George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

anyone who thinks this is a race issue needs to stop being ignorant and read about Rodrick Scott from new york....

god forbid main stream media bring up that case, it would make them look like fools

And my issue is that you're absolutely wrong. Zimmerman said why he was suspicious and never mentioned race until asked.

The mentioning of race isn't the point, it's the NOTICING of it which clearly me must have since he was able to identify a black male. If Martin had been white would Zimmerman called him an a-hole right off the bat? Would Zimmerman have followed a white guy? This whole thing started because Martin was black. And now we see all of these stereotypes about how he was nothing but a thuggish black kid, literally able to beat to death with his bare hands, and of course some concrete what was 25 ft away from where Zimmerman kill Martin in the grass, a grown man with some fight training that outweighed him 40 pounds.

no he didn't. quit trying to put your own spin on the mess.. it came out in witness testimony that, Trayvon jumped zimmerman. get your facts straight. you're about as credible as the main stream media.

What whiteness saw Martin jump Zimmerman? There were witnesses that said they thought that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman, but I don't believe anyone was witness to the initial confrontation. 

anyone who thinks this is a race issue needs to stop being ignorant and read about Rodrick Scott from new york....

god forbid main stream media bring up that case, it would make them look like fools

I've been black all of my life of 45 years. Telling a grown black man, particularly one on the larger side that they don't get profiled is ignorant as well. I don't know with certainty that's what happened here but again, why would Zimmerman start calling a complete stranger an a-hole? That these punks always get away? I certainly doubt we have said that about a little old white lady or even a little old black lady. He saw a young black kid and thought he has a thug, just like many of you have determined about Martin. But of course Zimmerman hadn't dug into all of his social media before making that determination. 

The mentioning of race isn't the point, it's the NOTICING of it which clearly me must have since he was able to identify a black male. If Martin had been white would Zimmerman called him an a-hole right off the bat? Would Zimmerman have followed a white guy? This whole thing started because Martin was black. And now we see all of these stereotypes about how he was nothing but a thuggish black kid, literally able to beat to death with his bare hands, and of course some concrete what was 25 ft away from where Zimmerman kill Martin in the grass, a grown man with some fight training that outweighed him 40 pounds.

What whiteness saw Martin jump Zimmerman? There were witnesses that said they thought that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman, but I don't believe anyone was witness to the initial confrontation. 

try the expert testimony as to the bullet path through trayvons chest! it proved the statement of zimmerman who said trayvon was on top of him as stated. forensics is a bitch in regards the prosecution isn't it? this is the mentallity

Good testified that he saw what he believed to be Martin on top of Zimmerman. "The color on top was dark and the color at bottom was?red," Good said referring to the men's clothing. At another point he told the court that the person on the bottom had "lighter skin color." LINK
Zimmerman is a white Hispanic who was wearing a red and black jacket that night. Martin, who was black, was wearing a dark sweatshirt.

"The person on the bottom, I could hear a 'Help,'" Good said.

Under cross examination by Zimmerman's lawyer, Good said he believes he saw Martin on top punching Zimmerman "MMA style," a reference to mixed martial arts.

"The person on top was ground and pounding the person on the bottom?"asked Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara.

"Correct," said Good

This type of denial; this widespread refusal to accept the truth of this case should be studied in evolutionary psychology, if not done so already. Why is it hard for some to accept that Zimmerman reasonably defended himself? He passed the lie detector, physical evidence as well as witness testimony backed up his case. What more do you want? It's a similar phenomena with 9/11 deniers.

try the expert testimony as to the bullet path through trayvons chest! it proved the statement of zimmerman who said trayvon was on top of him as stated. forensics is a bitch in regards the prosecution isn't it? this is the mentallity

I'm not disputing that at least at one point Martin was on top of Zimmerman. But it's easy to end up on the bottom of a fight especially if you're as bad at fighting as Zimmerman seems to claim.

This type of denial; this widespread refusal to accept the truth of this case should be studied in evolutionary psychology, if not done so already. Why is it hard for some to accept that Zimmerman reasonably defended himself? He passed the lie detector, physical evidence as well as witness testimony backed up his case. What more do you want? It's a similar phenomena with 9/11 deniers.

I think some fall under a psychological issue termed "normalcy bias."

Was is it so hard to understand that Zimmerman should have never followed Martin? That's just standard neighborhood watch procedure, I've done neighborhood watch before, it's one of the first things they tell you NOT TO DO.  They've stopped the neighborhood watch program in the community this happened. 

Was is it so hard to understand that Zimmerman should have never followed Martin? That's just standard neighborhood watch procedure, I've done neighborhood watch before, it's one of the first things they tell you NOT TO DO.  They've stopped the neighborhood watch program in the community this happened. 

