politics. Nothing else.

This puts NBC and ABC news in a VERY bad place for their editing of the 911 calls and police station videp. They're gonna pay bigtime - might as well settle now.

And -

TOLD YOU SO!!

• Like 5
Lord Method Man

Zimmerman wasn't brandishing his weapon, and Trayvon got the jump on him. I think the court has already spoken to the facts of the case.

The anti-Zimmerman crowd waved bye-bye to the actual facts of the case long, long ago.

• Like 8
Deihmos

I don't buy it. The police officers told him not to follow the kid but yet he did and he killed him as a result. The kid was on his way home from the store carrying ice tea. I don't buy self defense for a minute. 

• Like 4
123456789A

The anti-Zimmerman crowd waved bye-bye to the actual facts of the case long, long ago.

Well the awesome thing is now we have progressive leaders like Jesse Jackson urging violence over the verdict.

heatlesssun

He may be free, but actually he's not. Zimmerman is going to have be in hiding for the rest of his life. I wouldn't doubt for the least, they're people who are currently planning to kill him.

Sure there will be threats against his life but now that he is a poster child for the right wing media, he'll make tons of money and will be well protected. 

Lord Method Man

Well the awesome thing is now we have progressive leaders like Jesse Jackson urging violence over the verdict.

Nothing new there.

necroxd

I don't buy it. The police officers told him not to follow the kid but yet he did and he killed him as a result. The kid was on his way home from the store carrying ice tea. I don't buy self defense for a minute.

911 operator is not a cop. Also you forgot the skittles.

• Like 1
DocM

Big surprise - professional rabble rousers rabble rousing.

• Like 1
Atomic Wanderer Chicken

I thought it was ridiculous this case was turned into a racial type thing. This was just a case of two persons who were in a death struggle like any other type of death struggle. I never looked at this case from a 1960s like stand point and I looked at this more like a 21st century stand point.  The whole racial thing in this case and in the media is 1960s-esque, which says race relations are still bad in the USA!

• Like 2
heatlesssun

Yes, its perfectly legal to verbally confront someone on the street. If they choose to violently attack you for doing so and threaten your life, you can shoot them in self defense. I really don't get why this is blowing people's minds so much.

But after this case, and being black, I think i have every right to believe that just a verbal confrontation of someone following me means my life is at serious risk. 

Night Prowler

If this case would have been turned over to a grand jury in the first palace this case would have never have seen the inside of a court house. I hope Zimmerman sues the hell out of the state of Florida. There is a reason why there is a grand jury process and they simply bypassed that procedure so they could spend millions on a trial that ended in the same verdict that the grand jury would have came up with. Just pathetic...

necroxd

But after this case, and being black, I think i have every right to believe that just a verbal confrontation of someone following me means my life is at serious risk.

Only if you throw a punch and start slamming their head on the concrete then yeah it's open season on you.

123456789A

Who cares if you're black? Besides the media and the people out there who want to perpetuate racial division.

• Like 4