Avengers: Age of Ultron

Casting Call reveal the Plot?

In "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" Loki is gone and the new villain will be the evil robot Ultron, who has the ability to keep upgrading his own strength, making him extremely fearsome. Tony Stark/Iron Man becomes the unwitting creator of Ultron. The brother-and-sister team of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch become the seventh and eighth members of The Avengers. Quicksilver has extreme speed, while Scarlet Witch can cast spells and has telekinesis ability. Black Widow and Hawkeye will be key figures in the film.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=84489

So will Quicksilver be played by the same person in Xmen Days of Future Past?

I really can't wait for this movie.  I'm assuming that Thanos will be behind the scenes a little in Avengers 2 before being the main villain in the Avengers 3 movie...  I was really hoping though for more cohesion in the other movies (The Infinity Gauntlet goes missing in Thor, etc.)...

Thanos is an eternal yes, but he's also a titan. The mad titan actually. He's also obsessed and in love with Death (literally, the physical embodiement of death herself) and has many times been beaten because of this little flaw of his. Then there is the whole infinity gems stuff, but let's not go there :D

There is SO much they could use with Thanos though, I have no idea if they will actually use a comic storyline or make up a new one. Just think if they did the Avengers Assemble story (which includes the Gaurdians of the Galaxy) or the Annihilation War story!

They're definitely going in the right direction with Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy. Thanos would be damn-near unstoppable with the Infinity Gauntlet. Hopefully they won't let him use it right away. As far as we know, it's still safe and secure in Odin's Vault.

man if only they could get the same guy.. it'd be a real connection between the two Marvel Universes. 

Yeah but this is sadly the feud between Fox and Marvel :/ :(

Yeah but this is sadly the feud between Fox and Marvel :/ :(

Fox and Sony needs to smarten up imo. They are really limiting everything that the fans want. 

• 3 weeks later...

shot_9.png

According to my sources, Saoirse Ronan has passed on the role of Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch, in The Avengers: Age of Ultron despite being, at some point or another, Joss Whedon?s top pick for the role.

Unfazed, however, Whedon and Marvel then moved their attentions on to Elizabeth Olsen.

I always feel awkward reporting on these ?second choice? moments, but then I remember how Harrison Ford probably hasn?t ever woken up in a cold sweat from a Tom Selleck nightmare and I feel a bit better about it.

Olsen is a great choice, I think, because she?s a pretty good choice for anything. The girl can act, she?s got charisma and she?s smart.

Now, the concept of Wanda that Whedon is playing with can?t incorporate the part of her comic book history where ? surprise! ? Magneto was revealed to be her father. He?s got everything else to pay with, however, not to mention whatever he can invent himself.

As I understand it, Olsen would need to adopt a ?European? accent for the role, but that?s not such a big deal. Tougher will be standing her ground amidst an established cast of top-drawer actors and crowd pleasers that everybody in the audience already loves from the first Avengers film, not to mention their own pictures.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/20/scarlet-witch-casting-moved-on-to-elizabeth-olsen-after-saoirse-ronan-passed-on-avengers-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

shot_9.png

According to my sources, Saoirse Ronan has passed on the role of Wanda Maximoff, The Scarlet Witch, in The Avengers: Age of Ultron despite being, at some point or another, Joss Whedon?s top pick for the role.

Unfazed, however, Whedon and Marvel then moved their attentions on to Elizabeth Olsen.

I always feel awkward reporting on these ?second choice? moments, but then I remember how Harrison Ford probably hasn?t ever woken up in a cold sweat from a Tom Selleck nightmare and I feel a bit better about it.

Olsen is a great choice, I think, because she?s a pretty good choice for anything. The girl can act, she?s got charisma and she?s smart.

Now, the concept of Wanda that Whedon is playing with can?t incorporate the part of her comic book history where ? surprise! ? Magneto was revealed to be her father. He?s got everything else to pay with, however, not to mention whatever he can invent himself.

As I understand it, Olsen would need to adopt a ?European? accent for the role, but that?s not such a big deal. Tougher will be standing her ground amidst an established cast of top-drawer actors and crowd pleasers that everybody in the audience already loves from the first Avengers film, not to mention their own pictures.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/20/scarlet-witch-casting-moved-on-to-elizabeth-olsen-after-saoirse-ronan-passed-on-avengers-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Too bad Saoirse Ronan passed on the role because I thought she'd be a great Wanda. However, Elizabeth Olsen is a pretty good choice as well.

Not being able to mention she's the daughter of Magneto isn't important for the Avengers films btw. The fans already know that part anyways.

Writer-director Joss Whedon explains his plans for the title villain:

?I knew right away what I wanted to do with him. He?s always trying to destroy the Avengers, goddamn it, he?s got a bee in his bonnet. He?s not a happy guy, which means he?s an interesting guy. He?s got pain. And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we?ll take away some of those powers because at some point everybody becomes magic, and I already have someone [a new character, Scarlet Witch] who?s a witch? [i?ve got] to ground [the character] while still evoking that guy. As a character I love [ultron], because he?s so ###### off.?

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/21/avengers-2-scoop-how-ultron-will-differ-from-the-comics/

Too bad Saoirse Ronan passed on the role because I thought she'd be a great Wanda. However, Elizabeth Olsen is a pretty good choice as well.

Not being able to mention she's the daughter of Magneto isn't important for the Avengers films btw. The fans already know that part anyways.

I agree, She is a great choice and pretty to boot.

"Olsen would also be expected to don an English accent, according to one insider."

I'm sure that won't be a problem. Good to see they are following canon, though.

I'm sure that won't be a problem. Good to see they are following canon, though.

If they want to keep doing that, they better give Quicksilver his iconic look. They ruined it on Days of "Days of Future Past", in that he just looks like a regular kid with long hair.

A cool little site I started following recently, Unleash the Fanboy (UTF) just put out an exclusive that, if true, will absolutely tie some things together from Iron Man 3 and Avengers: Age of Ultron. According to UTF, Paul Bettany (the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S.) will also voice Ultron. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheNerdery/news/?a=86082

A cool little site I started following recently, Unleash the Fanboy (UTF) just put out an exclusive that, if true, will absolutely tie some things together from Iron Man 3 and Avengers: Age of Ultron. According to UTF, Paul Bettany (the voice of J.A.R.V.I.S.) will also voice Ultron. 

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/TheNerdery/news/?a=86082

So Jarvis becomes Ultron? He will go rouge? 

So Jarvis becomes Ultron? He will go rouge?

Read the post somewhere else because the link isn't working anymore for some reason. If JARVIS really is going to go rogue then that would cause lots of troubles for Iron Man's suit I think.

JARVIS is a program. Programs can be copied and modified.

It would seem to me we'll end up with a "good" JARVIS and an "Evil" JARVIS.

I think he's more of an A.I. than a program at this point though so he might develop his own sense of justice or there's a code in him that makes him rogue? Or a virus from a vilain that makes him rogue?