George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

I can't say I'm surprised by the result as Florida law?like that of a lot of US states?heavily favours anyone claiming self-defence, even if they initiate the confrontation. This verdict highlights how out of touch the US is from the rest of western society.

• Like 3

Trayvon Martin would be alive today if he were white...snipped

Unless you have some method of seeing the future, there's no possible way you can know that. If you people hadn't made such a huge racial thing out of it (needlessly I might add) this case would've gone on just like EVERY OTHER ONE exactly like it and that would've been the end of it.

What makes little sense to me, is the last part of my previous sentence. This sort of crap happens more often than you think, yet no one ever says anything. I expect everyone who's been wasting spending their time protesting this verdict to do the same the next time a guy (notice there was no mention of race there) gets shot in self defense, as I'm sure you don't want to be labeled a hypocrite.

Like that he saw and black teenager and assumed he was a criminal the first time that Zimmerman laid eyes on him? That's not far fetched, that's what happened and there's an audio recording of if. 

Its over. Repeating the same nonsense ad nauseum  is not going to change the verdict.

I appreciate what you are saying here and give you credit for at least trying to look at the issue beyond a certain view. And being a black man in my 40's with parents that grew up under Jim Crow in the Southern US at the height of those laws, yes, I feel much less safe. If a white person starts following and we somehow cross paths even if I am doing nothing, I have to assume that they think I am a criminal. That's what Zimmerman thought and he killed the person he thought that of and is now free. For all I know someone if just trying to see if they can be Zimmerman #2. 

As far as I am concerned, yes, if you're black in this country you now have less protection under the law because your race makes you a target and the law doesn't account for the fact that if you are black or mistaken for black that confrontations can be started by your skin color. Trayvon Martin would be alive today if he were white and certainly the media would have had far less interest in this case if Trayvon Martin were white and Zimmerman certainly wouldn't be the poster child of the right wing for for killing a white teenager. 

Zimmerman will profit financially in all of this this now that he is free of ever being criminal over this case.

Like that he saw and black teenager and assumed he was a criminal the first time that Zimmerman laid eyes on him? That's not far fetched, that's what happened and there's an audio recording of if. 

It's interesting how the people crying we're all racist (while people, zimmerman, etc) are the only ones who bring race up.

I wonder if MSNBC edited the audio of the verdict announcement to sound like "Guilty" instead of "Not Guilty."

I guess if I run into one of the 7 people who actually watch that channel I'll ask them.

Its over. Repeating the same nonsense ad nauseum  is not going to change the verdict.

And apparently you didn't read the part were i acknowledge this verdict. I'm a black man living in the Southern US. This will never be over I am afraid. Not the Zimmerman case specifically, but this 400 year blood feud. Do you really think that anyone cared about a wannbe cop and a black kid? No, this was all about race. The media left or right wouldn't have given this case three seconds of coverage had race not been an issue.

So, no, it's not over, Had it been over you and I would not know who George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin are. 

I appreciate what you are saying here and give you credit for at least trying to look at the issue beyond a certain view. And being a black man in my 40's with parents that grew up under Jim Crow in the Southern US at the height of those laws, yes, I feel much less safe. If a white person starts following and we somehow cross paths even if I am doing nothing, I have to assume that they think I am a criminal. That's what Zimmerman thought and he killed the person he thought that of and is now free. For all I know someone if just trying to see if they can be Zimmerman #2. 

As far as I am concerned, yes, if you're black in this country you now have less protection under the law because your race makes you a target and the law doesn't account for the fact that if you are black or mistaken for black that confrontations can be started by your skin color. Trayvon Martin would be alive today if he were white and certainly the media would have had far less interest in this case if Trayvon Martin were white and Zimmerman certainly wouldn't be the poster child of the right wing for for killing a white teenager.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Sadly, it will be a very long time before being black alone will not make you an acceptable target.

I'll bow out of the thread now as there isn't room for a real discussion here.

And apparently you didn't read the part were i acknowledge this verdict. I'm a black man living in the Southern US. This will never be over I am afraid. Not the Zimmerman case specifically, but this 400 year blood feud. Do you really think that anyone cared about a wannbe cop and a black kid? No, this was all about race. The media left or right wouldn't have given this case three seconds of coverage had race not been an issue.

So, no, it's not over, Had it been over you and I would not know who George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin are. 

There has been a 400 year blood feud between hispanics and blacks?

It's interesting how the people crying we're all racist (while people, zimmerman, etc) are the only ones who bring race up.

I always find this one comical. So it's never about race unless someone specifically mentions race? George Zimmerman bought up race in this case. "These ###### always get away."  How did Zimmerman know that Martin was an ###### by looking at him? 

I always find this one comical. So it's never about race unless someone specifically mentions race? George Zimmerman bought up race in this case. "These *******s always get away."  How did Zimmerman know that Martin was an ******* by looking at him? 

