George Zimmerman has been found not guilty!

How many times do you people need to have this fact beaten into your head? (see what I did there)

It's a pretty simple concept, but you have 2 things going against you.. 1: The lack of ability to reason for ones self, and 2: The lack of ability to educate ones self. - Sadly, this is true for what seems to be a majority of people these days.

They is no evidence Trayvon instigated the fight either. 

Could you put a needle in someones arm with lack of evidence? I know I couldn't.. 

Much like the Casey Anthony case, the charges were too high and the evidence was too weak. 

They should have only went with man 1 with the amount of evidence they had.. 

They is no evidence Trayvon instigated the fight either. But I never said Zimmerman instigated the fight, I am saying he instigated a conflict when he assumed Trayvon was committing a crime & decided to play police man.

Trayvon was not there to kill Zimmerman, but Zimmerman was out to catch "bad guys". Whether there was mutual combat or Trayvon lashed out, common assault is no reason to use lethal force at all.

When Trayvon started to bash his head into the concrete, it was more than merely "common assault". Under Florida's law, it became attempted murder. And under Florida's law, Zimmerman acted appropriately to defend himself. You can spin it to try and act as if Trayvon wasn't doing much harm as you want, but the evidence and witness corroborations asserts you are wrong.

• Like 2

Zimmerman went to check on the neighborhood to see what was going on, he saw someone that may or may not have been up to no good, he checked it out, called 911, 911 told him to stop following, HE DID, Martin instigated the fight, and beat the **** out of Zimmerman, Martin saw that Zimmerman carrying a gun and told him that "he was going to die tonight", after that Zimmerman grabbed his gun and killed Martin..

I also would like to play devils advocate here,

Martin was also probably startled up because someone was following him, he didn't mess around and beat Zimmerman up for following him because he may felt like his life was also endangered.. 

I don't know where I really stand on this case.. I am back and forth.. Yes, it was self-defence in the end, but could have been avoided if Zimmerman just called the cops and never got out of his car. He couldn't stand his ground, so had to take a life. 

At the same time, what if Martin was up to no good and went to go rape someone? You can never been too careful.. and that is why Zimmerman followed him.. 

As you can see.. I am back and forth on the case. . 

People's reactions to this are completely ridiculous.

It came down to one question for the jury. "Is it reasonable for me to believe that while underneath this 17 year old kid having his head bashed into the pavement that George Zimmerman feared for his life?"

The answer is yes. It would be "yes" for most people. The events that led up to it are moot. Should he have followed him? Probably not. But that's not against the law.

It is when the assault escalates to the point where one's life is threatened.

How many times do you people need to have this fact beaten into your head? (see what I did there)

It didn't escalate until Zimmerman went for the gun.

When Trayvon started to bash his head into the concrete, it was more than merely "common assault". Under Florida's law, it became attempted murder. And under Florida's law, Zimmerman acted appropriately to defend himself. You can spin it to try and act as if Trayvon wasn't doing much harm as you want, but the evidence and witness corroborations asserts you are wrong.

No it wasn't. His injuries were consistent with nothing more than common assault. He was not concussed & did not go to hospital.

People are over playing this like his head was about to be cracked like an egg on the side walk. It wasn't.

Zimmerman went to check on the neighborhood to see what was going on, he saw someone that may or may not have been up to no good, he checked it out, called 911, 911 told him to stop following, HE DID, Martin instigated the fight, and beat the **** out of Zimmerman, Martin saw that Zimmerman carrying a gun and told him that "he was going to die tonight", after that Zimmerman grabbed his gun and killed Martin..

There is no evidence that Martin instigated the fight. Also Zimmerman is the only witness as to Martin telling him he was going to die.

No it wasn't. His injuries were consistent with nothing more than common assault. He was not concussed & did not go to hospital.

People are over playing this like his head was about to be cracked like an egg on the side walk. It wasn't.

There is no evidence that Martin instigated the fight. Also Zimmerman is the only witness as to Martin telling him he was going to die.

Ok. Again, due to lack of evidence in the case, could you put the needle in someones arm? They both were not saints that night. 

What do you mean no it wasn't? The effects of the injuries are irrelevant to the crime. You can obviously only say they weren't life threatening in retrospect; after he was examined by a medical examiner, but you wouldn't make that case as it was happening in the moment. When someone is bashing your head into a concrete, that is attempted murder. If we find out afterwards that he didn't sustain substantial injuries from the incident, we don't downgrade the crime. I don't understand why you people are so willing to throw away basic logic like this.

There is no evidence that Martin instigated the fight.

No, but there was forensic evidence that Trayvon's knuckles were scraped up (likely from punching GZ), which is consistent with GZ's telling of his story.

What do you mean no it wasn't? The effects of the injuries are irrelevant to the crime. You can obviously only say they weren't life threatening in retrospect; after he was examined by a medical examiner, but you wouldn't make that case as it was happening. When someone is bashing your head into a concrete, that is attempted murder. If we find out afterwards that he didn't sustain substantial injuries from the incident, we don't downgrade the crime. I don't understand why you people are so willing to throw away basic logic like this.

Well I find his injuries are relevant, considering he killed the guy in response to the beating he took. I also don't agree that hitting someones head into the ground should equate to attempted murder.

I don't think Zimmerman's life was in danger.

No, but there was forensic evidence that Trayvon's knuckles were scraped up (likely from punching GZ), which is consistent with GZ's telling of his story.

Sure I don't dispute that. Trayvon beat the guy pretty good.

Ok. Again, due to lack of evidence in the case, could you put the needle in someones arm? They both were not saints that night. 

Sorry, I don't know what this "needle in someones arm" thing means :pinch: :rofl:

But you're right they both weren't saints that night...

