Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad)

it's final already?  dammit.  well, it is for some reason, my favorite show on TV.     though i am not sure I would have lasted past first 2 episodes if i have not seen breaking bad first.

but now, i see they are bringing the same intensity.

every major character is great, but Jonathan Banks (Mike) is just awesome. Fully in the zone, and extremely believeable.

• Like 2

i watched the first 9 episodes yesterday. just awesome. :)

The finale was very anti-climatic IMO. Honestly, I was disappointed in the entire season. There were good parts, but on a whole, I just didn't care much for it. I think one could describe it as the anti-Breaking Bad, which is not a good thing.

The finale was "underwhelming" until you place the story structure across seasons. We see his breakdown, slide back to scamming, and probably the death of Jimmy and rise of Saul.

I'm used to the pace of BB when telling a story and for me the finale showed how we get to know the Saul from it.

It was a great season and the finale was decent enough in showing that he can and will succumb to the Slipping Jimmy disease inside of him, and probably sooner rather than later.

Also, we only have touched the surface of Mike as well.  

Only issue I had was Jimmy's old-timers home rant.  It went on too long in the middle of the episode.

• Like 1

i thought the last expisode was very slow, but i think the action will pick up as jimmy start to pick up more criminals as clients next season.

what happened with davis and maine people,

did jimmy straight up decided not to bother with them?  

turning back from the parking lot?  why the sudden change of mind at the last minute?

(though i guess if he did get the job, we would not have the show.... 

and because he wanted to be chuck, and now he does not...)

EDIT:

a good summary that makes sense, from someones comment somewhere else on the intrawebs...

Great review, but there was no mention of what I think was a crucial part of the finale: Jimmy goes back to Chuck's house.

From the way it was presented, Jimmy may have been ready to forgive Chuck. Jimmy was about to join a big law firm,

maybe even a become partner. His intention may have been to inform Chuck and put everything that's happened behind them.
Until Jimmy runs into an HH&M employee who is now doing the errands Jimmy used to do for Chuck. Jimmy's burden has been lifted.

Whatever small inclination there was to make up with his brother is gone, and Jimmy leaves.

This may have been the moment Jimmy lets go of his moral obligation to help his brother, or anyone else, rather than help himself first.

yeah, i think this is a pretty reasonable explanation.

So I guess Tuco was just a cameo? It seems weird that they never really tied up that storyline.

we better not have to wait a year for season 2 :/

unfortunately it is exactly what is going to happen.

While a specific premiere date has yet to be set, AMC has confirmed that Better Call Saul will be paired up with The Walking Dead in both the first quarter of 2015 and the first quarter of 2016.

• 1 year later...

I am, will he blow cover to save Chuck, is this how Chuck dies? so exciting!!!!

edit: I watched BB but can't remember if it was mentioned how Chuck went out the picture*

20 hours ago, Steven P. said:

I am, will he blow cover to save Chuck, is this how Chuck dies? so exciting!!!!

edit: I watched BB but can't remember if it was mentioned how Chuck went out the picture*

I don't recall him ever mentioning a brother on BB so don't think we knew there even was a Chuck back then.

Charles and Kim were never mentioned in BB, so I'm sure there are going to be fall outs or deaths in this show. I do love seeing all of the other easter eggs and references from Breaking Bad getting pulled in. I don't think this season has been as good as last, but it's still a great show.