I'm pretty sure that *******s is a global term and not limited to race.

Zimmerman gained a considerable amount of weight from the beginning of the trial and to the end.

george-zimmerman.png?w=747&h=488

Stress can ###### up.

I always find this one comical. So it's never about race unless someone specifically mentions race? George Zimmerman bought up race in this case. "These *******s always get away."  How did Zimmerman know that Martin was an ******* by looking at him? 

the F-bomb aint a racial term

There has been a 400 year blood feud between hispanics and blacks?

You don't seem to have picked up on the point that DNA testing still isn't possible with just sight, Maybe Google Glass will solve that problem. As I have said, I accept the jury's decision, it was certainly within the bounds of the law. The question though for blacks, and indeed even Hispanics, if Trayvon Martin was white or looked white would he still be alive today? 

Until you live in a society that with a majority that writes the laws and judges you by how you look based on a genetic factor beyond your control can you understand personally the points some have in a case like this. 

Zimmerman gained a considerable amount of weight from the beginning of the trial and to the end.

george-zimmerman.png?w=747&h=488

Got fatter and lighter!

the F-bomb aint a racial term

The F-bomb wasn't why Martin was of interest to Zimmerman. Again, my point, the point that many patriotic, hardworking, mind their own business blacks have in the US about this verdict is that they feel to the core of their being that Trayvon Martin would be alive today if we were white. Have the same situation play out to the exact detail except change Trayvon Martin's skin color and Zimmerman would still be a wannbe cop and Trayvon Martin would still be a troubled teenager, though breathing. 

Are you telling me that its okay to stalk a kid walking home from the store at night than confront him and start a fight? Than your losing the fight and you use a weapon and claim it was self defense? That what you all are saying that you are glad that Zimmerman was found not guilty of a single crime. How dare you guys agree with that? He took a kids life that never could be brought back or undone! He was some ones child or grand child and friend, his life was taken away by a guy on a power trip! For shame on you!, Zimmerman should fear God, he can never pull this on God!

The F-bomb wasn't why Martin was of interest to Zimmerman. Again, my point, the point that many patriotic, hardworking, mind their own business blacks have in the US about this verdict is that they feel to the core of their being that Trayvon Martin would be alive today if we were white. Have the same situation play out to the exact detail except change Trayvon Martin's skin color and Zimmerman would still be a wannbe cop and Trayvon Martin would still be a troubled teenager, though breathing. 

http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

It was the dispatcher that was interested in his color.

Zimmerman would have never called had he not seen a black kid. 

:rolleyes:

Good to know you can read minds from the Internet.  That is a marketable skill.

• Like 2

Are you telling me that its okay to stalk a kid walking home from the store at night than confront him and start a fight? 

And that's the problem. Zimmerman saw a black kid and saw a treat, plain and simple. There's no doubt about that because Zimmerman had a history of it. I'm not saying he didn't have a reason, he saw a lot of blacks commit crimes. But this particular black kid was committing no crime when he saw he. So that's why I believe that black have to be afraid here. No matter how good of a person you are, how hard you work, how much you try to help or serve your country or lack there of, it is of no consequence. The first time someone lays eyes on you and you are black you have to assume that that person perceives you as a deadly threat, especially if they are following you. If you don't take preemptive measures why should you assume that the person following you means you ho harm?

Guns owners constantly make the the argument that people are out to get them, that they have to presume the worst. I am simply making the same argument. 

• Like 1

And that's the problem. Zimmerman saw a black kid and saw a treat, plain and simple. There's no doubt about that because Zimmerman had a history of it. I'm not saying he didn't have a reason, he saw a lot of blacks commit crimes. But this particular black kid was committing no crime when he saw he. So that's why I believe that black have to be afraid here. No matter how good of a person you are, how hard you work, how much you try to help or serve your country or lack there of, it is of no consequence. The first time someone lays eyes on you and you are black you have to assume that that person perceives you as a deadly threat, especially if they are following you. If you don't take preemptive measures why should you assume that the person following you means you ho harm?

Guns owners constantly make the the argument that people are out to get them, that they have to presume the worst. I am simply making the same argument. 

You're doing quite a bit of generalizing and I gotta say, it's not really doing anything to help your argument.

You don't have anything more to be afraid of (or not) today than you did yesterday.

And you're not making the same argument. You're basically saying at any given moment a white person can and will kill you just for the hell of it and get away with it. Let's talk about racism, shall we?

:rolleyes:

Good to know you can read minds from the Internet.  That is a marketable skill.

In every call that Zimmerman made to police the "suspect" was always black. Zimmerman never called the police on a white person. It's in the trial proceedings. I simply made a deduction based on an established pattern. 

You're doing quite a bit of generalizing and I gotta say, it's not really doing anything to help your argument.

You don't have anything more to be afraid of (or not) today than you did yesterday.

And generalization is way Trayvon Martin is dead.