Guys, I'm starting to believe heatlesssun is simply trolling everyone. This isn't real.

Guys, I'm starting to believe heatlesssun is simply trolling everyone. This isn't real.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5457133_neighborhood-block-watch-guidelines.html

Patrolling a neighborhood armed and following people breaks the fundamental tenants of the neighborhood watch program. Zimmerman may have acted in self-defense at a particular moment but it was situation that he could have EASILY avoided by not trying to play cop. 

http://www.ehow.com/way_5457133_neighborhood-block-watch-guidelines.html

Patrolling a neighborhood armed and following people breaks the fundamental tenants of the neighborhood watch program. Zimmerman may have acted in self-defense at a particular moment but it was situation that he could have EASILY avoided by not trying to play cop. 

That's nice to know. He stopped following after the dispatcher recommended him not too. Doesn't change the fact that he used reasonably force to defend himself.

And times like this I literally laugh my ass off.  Rallies and protests are the dumbest, lamest, most pointless things a person can do.  All these people "upset" about the verdict yet not a single one of them was witness to what happened that night.  They have nothing to stand on but want to shout about it?  Okay....

The people protesting want retribution/vengeance, not justice.

I've been black all of my life of 45 years. Telling a grown black man, particularly one on the larger side that they don't get profiled is ignorant as well. I don't know with certainty that's what happened here but again, why would Zimmerman start calling a complete stranger an a-hole? That these punks always get away? I certainly doubt we have said that about a little old white lady or even a little old black lady. He saw a young black kid and thought he has a thug, just like many of you have determined about Martin. But of course Zimmerman hadn't dug into all of his social media before making that determination. 

Maybe because that completely random stranger was in a place he didn't belong? Cutting through peoples yards and such? If some random person was cutting through my yard for no reason I'd call them an *******, too.

Still playing the victim card though huh? At least you're consistent.

That is one of the most interesting Freudian slips I have ever seen.

Considering that George Zimmerman's great-grandfather is black, I really don't believe that he is racist against blacks.

I have posted this link before, but I think it needs to be posted again: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

One of his neighbors, a black woman, stated:  "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

Please read the story linked above, and see if you still feel the same.

Another interesting point was brought up today on CNN.

Rachel Jeantel had testified during the trial that Trayvon Martin had told her that he was already by his house.

Here is part of the transcript of her testimony: (from http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/27/atw.01.html)

WEST: Right. At that point he decided to approach this man and say, why are you following me?

JEANTEL: Yes, sir.
WEST: And he could have just run home if he wasn't there.
JEANTEL: He was already by his house. He told me.

This map shows the important locations in the neighborhood:

http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/2013/06/17/zimmerman-trayvon-map-interactive

If Trayvon was "already by his house", he would have had to double back to the point where he was killed.

You are more than welcome to form your own opinion. But, if I had been on the jury, I would have had to find Zimmerman "not guilty" as well.

That's nice to know. He stopped following after the dispatcher recommended him not too. Doesn't change the fact that he used reasonably force to defend himself.

And nothing you're saying here disputes what I said. Zimmerman started following Martin, something he should have never done had he followed the most basic rules. Zimmerman started following, Martin noticed, everything that happened afterwards was a result of that.  

That is one of the most interesting Freudian slips I have ever seen.

Considering that George Zimmerman's great-grandfather is black, I really don't believe that he is racist against blacks.

I have posted this link before, but I think it needs to be posted again: http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

One of his neighbors, a black woman, stated:  "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin."

Please read the story linked above, and see if you still feel the same.

If you put me side by side with Zimmerman and called him a black guy you'd better see the optometrist. I have a white great-grandmother, I don't think anyone would call me white.  And yes, this is my point, Zimmerman saw a young black male and instantly thought he was going to rob someone because, well, there were OTHER black boys seen doing it. I've been stopped by the cops because they were looking for a black guy. But I don't think they INSTANTLY thought I was an a-hole and punk. 

And nothing you're saying here disputes what I said. Zimmerman started following Martin, something he should have never done had he followed the most basic rules. Zimmerman started following, Martin noticed, everything that happened afterwards was a result of that.  

So? He still used reasonably force to defend himself. Like one of the juror's said, maybe he's guilty of not using "good judgement." Nonetheless, he was viciously attacked.

If you put me side by side with Zimmerman and called him a black guy you'd better see the optometrist. I have a white great-grandmother, I don't think anyone would call me white.  And yes, this is my point, Zimmerman saw a young black male and instantly thought he was going to rob someone because, well, there were OTHER black boys seen doing it. I've been stopped by the cops because they were looking for a black guy. But I don't think they INSTANTLY thought I was an a-hole and punk. 