Don't be silly - it legally escalated when Zimmerman was put to ground, sustained a nasal bone fracture, and had his head dribbled off a concrete sidewalk. The gun rightly came out in response to those provocations.

Wrong.

The blatant bouncing of someones head off something like concrete in Michigan, whose laws are similar to Florida's, would at minimum be Aggravated Assault - assault with intent to do great bodily harm. That classification is also used by the FBI. By definition this opens it up to a self defense action as deadly force can be used if the beat-ee is in fear of, get ready, great bodily harm. Duh.

Also, people don't go to hospital when they should all the time - it isn't a crime and he did go to his doctor the next day. There the diagnosis of a nasal fracture and the other head injuries was made. The prosecution even stipulated to their reality in its own presentation. Case closed.

You know a whole lot less about head trauma than you think. People have died from head impacts outwardly less severe than what Zimmerman sustained. It's in the angle, individual internal anatomy and luck, and blood need not be drawn or fractures be present.

I remember many cases where patients sustained a potentially deadly subdural hematoma just from cracking their heads on kitchen cupboards. Most didn't even draw blood. Concrete is harder. There are also numerous cases where a simple punch to the jaw ruptured a vertebral artery, or a punch to the nose drove the nasal septum into someones brain. It doesn't take much, and very often symptoms don't occur for 24-48 hours.

Again, he didn't have to instigate it. The law requires that the response be proportionate to what one is faced with. If, and this is a big if, Zimmerman shoved or punched him the appropriate, and legal, response does NOT include escalating the confrontation from simple assault by doing an MMA style beat-down - which is an aggravated assault. At that point the recipient of the aggravated assault has the right prevent it by any means including lethal force. Bang.
  • Like 3

no. it is only outrageous when it becomes news. when the lame stream media tells people to be outraged. divide and conquer through racial wars... Eric Holders DOJ paid tax money to promote zimmerman protests.. what does that say? it is all a bunch of...BS.

Six months ago I would've told you that you were a crazy right winger, but now I'm not so sure, this whole thing has opened my eyes a bit to what the media is really up to, they think of themselves as judge, jury, and executioner, and apparently everyone has an agenda.

Well I find his injuries are relevant, considering he killed the guy in response to the beating he took. I also don't agree that hitting someones head into the ground should equate to attempted murder.

I want everyone to see how this guy is trying hard to subtlely downplay Trayvon's attack on Zimmerman. I say bash head into concrete, he says hit head in the ground.

You may not not think bashing someone's head into the concrete as attempted murder, but most do, and it's the law; at least in many States. This on top of Zimmerman's testimony that Trayvon said "you're going to die tonight" (which may or may not be true). And under the law, Zimmerman acted reasonably.

And what about Trayvon Martin's telling of his story? Oh yeah, that's right - George Zimmerman killed him. You cannot expect to get a balanced perspective from the accounts of one of the participants.

Lethal force should be a last resort and it's hard to believe that was the case when Zimmerman initiated the conflict, was armed, had taken courses covering self-defence and had a significantly heavier build. Florida has once again endorsed vigilantism, further diminishing the value of human life and making black people fear for their safety.

it's unfortunate not all black-on-black crimes are met with as much vigor and pleads of mob outrage as has been displayed by the usual suspects (Sharpton, etc) with this case.

I want everyone to see how this guy is trying hard to subtlely downplay Trayvon's attack on Zimmerman. I say bash head into concrete, he says hit head in the ground.

You may not not think bashing someone's head into the concrete as attempted murder, but most do, and it's the law; at least in many States. And under the law, Zimmerman acted reasonably.

And was found NOT GUILTY. I cannot for the life of me figure out why people continue to talk about it. Its OVER until someone sues Zimmerman for wrongful death.

Sorry, I don't know what this "needle in someones arm" thing means :pinch: :rofl:

But you're right they both weren't saints that night...

It means, the death penalty or putting away someone for life.  I couldn't find a man guilty of the Murder 2 with lack of evidence and holes throughout the case. 

I noticed people seem to ignore the fact trayvon was trespassing in a gated community walking though peoples backyards.  That fact a long with the fact a young black male had recently burglarized that community made it very suspicious.  Now I think zimmmerman was over zealous and was tired of people getting away.   No one but them know what happened but everything Zimmerman said happened lined up with others. He said that he only went for the gun because trayvon went to grab it first and said "You are going to die tonight"  and Zimmerman managed to get it un holsterd and shot and trayvon said "You got me" and rolled off.  To me there was  no evidence to prove anything different happened. 

Are you for real dude? He was 17. Had he been a year older, would you say he would then have the know how? From this comment, it's clear you've throw away logic and are not having an objective discussion.

Part of Zimmerman's defense was that he was he was poor hand to hand fighter. I'm simply saying that Zimmerman wouldn't have walked away from the type of attack that he described had I been the one he was stalking in that situation. 

Six months ago I would've told you that you were a crazy right winger, but now I'm not so sure, this whole thing has opened my eyes a bit to what the media is really up to, they think of themselves as judge, jury, and executioner, and apparently everyone has an agenda.

Welcome to a wider understanding of the medias true actions.

Their real mission is selling ad space, and that requires viewers. Take an incident, turn it into something bigger and more controversial than it really is and they get viewers which sells more ads. Repeat. They use 'the usual suspects' (Sharpton, Jackson, New Black Panthers, political bomb throwers on both sides, etc.) to drive the stampede to controversy.

Meanwhile, they decry the social and political Balkanization they themselves help to create.

• Like 2

After reading many of these comments it is quite clear to me that nothing has changed in this world European Americans still make these types of comments their grandparents made about African American people. Pure and simple it?s white supremacy under the disguise racism. Lots of code words or symbolism to mean hateful things!