I never claimed George was black. He identifies himself as Hispanic. I don't know you, so I wouldn't even pretend to know how you racially identify yourself, other than what you have said here.

I believe Zimmerman's comments were directed at the people that had committed the break-ins, not specifically at Trayvon himself. That is obviously open to interpretation. As to why he would call the police on Trayvon, he fit the profile of the people that were committing the burglaries. Who should the neighborhood watch be looking for?

And yes, this is my point, Zimmerman saw a young black male and instantly thought he was going to rob someone because, well, there were OTHER black boys seen doing it. I've been stopped by the cops because they were looking for a black guy. But I don't think they INSTANTLY thought I was an a-hole and punk. 

He was on a neighbors lawn... that's pretty suspicious, especially in a neighborhood where there has been a history of break-ins and people casing houses. Then he was walking around and stopping, looking around. In the dark. In the rain.

So? He still used reasonably force to defend himself. Like one of the juror's said, maybe he's guilty of not using "good judgement." Nonetheless, he was viciously attacked.

So start a confrontation, get scared and then kill the person. Ok. As for viciously attacked, hmm. I've been in a fist fight on a concrete side walk and it leaves a lot of scrapes and scratches and rips in your clothing and I didn't consider the fight anywhere near a fight to the death. Yes, Zimmerman was popped in the nose, looks like he hit his head someone, but there's NO WAY his head was pounded repeatedly into a concrete side walk. Indeed there is a curious lack of injuries on both Zimmerman and Martin in what Zimmerman was calling a life and death struggle.

I never claimed George was black. He identifies himself as Hispanic. I don't know you, so I wouldn't even pretend to know how you racially identify yourself, other than what you have said here.

I believe Zimmerman's comments were directed at the people that had committed the break-ins, not specifically at Trayvon himself. That is obviously open to interpretation. As to why he would call the police on Trayvon, he fit the profile of the people that were committing the burglaries. Who should the neighborhood watch be looking for?

Exactly, Zimmerman saw Martin and because he's black immediately thinks the worst because he fit a certain profile. That's called profiling! Ok, so call the police and let someone better trained and hopefully less hot headed and angry do the what they are trained and paid to do. The world doesn't need a bunch of wannabe cops following every black person that they think is suspicious and think they know what they are doing because they are carrying a concealed weapon, otherwise this same mess will happen over and over and over. 

Indeed there is a curious lack of injuries on both Zimmerman and Martin in what Zimmerman was calling a life and death struggle.

Absolutely no injuries are required to claim self-defense... just the fear/expectation of serious bodily harm. And once Martin became aware of the gun, it was simply a race to see who could get it first. A fight over a gun is very obviously a life and death struggle, no matter how injured you are or get. Is it really that unreasonable to fear getting a concussion or passing out when your head is hit several times on the concrete?

There is a curious lack of injuries on Martin (other than a gun shot wound), compared to all the injuries on Zimmerman.

So start a confrontation, get scared and then kill the person. Ok. As for viciously attacked, hmm. I've been in a fist fight on a concrete side walk and it leaves a lot of scrapes and scratches and rips in your clothing and I didn't consider the fight anywhere near a fight to the death. Yes, Zimmerman was popped in the nose, looks like he hit his head someone, but there's NO WAY his head was pounded repeatedly into a concrete side walk. Indeed there is a curious lack of injuries on both Zimmerman and Martin in what Zimmerman was calling a life and death struggle.

No he did not start a confrontation. He was approach, then attacked by this dude. You're not a medical examiner. The expert medical examiner corroborated Zimmerman's story about the fight.

Absolutely no injuries are required to claim self-defense... just the fear/expectation of serious bodily harm. And once Martin became aware of the gun, it was simply a race to see who could get it first. A fight over a gun is very obviously a life and death struggle, no matter how injured you are or get. Is it really that unreasonable to fear getting a concussion or passing out when your head is hit several times on the concrete?

There is a curious lack of injuries on Martin (other than a gun shot wound), compared to all the injuries on Zimmerman.

So if a person throws a punch, and then someone reaches for a gun, does the person who threw the punch just have to get shot to death? Can they not also make a claim to self-defense by fighting for the gun, particularly if they are unarmed?

Again, two people fighting to the death on concrete are going to have far more injuries and damage to clothing than either Martin or Zimmerman had. Been there, done, that. It was only like about 30 to 40 seconds, my hands and keens where the pants ripped were all scraped up, nasty concrete burn on my face, I looked a lot worse than Zimmerman did in those pictures.